You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bnash63

USS MISSOURI

32 comments in this topic

[SHOOP]
Members
6 posts
1,705 battles

I just saw that the Mighty Mo is now available but like most ships you would grow old at the keyboard trying to get enough stars to get it. There has got to be a better way.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,393 battles

Huh?

There are several already in play. Mine is coming soon as I am approaching the required Free XP amount, and will probably jump if they offer a conversion sale of 35-1 instead of the usual 25-1 as they did last year at this time. If this comes through, it will mean for me a conversion of no more than $35, which puts it in line with my budget and more expensive T8 ships (it is a T9 after all).

Everybody collects free XP in every battle. If you use Papa-Papa flags (I always do), and if you play Anshan which prints Free XP, you can get to 100,000 Free XP, or like many of us much more (I am over 500,000 and counting). It is all a matter of time. Surely it is not a ship for everybody (T9 requiring experienced players), and not cheap, which is done on purpose. the business model is good, requiring lots of play if you do not want to spend money. Nothing wrong with adding some exclusivity to it either.

Edited by alexf24

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,393 battles

130$

Only if you have no Free XP at all and you convert at the regular 25-1 price. Doable but very expensive. Makes no sense. If you do it as I stated above, you can manage the cost to be less than an Atago or Kutuzov, and worth it in my book.

[O_O]
Members
7,890 posts
22,041 battles

I just saw that the Mighty Mo is now available but like most ships you would grow old at the keyboard trying to get enough stars to get it. There has got to be a better way.

It is a Tier 9 premium.  It should not be available to purchase by noobs.  The way it is now, you at least have to have a hoard of accumulated ship XP available that you can then pay to convert to Free XP.  I am just going to keep playing, maximize my opportunities to multiply my Free XP earnings, and eventually I'll get her.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Wait to see if they do a Christmas convertion sale on free exp. Since the Mighty Mo went live, I've managed to get almost 200k free exp so I'm up to around 300k. Hoping for a conversion sale at Christmas to finish off the rest (have about 3 million uncoverted free exp). Should be significantly cheaper to do it that way (assuming they do a sale).

[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
16,189 battles

I had over 8 mill in free xp to convert..bam,  I pulled the trigger.

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Wait to see if they do a Christmas convertion sale on free exp. Since the Mighty Mo went live, I've managed to get almost 200k free exp so I'm up to around 300k. Hoping for a conversion sale at Christmas to finish off the rest (have about 3 million uncoverted free exp). Should be significantly cheaper to do it that way (assuming they do a sale).

Waiting on the same - dropped $100 during the Credit Card special about 2 weeks ago.  Have over 29K DB and 1.1M in convertible XP burning a hole in my pocket now.

With that and a conversion sale I am getting the MO for $77 plus my Montana.    

Figured with the money I saved on MO, could purchase a premium South Dakota (Alabama) when it comes out as well.

Members
712 posts
5,239 battles

Meh right now I have the North Carolina, Amagi, and Gneisnau with prems being Tirpitz and Scharnie. Once I get most of the tech tree line to tier 9 I will consider looking at missouri. I personally prefer to have one or two tech ships at a tier before getting a premium of that type.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

Use Equal Speed, Charlie London & Papa Papa signal flags along with experience boosting camo. I have made about 150k since the announcement of the Missouri, it isn't going away any time soon so you have the time..

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

It's a long grind to get the only tier 9 premium - it's not meant to be free for the vast majority of players. Wargaming is not charging you gold because you will be buying premium account time, playing ships with premium camo/consumables for better performance to make more exp, signals or converting gold to experience to get this. It's a solid business model but if you want to get 750k free exp without paying a dime, play 30 games a day for a year? Wargaming is letting you choose your own adventure but its going to cost most people who get it more than they spent on the tier 8 premiums.

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85

[PVE]
Members
12,063 posts
21,291 battles

If you get a deal on doubloons like when they discount for pay pal or credit cards and such and them wait for a sale on conversion. The cost can be much less not to mention that while waiting you can accumulate as much free xp as you can, it can cost very little to acquire her.

