Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nazran

They're going to nerf the Bismarck, right?

25 comments in this topic

[PPNA2]
Alpha Tester
95 posts
14,447 battles

I feel it in my bones... they are going to nerf the Bismarck now that I have her and finding out she is a blast to play... tell me they won't nerf her. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,677 battles

They won't nerf him.

*I don't know if this is true or not, I'm just telling you what you want to hear.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

They need to, but afaik there are no indications they will. They seem content with power creep.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Actually he (the Bismarck) is a strong ship but it isn't as if there are no counters to that strength... otherwise, everyone would be driving it. And I mean everybody. 

Members
278 posts
3,457 battles

It needs to be nerfed, just watch ranked battles, nobody plays anything expect Bismark, it is absurd how good the secondaries on it are, a ship shouldn't do more damage with secondaries than most do with main battery. 

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Didn't they say the Hydro was something they would be looking at?  Other than that though haven't heard much

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

Don't even fantasize about nerfing Bismarck.. HERETIC!! BLASPHEMER!! No! just No!..... :izmena:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

It needs to be nerfed, just watch ranked battles, nobody plays anything expect Bismark, it is absurd how good the secondaries on it are, a ship shouldn't do more damage with secondaries than most do with main battery. 

Yes they should. All forms of combat should be explored in WoWS with ships.

~Hunter

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Yes they should. All forms of combat should be explored in WoWS with ships.

~Hunter

Ranked season 12.  Only available to those who sail the Krasny Krym :trollface:

Members
712 posts
5,239 battles

Okay with that in mind yes. I heard about the bismarck absolutely running rampant in the past ranked season. Supposedly the hydro was a bit overpowered in ranked battles but good in random. As for the secondaries well it is a trade off, you have to put in a lot of captain skills in for it as well as the upgrades to bring out the full potential of that fully operational death star.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

If they removed the Hydro, I wouldn't be super upset. I mean, I would hate it, but I would understand. Having to get to the FdG in order to get the Hydro might nudge people up the line. 

But don't you touch my secondaries, dammit. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

The nerf (singular) mentioned was hydro. You don't need hydro in a tank, right? You got ships on your team with hydro and radar. You got planes. You'll be fine. 

Monkey with the secondaries and they'll be such an outcry from players across all servers to the likes of which you've never heard. Or so I think... as that plus their armor is what makes them "unique". Or so it seems. 

Besides - the better players (not me, I'm about midpoint) could beat you with a log of frogs. 

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

The only thing mentioned was that WG thought Bismarck was a touch strong in Ranked, but explicitly not in Random, battles, and the only thing likely to be done was a "soft" nerf on Hydro (probably reducing range a bit) as a "maybe possibly one day perhaps".

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

the hydro in Bismarck is pretty strong for cap bullying and making DD life miserable in general.    i can avoid almost all torps with it.    it is my strongest BB in t8 for me and my dmg stat is going up still.     almost 6km range is pretty OP for sure.    

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I can kinda agree with the Hydro, but at the same time I'd be very sad about it, mainly because it's nice to finally have a Battleship I can bully destroyers with and give them a taste of their own medicine as long as I play properly.  Granted, that in of itself might be a sign that it's broken given the whole "rock paper scissors" thing that the ship classes are supposed to represent.  Guess moments like this will be a fond memory next ranked battles lol

Beta Testers
1,156 posts

The Bismarck is monstrously OP.  

I can see the appeal of making it so, as a draw for players because it's the BISMARCK...  But they really do need to tone the ship down.  It's just incredibly good at EVERYTHING.

WILL they, though?  I'm thinking not.  they seem quite content with powercreeping all the older ships out of existence.

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

It's not good at *everything*, it's good at bullying smaller ships, brawling and being able to better avoid torpedoes than other tier 8 BB's. If it tries to fight anything equal sized at medium to long ranges its going to lose, and doesn't have the "oomf" against bigger ships at close range that Tirpitz brings with her torps. She's good, she has her place, but she's not great at *everything* by any means.

[BAWK]
Members
154 posts
10,625 battles

I double-citted an Amagi for the kill at 19km once. ... once.... (I had to sacrifice 2 goats and my stuffed unicorn to RNGesus to get that gift.)
That about does it for long range murder using my Bismark. She's a monster up close and personal, but can be totally powned by CAs on the larger maps where you can't close range under cover.

Bismarks ruled the roost in Ranked because those are mostly small maps with good cover;  ideal stomping grounds for a close-in brawler with good area denial.

I agree that the hydro is a bit OP on a T8 BB (would be happy if I could keep it though!) because it solves a frequent in-game issue, that being that a lot of the CAs play their own game and don't team up with the BBs. This works fine in Random but in Ranked, where teams *usually* do work together, it kind of puts the ninja DDs in a nut-vice.

In the FDG and GF the hydro is more balanced because you are way too close to a DD at 6km in those dump truck handling barges even if you can pop them from their smoke.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

If Bismarck had only 4 or 5km hydro AND only 8 to 8.5 km secondaries, I'd STILL play it.  Its a range overpowered ness.  not the damage or the armor.

and steering is still not good. 

Who else would?

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

I would be greatly disappointed with Bismarck if her secondaries got nerfed, particularly when I already also own a Tirpitz. A ~1.5-2km secondary range advantage and nerfed hydro is not worth it over the torps of the Tirpitz at that point.

Sign in to follow this