You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_QOibb7dMvRGh

Steven Potato (Seagal)

10 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I think he is most suited for a BB, as their slow turret traverse and reload times are most effected by the special skills. I suppose he is would also be effective on a CL but to a lesser extent do there already faster turrets and such. On a DD he would be basically useless. 

Members
557 posts

I think he is most suited for a BB, as their slow turret traverse and reload times are most effected by the special skills. I suppose he is would also be effective on a CL but to a lesser extent do there already faster turrets and such. On a DD he would be basically useless. 

My thought was that since he has a bonus to Expert Loader, he is better suited to CA play as they can actually use that skill, whereas in a BB, you basically only fire AP and just switch to HE after an AP salvo, doing an ammo switch just takes too long to make it worth while.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

My thought was that since he has a bonus to Expert Loader, he is better suited to CA play as they can actually use that skill, whereas in a BB, you basically only fire AP and just switch to HE after an AP salvo, doing an ammo switch just takes too long to make it worth while.

Quite true. I have  him in my Indianapolis. BTW...thefoginvader has him trained wrong. He should be trained for Expert Loader too, since he reduces shell-switching by 75%.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

He'd have been a great choice for US CVs if he offered 300% dps boost to rear gunners as well as his ASE being -20% to flight prep time and +15% to plane survival.

But that'd have opened a new can of worms concerning US CVs.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I disagree, it is the complete opposite. With a high tier USN Cruiser, you can reload generally around 12 seconds. You can afford to fire AP and reload with HE. In a BB that reload time is liable to be more than double. Often by the time AP is fired and reloaded with HE, it is too late. WIth the 75% reduction a BB can swap HE for AP in 7 seconds. I hold that this skill, both skills, are most usefully in a BB.

Members
557 posts

I disagree, it is the complete opposite. With a high tier USN Cruiser, you can reload generally around 12 seconds. You can afford to fire AP and reload with HE. In a BB that reload time is liable to be more than double. Often by the time AP is fired and reloaded with HE, it is too late. WIth the 75% reduction a BB can swap HE for AP in 7 seconds. I hold that this skill, both skills, are most usefully in a BB.

Hmmm, I see your point.

However, I do like being able to switch really fast between HE and AP on a CA so that I always am able to take advantage in every situation as they present themselves. Have the right round loaded in CA to me seems more important than in BB where I rarely mind firing an AP salvo.

Anyway, Good luck and fair seas.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

I tried him in the Atlanta the other night. 1s ammo swap is nice, though it didn't come up too often. And of course, you can never have too much turret traverse when you're trying to hose down destroyers that keep appearing and disappearing.

Members
557 posts

I tried him in the Atlanta the other night. 1s ammo swap is nice, though it didn't come up too often. And of course, you can never have too much turret traverse when you're trying to hose down destroyers that keep appearing and disappearing.

Precisely! Enhancing the strengths of a ship even more to me, is more beneficial than the marginal gains when applied to a BB. BB's can take their sweet time, whereas BA's need to be quick, the quicker the better.