[C-O-S]
Members
314 posts
23,093 battles

They really could stand to lower that price to what it costs to grind T8 to 9.

Except you could get it literally without spending any money. It will take longer, yes, so you have to decide which you value more, your time or your money.

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,926 battles

ok so my question is what about ppl who dont have alot of free time to play the game? like work work 10-12 hours a day and only have weekends off and have a family? do we just forget about those guys? i can sling money all day and i already have tier 9s, the the missouri is my favorite ship and its my home state. I kinda feel like im getting shafted here.

[JUGGZ]
Members
256 posts
2,930 battles

ok so my question is what about ppl who dont have alot of free time to play the game? like work work 10-12 hours a day and only have weekends off and have a family? do we just forget about those guys? i can sling money all day and i already have tier 9s, the the missouri is my favorite ship and its my home state. I kinda feel like im getting shafted here.

Play the elited or premium ships you have, save all the XP (free and unconverted both) and during that time squirrel away some money here and there.  By the time you have enough unconverted and FXP to be able to convert and get it, you'll probably also have the money for the doubloons to make the conversion.  This is a case where I'd think the amount of time involved is of greater value than $120.

[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
16,189 battles

It's simple, you have three choices, either grind it out, flop down the money for it or forget about it.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
4,964 battles

I usually hoard Dubloons that come along side ship bundles that I want and spend then very sparingly. That said I'll probably do a half grind half buy plan for the Mighty Mo.

45-55$ is reasonable for a Premium at that Teir. So that amount for purchased dubloons + current banked + grinned FExp is not that far away. 

Also from the End of Match results from replays so the Mo show reasonable FExp returns on good-to-great games in her. So if you play her enough you'll probably be back at around 750k FExp banked. 

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Members
45 posts
3,926 battles

It's simple, you have three choices, either grind it out, flop down the money for it or forget about it.

so how would I just flop down the money? You can only get it through xp 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

so how would I just flop down the money? You can only get it through xp 

Buy doubloons and convert experience from you elite and premium ships, approximately $130 if you had no free experience saved.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Buy doubloons and convert experience from you elite and premium ships, approximately $130 if you had no free experience saved.

Which is at best 75 dollars more then it should really be......12500, maybe 15,000 doubloons is plenty enough to spend on a single ship.....130 dollars worth? Just gtfo.  Thats what? like 30,000 doubloons or more?

I wonder if WG ever figures they are losing money by selling their crapfor such high prices.  Or are the whales in the game supporting them sufficiently that they see no problem? 

Edited by KnightFandragon

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Which is at best 75 dollars more then it should really be......12500, maybe 15,000 doubloons is plenty enough to spend on a single ship.....130 dollars worth? Just gtfo.  Thats what? like 30,000 doubloons or more?

I wonder if WG ever figures they are losing money by selling their crapfor such high prices.  Or are the whales in the game supporting them sufficiently that they see no problem? 

WG fully expects most to pay for the difference, which is almost always less than 130 USD, so it's really more like $80 USD if only buying Doubloons and explicitly waiting for XP conversion sales.  Less if players ground out more FXP in the meantime between the Doubloon sales and the XP conversion sales.

Outside of that, the price is roughly in-line with what a normal T9 Premium BB would have cost if it was sold in the shop (BBs cost more than cruisers, and cruisers cost more than DDs, and increase almost exponentially per tier).

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
290 posts
40,605 battles

Santa pkgs blessed me with a lot of gold and a lot of multiple iteratons of ships like Emden and Ichy Zuccini bringing more gold.  Had more actually had enough from Santa to get the Terp and the Mo.  Scored ATL, TX, Emden, Gremmy Molotov, Murmansk Kutsu, Atl, BLy Ashan Lo Yang sharn prince E Nicholi Marblehead and atago.

Takes a boat load of silver to upgrade the MO.

I need to figure out how to fight her, I suck at a lot of ships but seem to such the most with BBs.