Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Zeka

Bismarck Secondaries

18 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,380 posts
14,211 battles

So I was just poking around random videos on YouTube when i found this one, made by Flamu a while ago..

While the Bismarck DOES have good secondaries, and the video states, and I quote: "You secondaries ARE NOT to replace your main batteries." While i certainly do feel like German secondaries in general should be nerfed into the ground, this is coming from a destroyer main. so my opinion may be just a wee bit biased. Anyways, to all Bismarck captains and German BB captains in general, DON'T rely on your secondaries for damage. As good as they are, they are not worth exposing the side of your ship to an enemy just to bring them all to bear. I've seen countless potatoes do this to an enemy BB, expecting their secondaries to fully kill off the enemy, then they get BLASTED out of the water in one or two AP salvos. Your main batteries are there for a reason. While I do recognize that there ARE some people out there who have figured this out already, it seems that those people are so few and far between that they are ALMOST nonexistent. Overall point: Don't do dumb stuff like turn broadside or sail straight just to keep all your secondaries firing. They are there for self defense against DDs that get too close or even an occasional CA, but focus on using your main batteries. Another note, try something ELSE. Try a German BB stealth build. Or a RoF build. Or even maybe a "supertank" build to rack up huge amounts of potential damage and help the team that way. Who knows? Maybe one of these builds will work better then a secondary build ever will. German BB secondaries are mainly just an annoying meta at this point, and is more or less borderline ridiculous at this point. But again, this is coming from a destroyer main, so my opinion may be a bit skewed.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

All good points, but I like it when people do stupid things, how else could we exploit them if they didn't?

And I like the secondary build - Bismark secondaries keep destroyer captains honest.  Those same DD captains could also try a change of pace too, similar to the ones you suggested for BB captains.  Or maybe the secondary Bismark build forces them to think outside the box perhaps?

• Cool 1

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

If the potatoes on the enemy team listened to your advice, my daily WTR rating would take a rather big hit. But then again, I'd like to have allies who don't find themselves dead within the first few minutes.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I love secondary builds, but secondaries rarely crack 20% of my damage totals. But since they are so easy to buff and improve so much when buffed (in the case of AFT dragging up my AA also) I go with secondary builds. There are battles where I've gotten multiple CQEs and battles where they've done 30, 40, 50k damage. Secondaries when used right are extremely effective, but obviously they will never replace your main battery.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,110 battles

I don't even angle all that much, a normal 30 degree angle is enough to bring a good number of secondaries on an enemy and drive a pesky DD skipper off.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
2,396 posts
24,564 battles

The problem with me I get so distracted by the secondaries. :teethhappy: At 13:54 you can see them in action. And I did do a mistake with the enemy Colorado by going broadside, which i did correct. However leave my secondary guns alone in the future. :angry:

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles

It's not at all unusual that I have matches where my secondaries plus fires set by them do 80k+ damage.  No, they aren't a replacement for your main battery.  But there are few other builds that can give you a flat +50% damage boost when played smartly.  

Not sorry for their effect on DDs.

YFkjDrjh.jpg

Edited by Epic_Baller

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

The best is when a Tirpitz chases your Bismarck just inside secondary range trying to close into torp range and just slowly burns to death... 

Members
266 posts
2,744 battles

The best is when you start racking up citadel hits, wonder how that's happening, then see a cruiser explode off your disengaged flank from the secondaries AP if you have an AP secondary slinging BB.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Just got my second ever Double Strike with the Gneis today.

Took about 8K off an incoming full-health Indianapolis with the forward mains, (Indy was 7.5km out) and ctrl-clicked him (no MS skill though) as I turned to point my bow at an equally close New Mex. I launched torps at the Indy from about 4km, bit he was bow on. The NM ended up ramming me, but just before he did, one torp hit the Indy and sunk him.

So in less than a minute, my secondaries (incl. fires) took 9-10k off that Indy, and my Gneis is still stock lol.

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

The best is when a Tirpitz chases your Bismarck just inside secondary range trying to close into torp range and just slowly burns to death... 

better when a Bismark gets close to my tirpitz ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Edited by the_fog_invader

Beta Testers
182 posts

I am using my tripitz to work on my future German DD captain...I made the big mistake now of twice getting too close to a bismarck. Both had approx. 30% HP Left and me twice as much. They basically set my trip on fire immediately, fires everywhere, and doing crazy damage. They are serious business. I died horribly both times.

[MKF]
Members
584 posts
20,416 battles

Why use a secondary build? It's fun. Even better it encourages BBs to push and brawl which is also very fun. The idea of a stealth build on a BB just seems silly to me... and while I understand why people do it and that it works on some ships it totally defeats the purpose of playing a BB on my opinion. This coming from a Fletcher main who has no problem adapting to those secondary builds...

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

As a Japanese destroyer player, all Bismarck secondaries do is cause me to torpedo from stealth.

You know

That thing battleship players wish IJN destroyers couldn't do

30,523 posts
6,110 battles

As a Japanese destroyer player, all Bismarck secondaries do is cause me to torpedo from stealth.

You know

That thing battleship players wish IJN destroyers couldn't do

I have a full secondary build along with manual secondaries, any DD that tries to close in on me, is going to face a wall of lead. So it's probably good on you to pull back to stealth torp. I see too many DDs these days come rushing in at me in my Bismarck and then wonder why I tear them apart with combined primary and secondary fire.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,380 posts
14,211 battles

Just an a quick explanation: 

I NEVER said anything like "Dont do a secondary build" or "If you do this then you're stupid" or anything like that. True, I do find the constant secondary builds annoying, i have nothing against them as a whole. I am keenly aware if what secondaries can do when in skilled hands.I just see too many people make noob mistakes like turn broadside and sail straight JUST to bring the secondary batteries to bear. So in essence what I really want here is teammates who dont die within the first few minutes due to careless mistakes they otherwise wouldn't make

Edited by BlueMistPvP

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I have a full secondary build along with manual secondaries, any DD that tries to close in on me, is going to face a wall of lead. So it's probably good on you to pull back to stealth torp. I see too many DDs these days come rushing in at me in my Bismarck and then wonder why I tear them apart with combined primary and secondary fire.

Yeah the thing is most battleship players are not like me or you. Most battleship players are baBBies who whine when they get torpedoed and demand further nerfs on the only thing that's even remotely a threat to them.

30,523 posts
6,110 battles

Yeah the thing is most battleship players are not like me or you. Most battleship players are baBBies who whine when they get torpedoed and demand further nerfs on the only thing that's even remotely a threat to them.

Hell I just got torped by a DD in my bismarck. I was in the middle of a firefight with a Cleveland and NC and he just got me flat footed and then sunk me because I had to repair the 3 fires and he got me with flooding.

Did I rage, nope I congratulated him for a well timed broadside.

Sign in to follow this