Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

How to handle false reporter

13 comments in this topic

[C-I-B]
Alpha Tester
260 posts
2,996 battles

The karma system in game means nothing right now so just ignore it. Sorry that happened to you though.

Edited by fredbob99705

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

So, I had someone report me for telling others to report him for TKing someone. :sceptic: How should I handle that? Send a support ticket?

1. Report TK using support ticket with replay and time-stamp.

2. Check said player on WST.

3. Keep checking said player.

4. Laugh maniacally when said player's daily games drop to zero.

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Members
589 posts
14,703 battles

Sometimes people use reporting for legitimate offenses like tk'ing and playing CVs; sometimes it's just because they're a troll. Ignore it, unless karma starts meaning something.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

Wish I knew what if anything, was done about the troll I send in a ticket on for TKing himself by trying to TK me when he was already pink and was dumb enough to admit in the chat that he was a deliberate repeat offender.

Alpha Tester
874 posts
5,544 battles
1st off ignore them...WG isn't likely to take any action against you without proof of wrong doing on your part.  But make sure replays are enabled so if something does happen you have proof to the contrary.

Members
304 posts
4,008 battles

Ignore is the best. If you're an honest and team-oriented player, your positive karma will outweigh negative by a mile.

Members
1,819 posts

Ignore is the best. If you're an honest and team-oriented player, your positive karma will outweigh negative by a mile.

Isnt Karma almost always neutral, because it seems like as long as you dont get into fights, other players pretty much ignore you.

Members
304 posts
4,008 battles

Isnt Karma almost always neutral, because it seems like as long as you dont get into fights, other players pretty much ignore you.

Sure, most people ignore the positive-outlook players -- but not everyone. My present karma is 142, and I'm sure there are plenty of players with much higher scores.

I call out team mates for being over-the-top cowardly, so I'm sure I get the occasional bogus report.  But I also regularly congratulate good play, cheer on the team, and take on the dirtiest jobs. People compliment you for that now and again, and it eventually adds up. You don't get anything tangible for high karma, but it gives you a sense that that the community isn't actually the river of salt-and-tears it can sometimes seem.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

:great:   You were asking for trouble when you asked people to report. 

My thoughts exactly.. just do your report ..they dont know we're it came from .. and move on

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

I very seldom give someone a negative report.  It must really be egregious; intentional team kill.  I give lots of good reports.  So from the perspective of people getting good Karma from me, the ratio is probably close to 100 (good) to 1 (bad).  I try to remember when a player does something exceptionally well.  Placing a good smoke screen.  Executing good tactics in general.  Or just playing really well.

Life is so much easier if we all realize that crap happens.  People make mistakes.  Not everyone is as "gifted" as others.  Yeah, some folks are just there to ruin the fun for others.  But the large majority of folks mean well, even if their execution is poor.  Focus on the good stuff...reward appropriately.  Ignore the bad things...only reprimand (bad report) if the foul is obviously intentional.

One learns quickly that there are a lot more folk out there worth rewarding than there are folk worth reporting.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this