Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
A_FIELD_MARSHAL

Apparently you can ask support to transfer a min of 5000 gold from WoT to WoWS

27 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
380 posts
3,279 battles

https://thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

• They are working on a service to transfer gold into doubloons for the near future. However, if you currently have at least 5000 gold in tanks or planes, you can ask the support to transferred it manually. The 5000 gold minimum may be reduced in the future when the number of requests abates.

• Cool 2

[U-P]
Beta Testers
87 posts
5,434 battles

No, This is a bad idea and or it'll never happen, its easy to farm free gold in WoT and if this had to happen a lot of players would never need to buy gold, so that will really damage the income for Wargamming. ( Remember Wargamming has Free to Play games so they need to make money somehow for all the costs required to keep everything maintained)

Alpha Tester
380 posts
3,279 battles

No, This is a bad idea and or it'll never happen, its easy to farm free gold in WoT and if this had to happen a lot of players would never need to buy gold, so that will really damage the income for Wargamming. ( Remember Wargamming has Free to Play games so they need to make money somehow for all the costs required to keep everything maintained)

Kinda hard to farm gold nowdays in WoT as they changed the tournament payments.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

I just asked Wargaming Support to see if they can move the gold I had sitting on my rusting WoT file to WoWS :).

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

I just asked Wargaming Support to see if they can move the gold I had sitting on my rusting WoT file to WoWS :).

Keep us updated on if it goes through.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

Keep us updated on if it goes through.

Sure :D.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Yes, it can have bad implications, however one way to avoid it getting out of control is to allow players a one time transfer of 5k Gold.  When I started playing this game it was all the scuttlebutt that we would be allowed to use Gold in one game or the other, many I know decided not to join here because WG decided it would not be allowed and those that did not come over decided they simply could not fund two games at the same time.

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

is everyone gonna ignore the elephant in the room here? 

allow me: 

• The Graf Spee will be an award ship of a Christmas campaign

(last bullet point)

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

This is literally the best news I've heard in a year.  I submitted a ticket as well.

To all those that think this is a bad idea:

WG advertised a fully unified economy a la WoWP before the game came out.  Then the reneged on that when they decided to make the XP and credit rates wildly different, and then we got the "separate but equal" doubloons (which happen to be 1:1 to gold in terms of real money cost and XP conversion value).  And I was never successful in any competitive sectors of the game, so I never got to farm any significant amounts of "free" gold.  I've since burned out on WoT, but I have gold that I paid for that I'd still like to use.  So while you may feel it isn't..."fair"...as a long term paying customer I have to respectfully disagree.  Because locking me out of money I already spent didn't feel very fair to me either.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

I hope this wont happen...

I hope it does happen. While waiting for WoWS to be released I thought I might as well save up on some gold which I can also use in WoT. Big mistake when I discovered that gold was not unified upon live release. My wallet has remained closed ever since. Stopped playing WoT long ago, so this service (if true) will be a welcoming feature.
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I did as well. I have over 90k gold in WoT. We shall see how it goes.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

When they first started the whole "Unified Account" system, that is exactly what it was supposed to do: allow you to use your gold across all games. All you bought was gold one time and you could use it for Tanks, Ships or Planes.

They decided not to do that though because they realized it would cost them sales when WoWP fell flat on its face. They had people that had paid in to planes and tanks and quit playing or or the other or both, so they never incorporated what the unified account was really supposed to be: Seamless operation between all their games like War Thunder has.

By keeping them separate, they actually make more sales.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

I'm short under those 5k.. so just buy a few dollars of gold and getting it all to WoWs? Sounds like a plan.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

When they first started the whole "Unified Account" system, that is exactly what it was supposed to do: allow you to use your gold across all games. All you bought was gold one time and you could use it for Tanks, Ships or Planes.

They decided not to do that though because they realized it would cost them sales when WoWP fell flat on its face. They had people that had paid in to planes and tanks and quit playing or or the other or both, so they never incorporated what the unified account was really supposed to be: Seamless operation between all their games like War Thunder has.

Isn't that why WG adopted the practice of selling new premium ships in the premium shop only (with a few exceptions being added to the tech tree for doubloons in future updates)?

Alpha Tester
380 posts
3,279 battles

WOWP fell on its face as it is a terrible game. Had it been good more people would of taken advantage of the unified system. 

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,562 battles

I'm short under those 5k.. so just buy a few dollars of gold and getting it all to WoWs? Sounds like a plan.

I wouldn't.  The gold transfer thing is from RU, we have no idea if NA is honoring it.  Wait until some people confirm support complied with the request imo.

edit: they also said the limit will drop as requests slow down...

Edited by bremen_

Alpha Tester
561 posts
11,080 battles

WOWP fell on its face as it is a terrible game. Had it been good more people would of taken advantage of the unified system. 

It's always popular to run down Warplanes, it's a safe play and makes you look rebellious too!

The game takes skill to play and has a very steep learning curve. Most people wash out.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Just got an official response from WG:

This is currently an RU only offer.

Sad day.

Was documented yesterday. RU only....lol.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Just got an official response from WG:

This is currently an RU only offer.

Sad day.

Greedy WG.

Sign in to follow this