You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fuyukaze

What makes you as a player spend on the game?

50 comments in this topic

Members
573 posts
1,465 battles

Just a random thought that struck my mind earlier on when i was thinking about buying a new ship.

As i see myself as a player that tries to avoid overspending on games but wouldn't hesitate to spend a little every once in a while if there's something that catches my interest or to give my support to the game's company.

What about you guys? :)

[SALVO]
Members
16,506 posts
10,225 battles

Loyalty, gratitude. These guys had been entertaining me for free for about 4 years now. Whenever I have a little money to spend in games (which is very rare and far between) I prefer to give it to these guys.

• Cool 3

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Just a random thought that struck my mind earlier on when i was thinking about buying a new ship.

As i see myself as a player that tries to avoid overspending on games but wouldn't hesitate to spend a little every once in a while if there's something that catches my interest or to give my support to the game's company.

What about you guys? :)

It depends on how much are we talking about?    $30 a month - $300 month?

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I spend money purely on fun-factor, performance and time savings.

If I could buy 500 dragon flags, I would buy 500 dragon flags. Because, they save time.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
309 posts
1,738 battles

Atm, nothing. Firstly, because I cant afford it, and secondly (the main reason actually) I have 35000 gold sitting on my WoT account, and With that much gold alreasy I see no reason to buy any more, even for ships.

Im hoping that eventually they will make the gold shared between the games, like prem accounts are.

[TBCIC]
Members
648 posts
9,057 battles

I purchased the premium USN V Texas BB several months back with a rebate card from a vendor, and the premium KM II Emden CA IIRC was earned. While I too am frugal with regard to spending $$$ I don't usually purchase prem boats.  However, I do purchase premium play regularly (currently on prem) and I feel that WG does very well in keeping their boat afloat with the revenue/profits(?) earned.  I figure that my contribution to an exceptional free-to-play (but to pay if dopamine levels rise) online game is worthy.  In terms of possibly purchasing another ... I'll wait to see if Santa gives me a hefty dividend check this Christmas as I am inclined to go for either the Warspite or Tripitz BBs ... or even The Mighty Mo'.

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
46,968 battles

Lately I am purchasing doubloons to move captains around and occasionally modify skills. I have 6 premium ships and do by them now and then.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

If it's a historical ship I've read about chances are I'll buy her to quell the history nerd in me.  I figure I've cut out buying most console games, so what I would normally spend on those, drop on warships from time to time and it evens out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

I spend money purely on fun-factor, performance and time savings.

If I could buy 500 dragon flags, I would buy 500 dragon flags. Because, they save time.

You betcha! I'd be all on those flags given my very limited playing time.... 

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

It depends. I'm not a big spender, in fact I've only ever made two purchases in a F2P(both here).

I would never spend on Premium time, I simply don't play enough to justify such an expenditure. I wouldn't buy gold either, because there's little I think is with getting gold for, save maybe more port slots. Otherwise... The only things I do that would require gold are also available through credits. If I can get it through credits, then that's how I'm getting it.

So, basically, the o my stuff I would spend on is ships. I've bought Dunkerque, as she was cheap ($25) and looked fun as well, I simply feel in love with the gameplay I saw possible in her.

My second is Indianapolis, which has a few reasons, but enough to justify it in my book.

I must admit, I've considered Graf Spee, but that might be to much considering how recently I got Indy... I'll have to see what price she gets...

Members
836 posts
5,480 battles

Bought some doubloons to make grind to Bismarck faster, because i'm a total Bismarck fanboy. :)

Also bought Premium camos for Bismarck, and the Hipper, because I really like them, and have definatly gotten my moneys worth out of them.

As much as I love the German ships, I have not bought any of the Premiums so far, since I have all the tech tree counterparts, and they are expensive at tier 7-8. I do intend to buy the Graf because of it's history, its lower price (hopefully), and it should be a in interesting and fun ship to play. It will be my first premium ship, i'm very excited! :great:

[CUTIE]
Members
277 posts
7,035 battles

I personally haven't spent money on WoWS yet, but in other WG titles I spent once my coffers started to look like the Weimar Republic circa 1923. Plus crew training is an added bonus as well.

