You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

I thought WG fixed this...

46 comments in this topic

Members
5,202 posts

EDIT: Since some people are misunderstanding the intent of this post, I'm not talking about the number of DDs. I'm talking about the disparity in ship NATIONALITY mirroring. There shouldn't be three of a specific ship on one side and none on the other. 

7AF2y3A.jpg

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 3

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

"You are going to take your hide-and-seek matches and like them."

-WG

Edited by Rion12

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Nope. I've had about 5 DDs per side just about every match for the last 2 weeks. It actually seems to be more rare now to get less than 5 lol.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Nope. I've had about 5 DDs per side just about every match for the last 2 weeks. It's actually seems to be more rare now to get less than 5 lol.

OP referring to the mismatch in gunboat DD's vs torpedo DD's. 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Nope. I've had about 5 DDs per side just about every match for the last 2 weeks. It's actually seems to be more rare now to get less than 5 lol.

The above is dead on, across all tiers that DD's play. 

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

It lasted for one or two patches before it got removed, since it played havoc with que times.

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

I've been wondering the same thing Wombat.

From patch 5.9

In line with the matchmaker development plan, we restored the ship sorting rule:

Now the matchmaker tries to uniformly distribute ships of different nations between the teams. For example, if two Soviet Gnevny destroyers and two Japanese Minekaze destroyers are present, the matchmaker will attempt to put one destroyer of each nation on each team. This rule will positively affect the quality of team balancing and make battles more even.

I've seen many battles since then where this does not seem to be working.

• Cool 2

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Ah, did not notice that. My mistake.

Either way, bad time to be a BB. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Seeing lots of that too. But also had one match today that only had 1 BB and 1 DD per side, the rest were CA/CLs!

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

I think that the divisions in this case made distributing the ships a problem.  I have seen similar cases where divisions were involved.  It does seem like the could have swapped on Shimi with one Gearing though, so it may just be a bug.

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

What I noticed is the 10 T-10s, 9 T-9s and 5 T-8s.  Talk about an unfortunate predicament for T-8s.  And that New Orland's, a seriously unfortunate soul. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Seeing lots of that too. But also had one match today that only had 1 BB and 1 DD per side, the rest were CA/CLs!

Good god man! That's like finding Bigfoot!

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

It lasted for one or two patches before it got removed, since it played havoc with que times.

:great:  This, it went away a few patches ago, and is sadly missed.  Those were good times, far more balanced matches.

Beta Testers
1,156 posts

From patch 5.9

In line with the matchmaker development plan, we restored the ship sorting rule:

Now the matchmaker tries to uniformly distribute ships of different nations between the teams. For example, if two Soviet Gnevny destroyers and two Japanese Minekaze destroyers are present, the matchmaker will attempt to put one destroyer of each nation on each team. This rule will positively affect the quality of team balancing and make battles more even.

I think the relevant bit there is TRIES.

They never said it tried very hard, nor that it worked well.  And it really shouldn't surprise any of us if it absolutely doesn't do either.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

From patch 5.9

not working since around 5.11, from what I have seen.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,632 battles

wow that's some interesting MM, never seen anything quite like that.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Even when it is, two of those Gearings and one of the Shimikaze was in a division.  That always lowers the MMs IQ to dedicated paint chip eater levels.

That said, ouch.  They got the 3 Gearings, the Zao, the Ibuki, the Yamato.  About the only bright side to that MM is your team had the Fletchers and I'll take Tirpitz/Amagi over Bismarck/NC.  

Could be worse, you could get a Midway vs a Haku.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

So Kombat... you think maybe, if this was yanked a few updates back that maybe they could let us know, explain why? Because if I'd been one of those Gearings I woulda been all wahoo its hurtin' time... I would think the Gearings could wipe the map of Shimas... yes? no? 

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

I would think the Gearings could wipe the map of Shimas... yes? no? 

Unless the Gearings were all Potato's and the Shima's got lucky with their torps, yeah. The Gearings would wipe the floor with them.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Unless the Gearings were all Potato's and the Shima's got lucky with their torps, yeah. The Gearings would wipe the floor with them.

The two Fletchers will give the Gearings some trouble, and if two or three of the Shimas are in one place they WILL kill some Gearings just from massed torpedo fire.  15 torps is easy torpedo beats, 30 is challenging, 45 is difficult enough that one of those Gearings will be in a bad position and get hit.

Members
1,054 posts
11,054 battles

The two Fletchers will give the Gearings some trouble, and if two or three of the Shimas are in one place they WILL kill some Gearings just from massed torpedo fire.  15 torps is easy torpedo beats, 30 is challenging, 45 is difficult enough that one of those Gearings will be in a bad position and get hit.

If all the shimas are traveling together

if none of them are on cool down for torpedo reload

if they all spawn together

if there aren't 3-4 caps

if they work as a team

etc etc