Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Teahee

A Desperate Plea to WG

21 comments in this topic

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

With the closure of the ARP collaboration with WoWS, and the upcoming cooperation with the "Haifuri" anime, I want to vent some concerns about the implementation of these new ships. 

I love the idea of bringing new fanbases to the game, and also the incentive of unique reward ships, but the issue of player experience has become increasingly apparent. While inexperienced players can still play a part in low-mid tier games (e.g. ARP Kongo/ARP Myoko ships), it is more difficult for many newer players to handle tier 8 gameplay such as in the case of the Takao. Perhaps it is simply personal bias, but it feels like friendly ARP Takaos kill more friendlies than enemies, often firing torpedoes in the path of allied ships. I am concerned that introducing the "Harekaze" from Haifuri could be worse, seeing as it is a Kagero class DD. 

Of course these ships should be available to as many players as possible, but I sincerely hope that WG can find a way to ensure newer players have a minimum amount of battle experience, rather than handing out T8 torpedo destroyers to players who may not understand the implications of friendly fire, the fact that torpedoes have a limited range, or the general playstyle of higher tier gameplay. 

• Cool 6

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

The fact that they did Tier 6 only on the missions makes it so people with some experience can earn them. But, +1

Members
557 posts

Of course these ships should be available to as many players as possible, but I sincerely hope that WG can find a way to ensure newer players have a minimum amount of battle experience, rather than handing out T8 torpedo destroyers to players who may not understand the implications of friendly fire, the fact that torpedoes have a limited range, or the general playstyle of higher tier gameplay. 

Never going to happen. It would be a mistake from a business practice stand point.

This is a video game and a business. Telling current and potential players that you are not good enough for core content, and ships are the core content, is not a good thing.

Judging by your sig, you have no problem at all being successful at this game.

So, why the concern if some people, by your standard, are not good enough to be sailing this alternate content?

As I said, it's just a game. Accept it for what it is and enjoy. If it's competition at a high level you are looking for, join Supremacy League.

Good luck and fair seas.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

If these ships all required a specific Service Record Level before delivery, would that fix the issue?   They could enable service record 14 - 20 for this purpose, requiring all previous service levels to be attained of course.

14 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 4 ship.

15 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 5 ship.

16 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 6 ship.

17 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 7 ship.

18 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 8 ship.

19 -  Player has attained an Elite tier 9 ship.

20 -  Player has attained two tier 10 ships.

Members
674 posts
4,336 battles

If these ships all required a specific Service Record Level before delivery, would that fix the issue?   They could enable service record 14 - 20 for this purpose, requiring all previous service levels to be attained of course.

It might suck for those who grind multiple tech lines and for those who don't like high tier games. Especially those who like to have fun playing lower to mid tier ships.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

that would not work to anyone's benefit. many players (myself included) have no intention of climbing into the cluster that is tier 10. some players don't even want to climb past tier 5. this doesn't make them any less capable players, nor should it lock them from content.

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Officially was no ship with the Haifuri colab , for now it's just a flag + credits and nothing more

Wait and see

Pretty sure it's been announced somewhere that it's at least a Kagero and 4 captains

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,127 battles

I love the idea of bringing new fanbases to the game, and also the incentive of unique reward ships, but the issue of player experience has become increasingly apparent. While inexperienced players can still play a part in low-mid tier games (e.g. ARP Kongo/ARP Myoko ships), it is more difficult for many newer players to handle tier 8 gameplay such as in the case of the Takao. Perhaps it is simply personal bias, but it feels like friendly ARP Takaos kill more friendlies than enemies, often firing torpedoes in the path of allied ships. I am concerned that introducing the "Harekaze" from Haifuri could be worse, seeing as it is a Kagero class DD.

I agree completely.  Takao is the new Atago.  Maybe the captains are competent at T8...but probably not.  I have been nearly torped probably a dozen times this month...all by Takao's.  I am immediately leery of all of them I see on my team.

Judging by your sig, you have no problem at all being successful at this game.

So, why the concern if some people, by your standard, are not good enough to be sailing this alternate content?

Inexperienced players in high tiers are much more of a drain on game play than inexperienced players at low tiers.  Any scenario in which an inexperienced player can buy their way or easily win their way into a high tier match is a bad idea.  There is a learning curve as you progress up the tiers.  Surely you understand this.
Edited by desmo_2

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

And this is different from new players Buying a torpedo equipped premium ship, how?

Because I've had plenty of Atagos, Kutuzovs, Tirpitzs, Atlantas, Lo Yangs, Leningrads, etc. friendly torp me with torps that would have never reached the target.

Members
557 posts

Inexperienced players in high tiers is much more of a drain on game play than inexperienced players at low tiers.  Any scenario in which an inexperienced player can buy their way or easily win their way into a high tier match is a bad idea.  There is a learning curve as you progress up the tiers.  Surely you understand this.

I understand your point. But as I have already posted, this is a video game and a business. Limiting access to core game content, in this case ships, based on some arbitrary level of skill is bad for business.

If you have an issue with too many inexperienced players at higher tiers that put a 'drain on your game play', then get a group together and join Supremacy League where you can compete against worthy opponents.

By telling a very large portion of your player base, "Sorry, you're just not good enough to play a Yamato/Iowa/Montana/<insert high tier ship here>", surely you can understand how that is bad for business.

Good luck and fair seas.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I understand what you are trying to accomplish here. However I see plenty of players in tech tree ships do some fairly questionable things in tier 9-10 ships, so allowing players (with a precedent of at least tier 6 play level) to have access to a tier 8 doesn't really bother me much more.

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

that would not work to anyone's benefit. many players (myself included) have no intention of climbing into the cluster that is tier 10. some players don't even want to climb past tier 5. this doesn't make them any less capable players, nor should it lock them from content.

Very much this.

Amongst other things, getting the Takao has required the player to A) already have a T6+ ship, and B) earn more than enough base XP to progress to T7 from that T6 ship, and including various EXP bonuses, possibly to T8 as well. I don't think there is anybody who has a Takao who qualifies as "too inexperienced to play T8," nor who wouldn't potentially be playing T8 even if they hadn't earned it.

And there is definitely no case to complain about people being able to earn a Takao (or any other ship) so long as it's still possible to buy a T8 premium without playing even a single game in WoWS before.

Especially for the suggestion that would require two Tier 10 ships in order to be eligible for certain things. I've got 1,500 games played, I'm hardly bad at the game, and even still I'm only up to T8 in one line. It would probably take me a month to get from Mogami up to Zao, and that's assuming I only play Mogami/Ibuki.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I understand what you are trying to accomplish here. However I see plenty of players in tech tree ships do some fairly questionable things in tier 9-10 ships, so allowing players (with a precedent of at least tier 6 play level) to have access to a tier 8 doesn't really bother me much more.

If anything, what you do is bust out a CE Benson or CE Kagero to farm all of them Harekazes with less than 10pt captains and total lack of camo.

Members
557 posts

And this is different from new players Buying a torpedo equipped premium ship, how?

Because I've had plenty of Atagos, Kutuzovs, Tirpitzs, Atlantas, Lo Yangs, Leningrads, etc. friendly torp me with torps that would have never reached the target.

This!

End of discussion really.

Sign in to follow this