Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

German Builds

17 comments in this topic

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

What's everyone's thought on a good build for the KM DDs?

Seems like the standard DD builds would work. I don't know much about the 150mm guns but since the T10 doesn't get them, AFT will still be nice to have. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Seems like the standard DD builds would work. I don't know much about the 150mm guns but since the T10 doesn't get them, AFT will still be nice to have. 

Seems about right.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

What about upgrades on the t7? In the fourth slot, I'm still debating between propulsion mod 2 or steering mod 2.

Prop is nice for not losing your engine as much, but given how big these things are the faster tail wiggle of steering mod might be better for dodging fire. 

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

They seem like they're geared towards early capture and giving USNs something to worry about in those early game contests.

• Poor HE won't hurt anything but DDs.
  • Front launchers in early tier with hydro in higher tier.
  • HP and armor that's almost as good as VMF
  • Concealment like a USN
  • Fast torpedo reloads
  • Cruiser like AP damage
  • Decent top speeds

I expect to see a lot of early captures for this and then transitioning into torpedo ambush later on. They've got the ability to flush USNs out of their smoke and have the AP to push the cruisers away while the rest of the team rains on the poor USN. This will probably be a good line for people who don't play IJN properly... and maybe some of the weebs will try this line because of Z1.

My go to level 4 is AFT but it might not be the best value since you would be relying on AP and torpedoes for damage. You want to be closer to do anything worthwhile. Would probably go with SE for the level 4 skill and I don't know... TAE might actually be useful on this line since they're fast enough to catch up to their targets. SI would just give you extra charges on smoke that doesn't last long and hydro you will only use twice... (1) flush DD out of early cap and (2) flush BB/CA out of late game smoke protection.

My picks would be
(1) BOS > (2) LS > (3) TA > (4) SE > (5) CE > (2) TAE > (1) BFT

Edited by tooboku

[BSL]
Members
1,241 posts
22,570 battles

Rudder shift is HORRIBLE.  Turret rotation boost is a must.

46 and 52 use the same guns.  52 uses a slightly better fire control for a bit more distance.

52 has a torp that goes plus.5 km and 2 knots faster.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

How do they compare with Lo Yang?  

How do they do in a gun duel with the 3 other classes? 

Members
2,077 posts
14,311 battles

This will probably be a good line for people who don't play IJN properly...

Not really sure what you mean by this?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Rudder shift is HORRIBLE.  Turret rotation boost is a must.

46 and 52 use the same guns.  52 uses a slightly better fire control for a bit more distance.

52 has a torp that goes plus.5 km and 2 knots faster.

I actually went with propulsion mod 2 over steering gears mod 2, but I may change that.

[MAR_U]
Members
667 posts
8,079 battles

I actually went with propulsion mod 2 over steering gears mod 2, but I may change that.

I've found myself kiting away when I start to get focused on due to the size of the ship, much like you would in the Konigsberg and Nurenberg honestly. These DD's are rather large, and frankly I think play similar to some cruisers due to their size and their maneuverability. I find that if I get caught out and take shots broadside, engine is usually knocked out.

So I think propulsion mod is a good choice.

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

I have found the 105mm on the T-22 to be a POS.  sub 1k HE volleys on enemy DDs.  AP has been pretty useless.  OPing or bounces is about all I get.  I've felt completely out gunned by same tier US DDs.  I get the reduced smoke duration for sonar equipped DDs, but this fog that they have for smoke is retarded. 

T-22 I have been playing like an aggressive Minekaze.  It cant fight enemy DDs.

Members
164 posts
2,002 battles

I have found the 105mm on the T-22 to be a POS.  sub 1k HE volleys on enemy DDs.  AP has been pretty useless.  OPing or bounces is about all I get.  I've felt completely out gunned by same tier US DDs.  I get the reduced smoke duration for sonar equipped DDs, but this fog that they have for smoke is retarded. 

T-22 I have been playing like an aggressive Minekaze.  It cant fight enemy DDs.

This has been my experience.  The guns are a joke, the torps are still pretty slow and short-ranged, and you're wide enough to not be overpenned by AP shells.

It's just all-around an underpowered boat.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Thinking of the Z-52, I'm leaning toward forgoing AFT for DE to give the HE some sort of use while using the gun range upgrade (which is not on the Z-46 for some strange reason). Leveling the captain like this through the tiers gives an incentive to use the 150s on at least the Z-23.

I'm not sure how non-AA focused builds going with AFT will fare due to just how weak the German HE is by itself while angling and penetration fall off with range adversely affects the AP.

Sign in to follow this