Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Can I has a permanent camo for Colorado?

23 comments in this topic

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I'd rather them redo the C Hull and make it West Viriginia

More likely to be a premium than a top hull, but I wouldn't say no to either—might be an incentive to someday buy back the Colorado. And yes, she and Nagato need permenant camouflages.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Why on earth would you spend money on the Colorado? Just get to the North Carolina and use it on that one. 

Edited by Rounne
  • Cool 1

Members
652 posts
13,807 battles

Why on earth would you spend money on the Colorado? Just get to the North Carolina and use it on that one. 

Because maybe people don't have the same preferences as you. Imagine that. He likes the Colorado so let it be.
  • Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I'll be getting the NC either today or tomorrow, and will play the hell out of it, if I like it, as I do with every other fun BB.

Colorado is a keeper for me, and will keep being played regardless.   I'd love for it to have a cool permacamo, like Yorck, NY, and others.   Then I could save my good camos for my top tier ships.

MrEndeavor- Haters will never pass up an opportunity to crap on something they personally don't like- it's what they do...

Count me in for a West Virginia top hull or premium, too!

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

I'll be getting the NC either today or tomorrow, and will play the hell out of it, if I like it, as I do with every other fun BB.

Colorado is a keeper for me, and will keep being played regardless.   I'd love for it to have a cool permacamo, like Yorck, NY, and others.   Then I could save my good camos for my top tier ships.

MrEndeavor- Haters will never pass up an opportunity to crap on something they personally don't like- it's what they do...

Count me in for a West Virginia top hull or premium, too!

I'm not a hater. It just makes no sense to me to put permanent cammo on what is considered one of the worst BB's in the American line. Tier 7 in general has the worst bb's for every tech tree, Japan, US, and German as well. This is the reason there are no permanent cammos yet for any of these tier 7 bb's, because they are considered far inferior to the tier 8 ones. I'm not a hater. But like the developers, I see no reason to even add it to the game. You must be the only person who would prefer to play the Colorado over the North Carolina or the Gnies over the Bismark. But hey, whatever floats your boat right. So, I'll just use my Tirpitz to sink your Colorado, have fun with that.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

I rebought the Colorado and have been enjoying her now that Tier 7 is the new Tier 6.

I never really liked the North Carolina.  I hate the bow-camping meta.

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,562 battles

So, I'll just use my Tirpitz to sink your Colorado, have fun with that.

Unpossible, Tier 7 never gets uptiered :trollface:

Members
147 posts
5,738 battles

I'm not a hater. It just makes no sense to me to put permanent cammo on what is considered one of the worst BB's in the American line. Tier 7 in general has the worst bb's for every tech tree, Japan, US, and German as well. This is the reason there are no permanent cammos yet for any of these tier 7 bb's, because they are considered far inferior to the tier 8 ones. I'm not a hater. But like the developers, I see no reason to even add it to the game. You must be the only person who would prefer to play the Colorado over the North Carolina or the Gnies over the Bismark. But hey, whatever floats your boat right. So, I'll just use my Tirpitz to sink your Colorado, have fun with that.

well you wrong in this statement. The Gnies has a perm camo. So there is at least one BB. I myself enjoyed the Gnies and the CO. Sometimes I like playing lower tier games for credit farming. The Fiji also has a permanent camo. So does the Kiev. So why can't other t7s? Btw, a tirpitz vs a CO player that know what they are doing can easily get decimated. All that armor on the Tirpitz just nom noms that AP of those 16" guns. 

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

well you wrong in this statement. The Gnies has a perm camo. So there is at least one BB. I myself enjoyed the Gnies and the CO. Sometimes I like playing lower tier games for credit farming. The Fiji also has a permanent camo. So does the Kiev. So why can't other t7s? Btw, a tirpitz vs a CO player that know what they are doing can easily get decimated. All that armor on the Tirpitz just nom noms that AP of those 16" guns. 

The best performing non premiums at tier 7 have permanent cammo yes. The worst performing tier 7 tech tree ships do not. And you fault WOWS for this? The Kiev have been knocked out of first place by the new Japanese tier 7 DD. But before that, it was the best performing. So, you can be like Saddam Hussein and gold plate a toilet if you want, but not me. 