[WOLF5]
Members
864 posts
10,442 battles

I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of WG since 2010. I only spend real money on tanks and ships when they have a special and even then it's only once or twice a year.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Well, after grinding out three Tier Xs in World of Tanks over the course of five years or so, I decided to play premiums exclusively in WoWs. WG made that much easy with the way that you had to buy your way into the closed beta, and I've never really looked back. I mostly buy ships that I think are interesting, or that will provide a new style of gameplay. 

Beta Testers
801 posts
4,296 battles

Love the game and it's a way to support it. Funny thing is I spent more during the closed beta tests than since the game has been released! But since they reset our accounts for open beta, I got to spend it all another time! :D

[AR]
Members
364 posts
20,932 battles

The fact that you don't spend much. It's also great reading in game chat messages attacking those that actually spent money on a ship. We all know from experience that these attacks, while not explicitly stated, fall under the "you have no life for spending money on a ship" argument. I like to point out that a ship, at least the ones I have purchased  cost $25 or less. And 30 days worth of premium time for just $12. Whereas the game itself is free.

By comparison, people pay about $250 or so for a console and another $60 per games upon the games release. WoWS is a great way to have gaming fun, while not spending so much money. Also, going to WG events and getting an Autograph from Dash Perova in person is always awesome

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,156 battles

I am new to WoWS, but have been playing tanks on XBOX and PC for a few years.  I have disposable income to spend on premium time (I always run with premium bought on the one year specials) and typically at least one premium vehicle in each major tech tree branch that I play.  I don't think these purchases are pay to win whatsoever, but rather pay to progress.  The worst part of the game to me is having to spend a ton of time grinding crews/commanders and free xp to get out of stock vehicles.  Premium tanks and ships help a lot with that, as the devs and marketers know!

It always amuses me how some people bash those who spend money on these games.  They think that it's like Firefox or something and they will just continue to go on with the support of community goodwill or random donations?  WG is a business and I don't mind paying some real money for the amount of entertainment that I have received from both the games themselves and the sites and forums that arise from them...

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

WG is gonna lost out on some Christmas cash now that the Spee won't be available for purchase in the Prem shop. But it's only temporary for them. You can bet it will be there eventually. :)

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Fair monetization. Honest messaging.

I refuse to give WG money on principle due to the blatant greed in their monetization mechanics, and the fact that they can't seem to properly communicate with their playerbase (the second being far less important).

• Cool 1

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

I spend money on a game when I somewhat enjoy the game and if the item im buying offers sufficient combat power or looks really good. 

Like this Alabama, and its above the waterline citadel?  Yeah, that would be one huge hit against me wanting to spend 40 bucks on it.  Its not that combat effective and a little to easy to destroy when the biggest weakpoint on it is so large. 

But like the Arizona?  Its overall combat effectiveness is quite good. 

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

Primarily, time saving.

The things I purchase are premium time, and dubs for captian retraining and respecing. I buy weekend passes when I know I am going to have time to get some games in becase I get the premium and dubloons to mess with my captians.

Secondly on ships I like when they go on sale with premium bundles.

Beta Testers
803 posts
5,058 battles

Atm, nothing. Firstly, because I cant afford it, and secondly (the main reason actually) I have 35000 gold sitting on my WoT account, and With that much gold alreasy I see no reason to buy any more, even for ships.

Im hoping that eventually they will make the gold shared between the games, like prem accounts are.

I just read on todays Q/A that....

18. They are working on a service to transfer gold into doubloons for the near future. However, if you currently have at least 5000 gold in tanks or planes, you can ask the support to transfer it manually. The 5000 gold minimum may be reduced in the future when the number of requests abates.

Just ask support to transfer it.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,632 battles

I spend because I love WW2 history, especially the naval battles. Being able to take command of the ships I read about and saw in documentaries since I was a kid is very satisfying and enjoyable. You can be the captain of the legendary Mikasa, prowl the oceans in the Scharnhorst and Admiral Graf Spee, fire the 18" guns of the fearsome Yamato. That is cool. 

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

The value of my time makes me spend money. I was reminded of its value after playing 60+ games grinding through the wretchedly bad Omaha to get to the Cleveland.

I now have a year's worth of Premium Account and buy signals weekly.

In addition now that I am acquiring T6 and T7 ships I pay the 500 doubloons for instant captain training.

Life's too short. I have probably spent about $200 on WOWs since early August.

However I doubt that I'll be buying anymore Premium ships after selling my three lower tier ones.  (Maybe if the Tirpitz and Scharnhorst drop down below $40?)

:coin: