You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

640 comments in this topic

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

I was a bit confused from the news post, do we need to Div up to earn some of these or is this the same as the contest from earlier this year?

Edited by TheStarSlayer

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I was a bit confused from the news post, do we need to Div up to earn some of these or is this the same as the contest from earlier this year?

They have said that some of the rewards will require divisions. Not sure how many of them require it though.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Good Start sounds like First Blood

Maybe, or it could simply be hitting the battle button

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

"Good Start" is what the announcer says when you get First Blood, so it could be that. Alternatively, it may be like Queue Jumper from the last secret achievement event and simply be a game post-patch.

"Feelin' Good" sounds like it might be karma-related. Only other guess I have now is earning 1 million credits since that's the prize.

"Tin Can" is a nickname for destroyers, and the icon shows a can of fish. Possibly torpedo hits?

"Race to the Bottom" could be the First Blood achievement if "Good Start" isn't it.

"Aiming?" is probably main armament hits.

"An Epic Journey" sounds like covering a certain distance, since all the rewards help move faster.

"Break the Bank" looks to be earning certain number of credits (guessing 2,017,000? :aqua:)

"Hoarder", given the rewards, is probably completing all of them like you guessed.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Mostly posting to keep up with this thread, hope it'll be as successful as Pelican's was during the last similar event. :great:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
108 posts
4,770 battles

seems similar to some event a while ago, forgot what it was called.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

"Good Start" is what the announcer says when you get First Blood, so it could be that. Alternatively, it may be like Queue Jumper from the last secret achievement event and simply be a game post-patch.

"Feelin' Good" sounds like it might be karma-related. Only other guess I have now is earning 1 million credits since that's the prize.

"Tin Can" is a nickname for destroyers, and the icon shows a can of fish. Possibly torpedo hits?

"Race to the Bottom" could be the First Blood achievement if "Good Start" isn't it.

"Aiming?" is probably main armament hits.

"An Epic Journey" sounds like covering a certain distance, since all the rewards help move faster.

"Break the Bank" looks to be earning certain number of credits (guessing 2,017,000? :aqua:)

"Hoarder", given the rewards, is probably completing all of them like you guessed.

These do sound like plausible guesses.
  • Cool 1

Members
147 posts
5,738 battles

Good Start - press the W key at least twice in one battle 

Race to the Bottom - Sink and enemy before he sinks you 

Aiming to much effort - hit torps on Aim assist, or miss X shots 

Epic Journey - Cross midline of map 

Break the Bank - Buy a ship

Credit for this goes to Hynek_The_Tanner from the reddit post. 

I don't think Epic Journey is just crossing the middle of the map though. Travel X KM sounds better. 

Members
1,819 posts

Maybe, or it could simply be hitting the battle button

There is no first blood or devastating strike in coop and all these are available in coop.

Huh..

Members
564 posts
670 battles

Good Start - press the W key at least twice in one battle 

Race to the Bottom - Sink and enemy before he sinks you 

Aiming to much effort - hit torps on Aim assist, or miss X shots 

Epic Journey - Cross midline of map 

Break the Bank - Buy a ship

Credit for this goes to Hynek_The_Tanner from the reddit post. 

I don't think Epic Journey is just crossing the middle of the map though. Travel X KM sounds better. 

:great:

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Guesses:

• Good Start - get first blood
    • Your captain says "We're off to a good start" when you get a first blood.
  • Feelin' good - give someone a detonation? Devastating strike?
    • The icon is clearly inspired by a meme, and detonations have become a World of Warships meme.
  • Tin Can - play a destroyer?
    • Destroyers are sometimes nicknamed "tin cans" and torpedoes are sometimes nicknamed "fish".
  • Race to the Bottom - be the first to sink.
  • Aiming? Too Much Effort! - hit an enemy ship without spotting them, hit an enemy ship while not locked onto them.
  • An Epic Journey - capture points, travel a certain distance.
  • Break the Bank - earn a certain amount of credits.

Members
1,819 posts

here is the relevant quote that is confusing me.

In this event, you fight for medals! Just like regular achievements, you get these medals for pulling off certain feats in a Random or Co-Op battle. What feats, you ask? You'll have to find out! The names might give you a hint.

There are no first blood, or devastating strike or regular achievements in coop, which means they are most like progressive ones like land so many gun strikes, or torpedo hits. Or in the case of tin can, sink 10 destroyers or something.

Edited by Kconvey_1

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,531 battles

Is this how we can get the Graf Spee? Hmmm. It is a "different way" of unlocking it.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Please use this thread mainly for reports and not guessing :P - and yes, there is a fine line between deduction and guessing. 

I don't want it to be too cluttered with guesses that I may actually mistake them for reports.

• Cool 1

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Is this how we can get the Graf Spee? Hmmm. It is a "different way" of unlocking it.

Made my case last week by suspecting that you get her by finishing both new campaigns that come with 5.16