Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

I tried. Heaven knows I tried. (Return of the Mutsuki)

17 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

iVdZRL0.jpg

I don't remember the Mut being such a Bad***.  Glad I bought her back.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

That's great dmg, but its kind of sickening to see how you only have 2 kills.  

Are you trying to tell us Mutsuki is fun/good, or that Mutsuki is still just epic bad that requires overexertion of effort?

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

You simply got lucky.

The Mutsuki is worse all the way around than the Minekaze (yes, even in her nerfed state).

Imagine what kind of a game you could have had in that. :P

I am serious here. The Mutsuki with its terrible, and only, two pop-guns (that do Tier 1 damage), and painfully slow torp reloads (75 seconds), really cripple her. Congrats on a battle that proves even a blind pig sometimes finds a truffle.

• Cool 2

Members
5,450 posts
21,027 battles

If you continue the grind to the Hatsuharu, I recommended you bring a lot of Free Xp. Because the stock Hatsu is one of the worst ships I've suffered with in a long time. 

[O_O]
Members
7,893 posts
22,060 battles

If you continue the grind to the Hatsuharu, I recommended you bring a lot of Free Xp. Because the stock Hatsu is one of the worst ships I've suffered with in a long time. 

The new Hatsuharu IS bad when stock.  It's like a low-tier US DD in that you will be detected well before you are in torp range.  Absolutely painful.  Once you upgrade the torps and she can stealth torp again, it is much less painful.

Members
5,450 posts
21,027 battles

The new Hatsuharu IS bad when stock.  It's like a low-tier US DD in that you will be detected well before you are in torp range.  Absolutely painful.  Once you upgrade the torps and she can stealth torp again, it is much less painful.

I realized that. But my problem comes in the form of the USS Missouri. I'm saving all my Free Xp for that ship so I could not use it to skip the awful grind to up grade the Hatsu. I even managed a 65k damage Defeat because the guns are so bad they couldn't traverse in time to sink a Mahan on 36 hp who was 5k from me.

So I sold the Hatsu, again, and have written off the new IJN dd line for now. Maybe after I've reached my goal of owning the Mighty Mo I'll revisit the line and by revisit I mean using Free Xp to skip the ship all together. 

[1TEX]
Members
494 posts
6,702 battles

You simply got lucky.

The Mutsuki is worse all the way around than the Minekaze (yes, even in her nerfed state).

I am serious here. The Mutsuki with its terrible, and only, two pop-guns (that do Tier 1 damage), and painfully slow torp reloads (75 seconds), really cripple her. Congrats on a battle that proves even a blind pig sometimes finds a truffle.

Granted, only a handful of games either new version of the ship, but I have done much better in the new Mutsuki than the new Minekaze (keeping the former for now, have already sold the latter).

[O_O]
Members
7,893 posts
22,060 battles

I realized that. But my problem comes in the form of the USS Missouri. I'm saving all my Free Xp for that ship so I could not use it to skip the awful grind to up grade the Hatsu. I even managed a 65k damage Defeat because the guns are so bad they couldn't traverse in time to sink a Mahan on 36 hp who was 5k from me.

So I sold the Hatsu, again, and have written off the new IJN dd line for now. Maybe after I've reached my goal of owning the Mighty Mo I'll revisit the line and by revisit I mean using Free Xp to skip the ship all together. 

Yeah, that is also why I am so familiar with how bad the Hatsu is stock...LOL!  I won't spend a single Free XP until Mighty Mo is mine, so I will have to suffer through any stock grinds.  Like I said, though, Hatsu wasn't as bad once her torps are upgraded.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

You simply got lucky.

I've only played it 5 times since the change.  Lucky? 

B2w6tjc.jpg

If you say so.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

That's great dmg, but its kind of sickening to see how you only have 2 kills.  

Are you trying to tell us Mutsuki is fun/good, or that Mutsuki is still just epic bad that requires overexertion of effort?

Actually it was like playing the pre-nerf Isokaze... which was my most fun ship.  You just have to isolate your targets, stay out of spotting distance and keep torping them.

I did a good  damage to a number of ships (sunk 2 BBs and heavilly damaged 2 others)  but the torps aren't hard hitting enough to seal the deal every time.  Plus I did use the guns on another low health Mut for 1122 damage in 2 hits.  I would have finished him with the guns but someone else kill secured him.

Edited by JCC45

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,575 battles

you did great, sorry about the loss tho some nights carrying hard is not enough

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i've ran hatsuharu with stock hull for the whole grind and did pretty well.      i found it quite effective actually with usable torps and guns.   10km torps are so slow, but they can be effective as well (in my shiratsuyu , but now i have upgraded)    fun ship and worth grinding.  halfway to akizuki.    hopefully before new year, i will l have it.     

Members
223 posts
13,470 battles

Ship Changes in New Patch 0.5.16 

Note: I don't understand 

Mutsuki: After this destroyer moved from tier VI to tier V, it kept a lot of features of a tier VI ship, and we've since adjusted them to match the performance of other tier V ships:
- Increased chance of being set on fire
- Increased chance of incurring flooding damage
- Reduced number of HP by 300 for both hulls (for the top hull, HP was reduced from 11,600 to 11,300)
Changes to ship plating:
- Reduced thickness of plating toward the bow from 15mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of fore end plating, the lower section of side plating, and aft end plating from 16mm to 10mm
- Increased the thickness of the upper section of the fore-end athwartship bulkhead from 6mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of the aft-end plating at steering gears from 16mm to 12mm
- Reduced the thickness of plating toward the stern from 15mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of plating toward the stern at steering gears and propulsion from 15mm to 12mm
- Reduced the thickness of the upper section of side plating from 16mm to 14mm.

Edited by Drill_U

[FROGS]
[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
2,016 battles

Ship Changes in New Patch 0.5.16 

Note: I don't understand 

Mutsuki: After this destroyer moved from tier VI to tier V, it kept a lot of features of a tier VI ship, and we've since adjusted them to match the performance of other tier V ships:
- Increased chance of being set on fire
- Increased chance of incurring flooding damage
- Reduced number of HP by 300 for both hulls (for the top hull, HP was reduced from 11,600 to 11,300)
Changes to ship plating:
- Reduced thickness of plating toward the bow from 15mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of fore end plating, the lower section of side plating, and aft end plating from 16mm to 10mm
- Increased the thickness of the upper section of the fore-end athwartship bulkhead from 6mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of the aft-end plating at steering gears from 16mm to 12mm
- Reduced the thickness of plating toward the stern from 15mm to 10mm
- Reduced the thickness of plating toward the stern at steering gears and propulsion from 15mm to 12mm
- Reduced the thickness of the upper section of side plating from 16mm to 14mm.

Turns out a select few were having fun in this ship so it was nerfed . I'll have to play it again to get a sense of how badly, but judging by those numbers it appears like we will be driving a leaky gas can around now instead of a boat.

Sign in to follow this