You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soko99

Hatsuharu needs a Buff

18 comments in this topic

Members
325 posts
8,482 battles

So I am extremely disappointed with the changes to the IJN line.. But to say that they are [edited]useless now is almost an understatement.  2 sets of launchers, 2 sets of guns. 76s reload on the launcher, and like a 7s reload on the guns.  The only way to get any kills with this boat now, is if the enemy is completely [edited]clueless because anyone with a brain will dodge the torpedoes cause they're so slow and you can only spread so much, and as soon as you're detected, you're [edited] cause your guns are useless.  Even against other DDs the same tier.  like.. HE shot at another DD.. and 17hits deal 5k damage total.  (meanwhile.. the other DD deals 12k with 24 hits.)  Oh.. but I get torps. they're awesome right..Sure.. if you consider 3 torps that deal a total of 30k damage total awesome.  Oh.. aren't they supposed to be dealing 16k damage EACH??? 

WOG fix your stupid game

• Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i mostly ignore cries for buffs.

Hatsuharu and Minekaze are the only ones i'll agree with. these two definitely do need help after the recent changes. though i'd prefer if the help came with gun buffs, not torpedo buffs.

(i'd have thrown in the Karl, but the only way to buff the Karl is to take it out of the game).

Members
553 posts
8,586 battles

Hatsuharu fully upgraded performs well, and buffing her in full configuration would turn her into a monster like Minekaze pre-nerf. The only thing that should be buffed is stock Hatsuharu, as it is a Herculean task to try getting top 3 XP with her.

Beta Testers
903 posts
8,366 battles

Stock Hatsuharu is a pain, fully upgraded performs well enough.  The Mutsuki even fully upgraded is very underwhelming.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

If you look at the current 2 week stats for Hatsuharu...

4DRpkBe.png

...it's actually the top performing non-premium DD in win rate and damage.

The stats are quite likely to be inflated right now as all the good players are grinding up to Shiratsuyu and Akizuki (leaving Fubuki with all the potato IJN DD players apparently), but I think it shows rather nicely that in the hands of good players who know what they are doing, the ship is fine.

The main problem I think is that the ship is fine with fully upgraded torps. The problem I feel is with the stock Hatsuharu. 6km torps on a torpedo boat with higher detection range than that is obviously going to be a painful grind.

Imho what WG need to do is change the upgrade path on the Type8 Mod2 torps to upgrade from the Type8 Mod1 torps, and not have it branch off the B hull. It makes no sense why there needs to be a hull upgrade anyway. This would make it a lot easier to get out of the 6km torps, and it would offer a choice for players between a 5 gun Hatsuharu, and AA Hatsuharu. Imho that would make the grind much easier for people.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

The 6km IJN 610mm torps should not exist. Give them the slightly less crappy Shinonome 8km variant.

IJN DDs are and will continue to be crap. But realistically that's the buff that could happen.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

4DRpkBe.png

The stats are quite likely to be inflated right now as all the good players are grinding up to Shiratsuyu and Akizuki (leaving Fubuki with all the potato IJN DD players apparently), but I think it shows rather nicely that in the hands of good players who know what they are doing, the ship is fine.

This tells us nothing. Two weeks after the line got redid and good players went back to this t6. Let's check again in a couple months. What you point out is right. I play perfectly fine in the Hatsuharu so far. But it's a crap ship. Both can be true.
  • Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

This tells us nothing. Two weeks after the line got redid and good players went back to this t6. Let's check again in a couple months. What you point out is right. I play perfectly fine in the Hatsuharu so far. But it's a crap ship. Both can be true.

very much this. most of the players playing these ships in the last couple weeks are experienced players going back to grind the new lines or test the new ships. give it a couple months to level out and we'll see.

i'm very interested to see the Minekaze stats in a couple months, when all the fans of the ship she used to be have finally given up.

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

Super Dreadnought is correct.

While never a good ship, it's 'ok'.

Changing the tech tree would be the right move.

Losing the 62 knot torps, while a pain, can be remedied by Torp Accel.

I have used it before and liked it.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i ran stock hull with 5 gun as gunship DD and did pretty well for the whole grind.       I didn't even bother to get 10km torps researched.      it has decent concealment and usable guns to counter mahans and others that will outgun you while you outgun most of those who have better concealmnt.      I did have AFT on a 11 point captain.           it is higher skill DD probably though in stock config.     

[K0]
Members
1,758 posts
10,164 battles

As soon as I got AFT for it, I started using it like a knock-off Farragut. While worse in pretty much every category except concealment, it does tend to surprise people who aren't expecting an IJN DD to rely so heavily on guns.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

4DRpkBe.png

The main problem I think is that the ship is fine with fully upgraded torps. The problem I feel is with the stock Hatsuharu. 6km torps on a torpedo boat with higher detection range than that is obviously going to be a painful grind.

Imho what WG need to do is change the upgrade path on the Type8 Mod2 torps to upgrade from the Type8 Mod1 torps, and not have it branch off the B hull. It makes no sense why there needs to be a hull upgrade anyway. This would make it a lot easier to get out of the 6km torps, and it would offer a choice for players between a 5 gun Hatsuharu, and AA Hatsuharu. Imho that would make the grind much easier for people.

Nevermind the Hatsuharu's statistics, the Fubuki's stats are the real teller.  3 triple launchers with 10km torps at 14600 damage a hit, over 3km stealth torping window, and yet the average server damage is 21k?  People just suck at the game.  But then it's probably not all their fault; I remember reading one player mention they didn't even know the torpedo lead indicator was a thing until they had gotten to tier 7.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

As soon as I got AFT for it, I started using it like a knock-off Farragut. While worse in pretty much every category except concealment, it does tend to surprise people who aren't expecting an IJN DD to rely so heavily on guns.

Tell me, how many games did it take you to get AFT on a T6?

I know for my Cleveland, it was a crapton of games without premium or dragon flags. (dragon flags didn't exist back then)

Like 60+ games to get 10pts on my Cleveland captain.

Nevermind the Hatsuharu's statistics, the Fubuki's stats are the real teller.  3 triple launchers with 10km torps at 14600 damage a hit, over 3km stealth torping window, and yet the average server damage is 21k?  People just suck at the game.  But then it's probably not all their fault; I remember reading one player mention they didn't even know the torpedo lead indicator was a thing until they had gotten to tier 7.

That was me at like 100~400 games, but I was also not in a T7 :ohmy:

[K0]
Members
1,758 posts
10,164 battles

Tell me, how many games did it take you to get AFT on a T6?

I know for my Cleveland, it was a crapton of games without premium or dragon flags. (dragon flags didn't exist back then)

Like 60+ games to get 10pts on my Cleveland captain.

I cheated a little bit and used the captain I was preparing on the Isokaze for the line split (before they announced how they were going to transition ship owners to the new lines). She was at 6 points already.

I also got the premium camo transferred from the old Hatsuharu.

Current number of new Hatsuharu games is 29, maybe 4 or 5 of those with AFT.

To use the same Cleveland reference, I have a 10-point (almost 11) on her at 38 games with a small number of those played with demo expert.

Edited by Flashtirade

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

I enjoyed my Hatsuharu. I don't see any problems with her.  She is basically a Anshan with better stealth, different torps, but less rate of fire.

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

A unicum friend of mine does well in the ship but hates it with a vengance. He says it's crap.

Me? I'm not toughing that with a Grosser Kurfurst-length stick. I'm sticking with my Farragut and feasting on them, thank you very much.

(I collected his skull in the Farragut from full health. Really. He wrecks me in a 1v1 with any other ship.)