NikoPower

0.5.16 - Update Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

76 posts in this topic

What do you think about the new update? Let us know in the comments below.

lower tier german DD's AP seem a bit weak...

tier4: same tier royal navy cruiser gives broadside. FLAT BROADSIDE.

bounce bounce bounce bounce.... surely ive expected a pen or a citadel at a range of 6 km....

All the new German DDs get a very large penalty after firing their main guns, Tiers 2 thru 4 get 6.6K added to their detection range and Tiers 5 thru 10 get 7.3 to their detection range. Is this a bug? or is that was WG desired?

All the new German DDs get a very large penalty after firing their main guns, Tiers 2 thru 4 get 6.6K added to their detection range and Tiers 5 thru 10 get 7.3 to their detection range. Is this a bug? or is that was WG desired?

​They are big guns...

I feel the fortresses on maps like hotspot are SEVERALLY overpowered.. I was on just under 25k HP in my missouri angled against an Amagi while going through capture points in under 45s between his HE spam and the fortress I was dead. another player in the same game commented as a destroyer theyre too accurate, better than normal players even and he was nailed repeatedly by the fortresses... maybe a dispersion increase for the fortress guns? theyre just way too good.

I enjoy the late update, and WG did a great job. Of course there are always people they complaining too much, but haven't achieved anything (even not in life).

Awesome job dudes! Looking forward for more! Someday I hope to see Missions combined with World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships!

Why did you feel the need to stealth nerf the German DDs after you'd already released the stats/allowed community contributors to review them? Seems a little disingenuous to be honest.

Yep German DD's got messed up after testing.  German 128mm guns after firing add 8km's to detection. Soviet DD's 130mm add 5.9km's and Japanese 127mm add 3.8km's

I just finished a battle with a couple of my ships and noticed that some of the main battery sounds are different. I'm not sure if these are more realistic but I miss the sound my Atlanta's guns had before the update. They just sound a bit muffled now. Otherwise, I've really been enjoying the game!
Edited by JM1983

I just finished a battle with a couple of my ships and noticed that some of the main battery sounds are different. I'm not sure if these are more realistic but I miss the sound my Atlanta's guns had before the update. They just sound a bit muffled now. Otherwise, I've really been enjoying the game!

Try changing the radio comm under the audio settings.

Bought a couple of NEW DD's and its a lot of fun BUT.....The smoke on the ships when they are on fire are not like what they used to be.  I am using GTX 1070.2wdocxu.jpg

Atlanta's guns sound the same to me from a prior patch.  However, yes, they are quieter than long ago.  I like it.  Reminds us to be more cautious.

German Destroyers are a pretty massive let down.  It is like they tried to make a jack of all trades and failed hard.  From their crap smoke to horrible firing penalties(completely insane detectability increase that makes no sense), and with their crap gun range for how fragile they are (*cough* way to weak against AP *cough*), they are to big and with the crap maneuverability they are just to easy to hit.  There is also the crappy Hyrdro Acoustics, that has a damn near useless range.  All these things and more just make the line sub par.

None of their upsides make up for the slew of downsides. 

I am not saying I haven't had some good battles, but the line so far is pretty bad.  They need to re-balance them badly (read buff). 

Why did you feel the need to stealth nerf the German DDs after you'd already released the stats/allowed community contributors to review them? Seems a little disingenuous to be honest.

Cash grab to get people to convert Exp ahead of time. 

A lot of the new sounds are pretty nice though, I haven't encountered anything that would make me not like those changes so far. 

Unfortunately I have not encountered a Bastion battle yet, so I can't say much about that. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

London port is atrocious, they placed St. Pauls West of the Tower closer to Covent Garden and the houses of Parliament rather than where it actually is. The Tower of London makes sense relative to Tower Bridge even if the cranes on the opposite river bank are irrelevant, but to see St. Pauls placed so poorly just exemplifies why the releases are still ZERO point numbers... In fact, the lighting leads me to think the Sun is North of the river. LEL

btw, I haven't worked in London since just after the turn of the millennium but four and a half years of working there leaves some pretty strong memories.

IIRC, there were some very similar posts regarding the Saint Petersburg port?

Edited by 33nfidel

Bought a couple of NEW DD's and its a lot of fun BUT.....The smoke on the ships when they are on fire are not like what they used to be.  I am using GTX 1070.2wdocxu.jpg

ARP Ships have a more cartoonized fire and shooting effects.

ARP Ships have a more cartoonized fire and shooting effects.

THANKS for that explanation as it makes sense if thats the case..  Best of Holidays to you...

Main gun sounds on certain ships such as Kuma and a few other ships are really terrible. Sounds very hollow. I hope they could bring back the main guns sounds from 0.5.15. they were great. 

Really need to fix this. Makes for less enjoyable game.

THANKS for that explanation as it makes sense if thats the case..  Best of Holidays to you...

You should see what happens when an ARP ship is torpedoed! Looks crazy

Main gun sounds on certain ships such as Kuma and a few other ships are really terrible. Sounds very hollow. I hope they could bring back the main guns sounds from 0.5.15. they were great. 

I guess this was already addressed. I hope they fix it. Also the Radio Slider does not help at all. Anyway to put the old sounds back into the WoWS folder? Somewhere int /RES folder? Edited by JustinOldDude

Not sure if my question is update related or a website issue..anyway I cant get past the log-in page when attempting to purchase "Santa's gifts"...anybody else struggling?

​They are big guns...

Only two of the German DD's offer the 150mm as an option. The problem stems from the 128mm guns which should not have as large a view penalty. See the third quote below......

This is a very Legitimate question, From some of the vids put up by youtube Community Contributors it would seem a few of them are pretty upset at what WG pulled here. They kind of threw the CC community under the bus on this one. I;m glad that I didnt waste any money on freeing up XP for this new line.

Yep German DD's got messed up after testing.  German 128mm guns after firing add 8km's to detection. Soviet DD's 130mm add 5.9km's and Japanese 127mm add 3.8km's

Yes, this is the issue right here, however, I have a feeling that WG plans to rework the other lines, i.e. the USN and IJN DD lines where they too will no longer be able to use stealth when firing their guns.

Again, and I am simply trying to warn WG here, if they go this route, they will be hurting this game. People will see players with Premium ships that will not be effected by the changes as being "PAY to PLAY" and they will be pissed off that they cant buy those ships anymore while being stuck with DD's that have been created with a completely new play style, that in the end will only kill the DD line.

I would not have an issue with the changes... IF WG rescaled the Destroyers to be on a 1:1 scale with Battleships, meaning that DD's should be displayed at their realistic scale to other ships in game, currently none of the ships in this game are drawn to the same scale as other classes of ships. Each class of ship is drawn to a different scale. However.....

It is really too late for WG to make such a change.... not unless they would be prepared for the huge backlash and resultant refunds demanded by players of Premium ships, since the only way to fix all the issues would be to readjust the premium DD's as well.

Currently as it is, the German DD line is not worth grinding, it has nothing to offer.

Instead of WG nerfing the other lines, they really need to buff the german line if they really expect anyone other then the Wehraboos to go beyond tier two and grind up to tier 10.

I guess this was already addressed. I hope they fix it. Also the Radio Slider does not help at all. Anyway to put the old sounds back into the WoWS folder? Somewhere int /RES folder?

*This...       The Radio slider doesn't help a bit on the affected ships.