Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
the_majestic_eagle

With ARP nearly finshed

9 comments in this topic

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

has anyone heard any news about the next collab WG is doing (with Haifuri)?

i haven't seen any news since it was first announced back in September, if any of y'all heard anything i'd love to know because right now all i know is that Haifuri is gonna be the collab for next year

i imagine it'll be something like the ARP collab but i would like confirmation if possible  

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,680 battles

only this http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/wows-rendezvous-hs-fleet/

Members
674 posts
4,336 battles

They could also do Zipang and Kenpeki no Kantai. Imagine Mirai in the game. ;) 

Hmmm. That gave me an idea of a coop battle of fighting the Mirai with ww2 ships to see how it fairs. Or maybe a player controlled Mirai against other players. Hmmmm.

Members
573 posts
1,465 battles

They could also do Zipang and Kenpeki no Kantai. Imagine Mirai in the game. ;) 

I can imagine my planes being shredded like the US squadron of SBD Dauntless and Avengers in the anime from their 127mm cannon alone.. :nerv_fish:

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

They could also do Kenpeki no Kantai 

Just looked it up and wow, it sounds terrible, I get the attack on Pearl Harbor part and fixing all his errors up until his death, but there are several fundamental plot holes, e.g. His age, Yamamoto was 59 when he died so if he went back to the time of Tsushima he would be 95 by the time he originally attacked pearl, its possible for him to be alive, but it's also more likely he'd have died years before or he'd be a seinial old man living out the rest of his days in a retirement home. To quote the timeline for the show (google search) "Yamamoto's first priority is to spearhead a massive naval construction program. It involves building a large fleet of advanced battleships and supercarriers, nuclear submarines based on the design of the real-life I-400 Sen Toku submarine, and advanced combat aircraft that were in prototype or concept form during the late stages of the actual Pacific War"  SEVERAL issues here, first off I saw the words nuclear submarines and I almost died laughing, Yamamoto died in 1943, 2 years before America even finished making the A-bomb, the manhattan project was one of the most highly kept secrets ever in the history of the US. So the idea that yammy here knew anything about it would be comical at best; second is the quote on "advanced combat aircraft that were in PROTOTYPE phase or CONCEPT form during the LATE stages of the pacific war" okay so Yamamoto dies in 1943 (aka the middle of the pacific war), the pacific war would rage on for another 2 years after his death, he couldn't have had ANY clue as to what type of  experimental aircraft were being tested by japan AFTER his death, hell he was an admiral of the navy, he probably wouldn't know about the experimental aircraft Japan was making while he was alive (that's the thing about experimental weapons, they don't tend to be talked about until after they are out of the prototype phase and onto the production phase, you know, real hush hush type of sh*t).

of course the rest of the timeline is just as bad, but the fact that i can read the first paragraph of the summery and just be astonished at the stupidity of some of these plot holes (especially the nuclear power one)i don't even have to get into the fact that Japan had essentially NO chance of beating America at any stage of the war, from the get go the Japanese doubted America's capacity to wage war. yes back then we wanted to stay out of another world war, but that wasn't us being cowards, that was us not wanting to send our children to go fight another one of EUROPE'S wars for them (WW1), what the Japanese forgot is that Americans are a proud people and we would never let japan get away with attacking us directly (Hawaii and the Philippines) so no matter what the cost, America would have fought tooth and nail with the Japanese no matter how long the fighting lasted   

Edited by the_majestic_eagle

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

They could also do Kenpeki no Kantai 

Just looked it up and wow, it sounds terrible, I get the attack on Pearl Harbor part and fixing all his errors up until his death, but there are several fundamental plot holes, e.g. His age, Yamamoto was 59 when he died so if he went back to the time of Tsushima he would be 95 by the time he originally attacked pearl, its possible for him to be alive, but it's also more likely he'd have died years before or he'd be a seinial old man living out the rest of his days in a retirement home. To quote the timeline for the show (google search) "Yamamoto's first priority is to spearhead a massive naval construction program. It involves building a large fleet of advanced battleships and supercarriers, nuclear submarines based on the design of the real-life I-400 Sen Toku submarine, and advanced combat aircraft that were in prototype or concept form during the late stages of the actual Pacific War"  SEVERAL issues here, first off I saw the words nuclear submarines and I almost died laughing, Yamamoto died in 1943, 2 years before America even finished making the A-bomb, the manhattan project was one of the most highly kept secrets ever in the history of the US. So the idea that yammy here knew anything about it would be comical at best; second is the quote on "advanced combat aircraft that were in PROTOTYPE phase or CONCEPT form during the LATE stages of the pacific war" okay so Yamamoto dies in 1943 (aka the middle of the pacific war), the pacific war would rage on for another 2 years after his death, he couldn't have had ANY clue as to what type of  experimental aircraft were being tested by japan AFTER his death, hell he was an admiral of the navy, he probably wouldn't know about the experimental aircraft Japan was making while he was alive (that's the thing about experimental weapons, they don't tend to be talked about until after they are out of the prototype phase and onto the production phase, you know, real hush hush type of sh*t).

of course the rest of the timeline is just as bad, but the fact that i can read the first paragraph of the summery and just be astonished at the stupidity of some of these plot holes (especially the nuclear power one)i don't even have to get into the fact that Japan had essentially NO chance of beating America at any stage of the war, from the get go the Japanese doubted America's capacity to wage war. yes back then we wanted to stay out of another world war, but that wasn't us being cowards, that was us not wanting to send our children to go fight another one of EUROPE'S wars for them (WW1), what the Japanese forgot is that Americans are a proud people and we would never let japan get away with attacking us directly (Hawaii and the Philippines) so no matter what the cost, America would have fought tooth and nail with the Japanese no matter how long the fighting lasted   

I have to disagree with you on two points. Japan did have a nuclear weapon program, but lack of funding, lack of focus on research and a lack of uranium to enrich, caused the program to falter. North Korea later developed it's nuclear program from uranium in an area that Japan controlled during WWII, so the lack of uranium could have been solved.

http://www.atomicheritage.org/history/japanese-atomic-bomb-project

Based on the history of Adm Yamamoto, where he was highly interested in airplanes and involved in the development of the IJN air power before the war. So I would have no problem with him having knowledge of IJN experimental aircraft in development before he was killed.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/people/history/japanese-history-biographies/isoroku-yamamoto

Sign in to follow this