Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Mutsu

Super Containers

26 comments in this topic

[-HOJ-]
Members
94 posts
7,540 battles

Are super Containers still a thing ? Cause like yeah , i have only had 3 and that was like in the first week. I was like " Hey , Don't go for supers for a while and you may get one." over 3 weeks later , and god knows how many containers and nothing.. Not even 250 fire shell flags v.v 

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

I got one yesterday that had 10 million gold in it.

One presumes that you mean "silver" here (as in credits rather than doubloons).  10 million gold doubloons would cost about $40,000.:)

Members
5,450 posts
21,068 battles

I have opened 168 Try You Luck containers. I've received 6 Super Containers they were; 250 speed flags [22/10/16], 250 anti det flags [25/10/16], 50k free xp [1/11/16], 250 India X-Ray flags [1/12/16], 50 Ocean Soul camos [16/12/16], Anshan + 10 point captain [18/12/16]. I've also won 2 free port slots from TYL.

I know seeing 5 flags pop out of the crate every time gets old and can be a downer but don't give up yet. RNG can be a terrible mistress but sometimes she comes through. 

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

One presumes that you mean "silver" here (as in credits rather than doubloons).  10 million gold doubloons would cost about $40,000.:)

That was first reaction also!!

Members
18 posts
1,082 battles

Went through a long dry spell on super containers selecting try your luck.  Hit a supercontainer this past weekend with 100 dragon flags in it.  Made me smile.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,481 battles

They are there. Just have to hit the odds. I changed long ago to looking for them once every 6 containers (i.e. every other day). All the other times I use Signals containers which are reliable, plenty good for me, and often times they bring 500 Free XP which helps in the quest for Missouri. No complaints.

Edited by alexf24

Beta Testers
105 posts
5,508 battles

Super Containers are a myth.  WG provides the illusion of their existence by seeding propaganda on the forums through player experience.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,380 posts
14,211 battles

Look, supercontainers are SUPPOSED to be rare. When you open any container is has a 5% chance of being super, and with TYL its 10%. But the point is, they're rare for a reason. If they were as common as everyone WANTS them to be, then you'd drown in signals and new ships and before long you'd have more stuff then you know what to do with; with probably at least 80% of it just sitting there collecting dust. Complain about it all you want, nothing will change. Nothing EVER has changed to begin with. No "secret SC chance nerf," nothing

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,685 battles

Look, supercontainers are SUPPOSED to be rare. When you open any container is has a 5% chance of being super, and with TYL its 10%. But the point is, they're rare for a reason.

I have no idea where you got those numbers.  I think it is more like 1% and 2%.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

I got one last Saturday with 3k doubloons in it and one with 5M credits about two weeks before that. In total I've been lucky to get 5 SCs out of 153 containers opened. I'm probably due for a dry spell now given my drop rate is above the norm.

Members
319 posts
5,590 battles

I wonder if RNG is related to Jobu........I have resisted the urge to go get a bucket of chicken as an offering for his blessing, but is has been sooooo long since I've seen one that I'm contemplating a small sacrifice in RNG name.......

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Based on a forum survey, you get about two-three super containers per one hundred "try your luck" containers, on average.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,380 posts
14,211 battles

I have no idea where you got those numbers.  I think it is more like 1% and 2%.

Ive done some poking around on the WoWS Wiki

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Ive done some poking around on the WoWS Wiki

Not seeing any mention of the actual supercontainer odds here.  Mind citing the source you're getting those numbers from?

[AN2AC]
[AN2AC]
Members
153 posts

I prefer the old mission setup over containers because I could choose to get free xp.  Not a fan of the containers.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,380 posts
14,211 battles

Not seeing any mention of the actual supercontainer odds here.  Mind citing the source you're getting those numbers from?

Hmmmm...looks like the actual odds were removed from the page. About 2 weeks ago when I looked it up the page read:

"Every container has a small chance of being a super container. A super container can have any of the following rewards:

-blah blah blah

-blah blah blah

-blah blah blah

The containers for more Credits, Signals, and Consumables each have a 5% chance to be a supercontainer. The 'Try You Luck' option gives you a 10% chance of collecting a supercontainer." 

idk who took it off, but thats what it said. Not word for word, it was two weeks ago. I shouldve taken a screenshot of it in retrospect......

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

I've gotten 3 in the last week rolling TYL.

1st had 250 premium damage control parties

2nd had 50,000 free exp

3rd had 50 Ocean Soul camos.

Not too shabby for just a button click that I didn't have to pay for.

Sign in to follow this