Members
147 posts
5,738 battles

Just to follow up to this also, the bold line from your quote can be interpreted that by your logic of one tier being superior to the other than no ships beside 10 should have premium camos. 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Because maybe people don't have the same preferences as you. Imagine that. He likes the Colorado so let it be.

Rounne thinks that if he sees it a certain way, then by default, so do the rest of us. Remember, this is the self proclaimed "voice of the silent majority" you're talking about, here.

[SOSL]
Members
147 posts
7,641 battles

Mahan, Ranger, and Pensacola all have permanent camo already, so thinking forum community appraisals of ship worth influence that decision is a fallacy to start with.

Personally I'd like to see perma-camo across the whole line, but then I'm a collector.

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,562 battles

Wait, Pensacola has a perm camo, but not Colorado????  Whose idea of a sick joke was this?

[SOSL]
Members
147 posts
7,641 battles

Wait, Pensacola has a perm camo, but not Colorado????  Whose idea of a sick joke was this?

Steve's.

He doesn't have a very good sense of humor.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Although I doubt I would pay Doubloons for a perma CO camo, I almost always purchase the 8000 Silver camo as I believe that little extra detection buff pays for itself.

As for moving on to the NC, I've done that...and on to the Montana.  But I like the full breadth of the game.  I play all tiers except T1.  Mostly the mid tiers.  But a good bit of high tiers and an occasional low tier. The CO is the high end of the mid tiers, and I take that out a good bit.  I like its variety being the first USN line with 16 inches, but only eight guns.  Vice the 14/12 at T5/T6.  It's a different style of play having fewer, but heavier, cannons.   

Members
1 post

I'm with Fletcher7_1944 on this one.  Among all of the non-premium tier 6, tier 7, tier 8, and tier 9 ships I own (Farragut, Cleveland, Budyonny, Graf Spee, Leander, Fuso, Bayern, New Mexico, Mahan, Fiji, Gneisenau, Colorado, New Orleans, Edinburgh, North Carolina, Bismarck, and Friedrich der Große), only the Colorado does NOT have a permanent camouflage available, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to that.  I happen to like playing the Colorado, and plan to use it extensively in the upcoming ranked battles season; I just wish I could put a permanent camouflage on it. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I don't plan on keeping the CO, and frankly it would take more than just a camo to make me keep her. Everything she can do, Nagato can do better and don't get me started on Gniesneau or Scharnhorst.

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

Why would you ever put cam on a Colorado. I don't care what your opinion on the ship is, it sucks.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,900 battles

To me the 'quality' of a ship seems meaningless, WG should do permanent camouflages based on demand (we want them to maximize revenue on things which don't matter too much to most) and cool historical looks.

The Colorado is the most played ship at T7 over the lifetime of the game. It's been eclipsed more recently on NA by the German Gneisenau, but I don't think that's forever. People are still working through. Even so in the last 2 weeks Colorado gets 55,000 games on the NA server which is far more than the Fiji or Pensacola do - both with permanent cammo. It's also vastly more games than the Schors oh and 5x the games of the Leberecht Maass both of which also have a permanent cammo. It's relatively popular on the EU and RU servers too, though we know RU isn't so spendy (so why the Schors permanent cammo....). The most extreme example would be the 46% WR, and second to least played non-Premium the Ranger.

Given that most people have worked through the USN line by now, just the stream of new arrivals coming in I'd still say that the Colorado is significantly in demand, and why not? It's also got a significant combat record, people on NA may well have relatives who served on her. If the unpopular and unbuilt Schors can get a permanent cammo then Colorado surely should. If the rubbish and unpopular Ranger can then moreso.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,530 battles

It hardly matters why someone would want perm camo for a ship others dislike. Heck the grind from CO to NC is pretty steep and camo really helps. There is no reason not to have permanent camo patterns for all ships in the game, I love my St Louis and still play her and would like a nice camouflage for her. Of all the lost money making opportunities for WG with the least amount of work, selling patterns for all ships seems a no brainer.

Sign in to follow this