Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GMCSJack

Noob's twenty q's

13 comments in this topic

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

OK I've been here about a week and have done around 100 battles ...I am at Level nine and have a tier three cruiser and tier three bb on the top of the heap ..

Seems repetitive to go up a tier and still have the lower tiered ship that will keep giving you the same ship .. Unless you want a lot of ships to increase your overall scores .. Selling the lower tier is a waste as you get nothing for it in a sale and have lost the experience as well .. What is the consensus ? Keep or sell ?

Also I notice some team members names are in red , is this a special achievement ? And others have the letter A in what is best described as a white shield next to the name , it is ??

Everyone is different and I seem to be doing best with the Brits and Germans ...

Only issue is occasionally I get a frozen or locked screen , twice I have come into battle just in time to be sunk , and had one of my team mates today cuss me out just as I got sunk , for not helping , after stating I had been frozen , it's just a game whoever you are ..

Members
381 posts
25 battles

Seems repetitive to go up a tier

Some ship line give very tangible upgrade when go up tiers. IJN CL and CV is what i think of right now. after tier 4, you will get 2 tier higher matchmaking which increase the variety. (And make it harder.)

Selling the lower tier is a waste as you get nothing for it in a sale and have lost the experience as well

You get money, which gonna be hard to get the more you go up. You keep the exp, in case you buy and play the ship again.

some team members names are in red

If you mean pink, they deal too much team damage, mostly deal a kill.

Letter A, B are for people in the same division.

come into battle just in time to be sunk

Many people have difference opinion about this. Some people absolute serious for AFK, some say its fine if it's not too much. You just run into the first group.

Welcome to the game and the forum.

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

Are you selling off your captains with their ships?

the one or two I sold were early on before I got a captain , and got like 3000 for them..

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

so in keeping experience , you mean if I sell a ship and it has say 500exp , if I put it back in the game it comes back with the 500exp ??

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

Once I fill all my slots , is there a way to get slots without BUYING dubloons , except for selling a ship

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

the one or two I sold were early on before I got a captain , and got like 3000 for them..

You get half of the price back when you sell. Prices go up considerably as you get to higher tiers, so selling a high tier ship can give you 10 mil +

so in keeping experience , you mean if I sell a ship and it has say 500exp , if I put it back in the game it comes back with the 500exp ??

Yes.

Once I fill all my slots , is there a way to get slots without BUYING dubloons , except for selling a ship

You can also get port slots from containers (rarely) or from missions and events.

[TBCIC]
Members
648 posts
9,057 battles

Ahoy, Guns ... It is entirely up to you what you want to keep or sell - myself I occasionally sell for credits towards the next in tier.  Also I believe that red is actually pink; a distinction that is more of a stigma than an achievement.  And in terms of freeze-ups this is a relative thread of exchange regarding that. Welcome aboard, and good luck.

Members
182 posts
13,699 battles

I started from the bottom as well and only had the starter set of slots. Once you get to campaign there are a few slots available but the real bonanza may be passing with the end of the ARP missions. I managed to go a long ways and I think I've only ever bought one or two slots actually. The trick for me was to plan where I wanted to go. Choose maybe two lines you enjoy playing or have a "goal ship" in and set aside 2-3 slots for those. You'll generally sell ships as you upgrad but having a few slots set aside let's you keep ships you like. That leaves a few slots for random fun ships you want to try or new lines.

Be sure to send your commander to reserve before you sell or you'll lose out on their experience! Unfortunately retraining is one of the ways they try to get you to pay so it is a bit tedious, but not so bad as starting front scratch! You should get a small amount of credits when you sell an old ship though the experience won't roll over. Sometimes the stock hull of the new ship is worse.....sometimes much worse than the one you sold (looking at you, Amagi), but once you unlock the upgrades you'll appreciate the new ship more.

Regarding the red names, if you're seeing them in chat it is an enemy player messaging all. Pink is for players earning back good standing for team killing or excessive team damage! Keep an eye on them but they usually aren't trouble.

Good luck out there! There are some really great ships in the trees, you never know which ones you'll fall in love with! Last advice; don't spend too much on free xp to move up faster. All that xp grinding is really good practice. I never feel like I've totally mastered a ship until I get about to the next one anyway, to be honest! Have fun!

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

Ahoy, Guns ... It is entirely up to you what you want to keep or sell - myself I occasionally sell for credits towards the next in tier.  Also I believe that red is actually pink; a distinction that is more of a stigma than an achievement.  And in terms of freeze-ups this is a relative thread of exchange regarding that. Welcome aboard, and good luck.

yeah it is pink ,

[NAVET]
Members
119 posts
3,932 battles

I started from the bottom as well and only had the starter set of slots. Once you get to campaign there are a few slots available but the real bonanza may be passing with the end of the ARP missions. I managed to go a long ways and I think I've only ever bought one or two slots actually. The trick for me was to plan where I wanted to go. Choose maybe two lines you enjoy playing or have a "goal ship" in and set aside 2-3 slots for those. You'll generally sell ships as you upgrad but having a few slots set aside let's you keep ships you like. That leaves a few slots for random fun ships you want to try or new lines.

Be sure to send your commander to reserve before you sell or you'll lose out on their experience! Unfortunately retraining is one of the ways they try to get you to pay so it is a bit tedious, but not so bad as starting front scratch! You should get a small amount of credits when you sell an old ship though the experience won't roll over. Sometimes the stock hull of the new ship is worse.....sometimes much worse than the one you sold (looking at you, Amagi), but once you unlock the upgrades you'll appreciate the new ship more.

Regarding the red names, if you're seeing them in chat it is an enemy player messaging all. Pink is for players earning back good standing for team killing or excessive team damage! Keep an eye on them but they usually aren't trouble.

Good luck out there! There are some really great ships in the trees, you never know which ones you'll fall in love with! Last advice; don't spend too much on free xp to move up faster. All that xp grinding is really good practice. I never feel like I've totally mastered a ship until I get about to the next one anyway, to be honest! Have fun!

Yeah my thinking is what you are saying about favorite lines , I have done best with the Brits and Germans , cant seem to get off to any start with the others , really love Nassau and Kolberg ...Already have earned the campaign , but havent gone there to try it yet ....

Is it possible to move to the next tier without the hull upgrades in between ?

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Yeah my thinking is what you are saying about favorite lines , I have done best with the Brits and Germans , cant seem to get off to any start with the others , really love Nassau and Kolberg ...Already have earned the campaign , but havent gone there to try it yet ....

Is it possible to move to the next tier without the hull upgrades in between ?

You need to research all items that lead up to the next ship. 

518450087.jpg

Using this picture as an example, you must research the B hull because it leads directly to the next ship. (As illustrated by the arrows) You do not need to research the new torpedoes. 

Sign in to follow this