Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How are damage points allocated when teammates bump?

15 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

A few years ago I drove to the local hippie coop natural food store to get a turkey sandwich. There is nothing that I love more than a turkey, cheese, and pickle sandwich wrapped in artisan bread. (Mayo and heavy on the mustard too!) I take it back to my car in the coop's parking lot to eat it in peace. Suddenly I get bumped. It's an old-timer with a big car. He's scraped my rear bumper. Long story short, I got $500 from his insurer which I spent on other things. The scratch wasn't worth bothering with.

In WOWS when the same thing happens both parties share in the penalty.  At the start of battles I usually wait a minute to move because I tend to be too aggressive. Every now and then I get hit by a teammate as a result and then get part of the blame and penalty for it.

Really, WOWS?.

:amazed:

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Like your real life story, the scratch isn't worth bothering with, you can pay off the credits by doing literally anything that assists your team.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Like your real life story, the scratch isn't worth bothering with, you can pay off the credits by doing literally anything that assists your team.

Sometimes the bill is pretty significant.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Both layers pay a much larger bill than the other person receives in recompense. WG 'eats' the difference.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

The most I ever pay from collisions is around 100 credits... I don't see how you can stay stuck to a friendly ship that long? Is your ship equipped with Neodymium magnets or something?

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

The most I ever pay from collisions is around 100 credits... I don't see how you can stay stuck to a friendly ship that long? Is your ship equipped with Neodymium magnets or something?

The other day I'm in the Bayern turning right at slow speed trying to line up a shot at an enemy Omaha's broadside. Suddenly a teammate's BB crashes into me on the starboard side as he's trying to turn left.  He also ruined my chances of a killshot on the Omaha. Have you ever tried to quickly disengage two large ships pushing in opposite directions?

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

The other day I'm in the Bayern turning right at slow speed trying to line up a shot at an enemy Omaha's broadside. Suddenly a teammate's BB crashes into me on the starboard side as he's trying to turn left.  He also ruined my chances of a killshot on the Omaha. Have you ever tried to quickly disengage two large ships pushing in opposite directions?

Surely you could just slide past him though? Even if that takes a while, I still don't think it would really impact your bank account that much.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Unless you shoot someone, it's never significant....

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

so this kind of thing again, after a few days off????

I did want to make a comment, but cannot afford more warnings....

Just watch where you are going and you wont have to worry so much about a few dozen credits...

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Neodymium magnets are awfully hard to come by. You get those in a Super Container?

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

Neodymium magnets are awfully hard to come by. You get those in a Super Container?

rumor is that one in every 6 Super containers has ten Magnets....just a rumor though,,..Read it at "The Armored Patrol"....:trollface:

Sign in to follow this