You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovek1944

Myoko captain, which skills?

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
87 posts
1,080 battles

So I've unlocked Myoko and Haguro, but really dont know know what skills to get, second one is a no brainer as the turrets take so long,

Faster torps looks pretty tempting, and I don't use the fighter or hydro all that often, 4th, probably DE...

But I don't typicaly play IJN heavy CA's, How should I equip this ship?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Is this for the tech tree Myoko, or the Arpeggio one? If it's tech tree, unless you want to spend the doubs to respec later on, I'd go superintendent for more heals. 

Then, DE for more burning, and finally, concealment expert for more ninja.

• Cool 1

[DESU]
Members
182 posts
4,892 battles

Japanese captains are incredibly homogeneous because of how the entire line from tier 6 on plays. 

Basic Fire Training -> Expert Marksmen -> Superintendent -> Demolition Expert -> Concealment Expert. 

This will work for all cruisers that involve spamming lots of HE. 

Edited by Arlios
  • Cool 2

Members
564 posts
670 battles

For me must have on IJN Cruisers are Loading Expert(whatever it's called, the one that switches AP and HE). Experience Marksman,  Superintendent to have an extra Sonar Charge. Demolition Expert is key and CE to sneaky. Honestly CE isn't necessary and taking Survivability Expert or a couple lower tier skills are an option.

Demo is a must though imo. IJN Cruisers have one singular purpose in game, doing damage.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Japanese captains are incredible homogeneous because of how the entire line from tier 6 ob plays. 

Advanced Fire Training -> Expert Marksmen -> Superintendent -> Demolition Expert -> Concealment Expert, you can't go wrong with this build from Kuma all the way to Zao. 

Basic firing training?

For me must have on IJN Cruisers are Loading Expert(whatever it's called, the one that switches AP and HE). Experience Marksman,  Superintendent to have an extra Sonar Charge. Demolition Expert is key and CE to sneaky. Honestly CE isn't necessary and taking Survivability Expert or a couple lower tier skills are an option.

Demo is a must though imo. IJN Cruisers have one singular purpose in game, doing damage.

That goes back to whether or not this will be a captain that goes up the line. If it is, then CE is most certainly necessary in the current meta, as without it, Ibuki/Zao's stealth fire range is quite a bit farther out. Mogami, Atago and Ibuki can also stealth torp if you're in a good position.

Edited by SergeantHop

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

If you have both versions of Myoko from ARP challenge you can try speccing captains and ships differently. Try build one for he spamming, one for AA or something. This is the only good thing from having all these duplicate ships.

Edited by geser98

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Japanese captains are incredibly homogeneous because of how the entire line from tier 6 on plays. 

(This isn't your average Basic Training. This is) Advance Basic Fire Training -> Expert Marksmen -> Superintendent -> Demolition Expert -> Concealment Expert. 

I agree with this

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

My build on Myoko is as follows:

Basics of Survivability, BFT

EM

Vigilance

AFT

Note, I don't have a 15 point captain to stick in Myoko(he went to Mogami, and will go to Ibuki when I unlock it). However, for the 15 point build I dropped BFT in order to use CE, which is entirely viable on Myoko, I just don't think it's necessary like it is on the T8, 9, and 10 IJN CAs.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

BFT/EM/SI/DE are the must-haves for any IJN CA, from playing that line up to Ibuki.

BoS is generally useless, and pointless if you're running all premium consumables (personally, using premium consumables is admitting you need the shorter CD's carry, which makes you a scrub, but that's another topic).

Manual AA is meh. You only have several AA that benefit from it, but smart CVs do know IJN CAs are good targets, and yet you're gambling the CV will target you. I've gone an entire match with CVs before where they focus only on the BBs.

Vigilance is pointless, way I play my Myokos, Takao, and Furrytaco. I rely on mutual AA with teammates when there's a CV in the match, and save for when I face a CV 2 tiers above me, I'm only about 35% likely to be targeted. DF is generally useless, so I always take hydro. I'm basically guaranteed to face DDs, and especially the stealth torping is 4x more dangerous than CV because unlike planes, I cannot see the DD, plus their torps hit much harder. I've had more than 70 cases where my taking hydro allowed me to see and dodge DD torps I otherwise wouldn't have seen in time, as well as securing DD kills and/or surviving the match--and IMO, being harder for DDs to sink is more productive than being some idiot that thinks all CVs are unicums out to delete me.

CE depends on your playstyle, but generally it's worth grinding to. The extra sneaking makes it easier to escape as well as position to announce yourself just as you get behind an island. It's especially helpful if you want to help BBQ a red BB and concerned he'll try to delete you--rarely happens until facing T7+ BBs, but always a major concern of CA captains.

EL (expert loader) is fine for the 16th point, or can take TAE with 16th and 17th points, but given the torpedo angles require showing broadside, 10 fewer seconds on the torp reload is not really worthwhile.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Basic Fire Training -> Expert Marksmen -> Superintendent -> Demolition Expert -> Concealment Expert. 

Ooh, like your videos mate!

Still, with ARP Myoko's caps, the choices are pretty straightforward. So you got that wrong here. @OP, here's the basics for the best build:

SE/BFT (Survivability Expert might be better for first choice) > Expert Marksmen > Vigilance (You don't have heals on T7 CA's, so SI is a waste, better torpedobeats is better) > DE > CE.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Yeah, only for AA I guess. Secondaries are...meh. Like most cruisers.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I think mine are setup for/with both BoS and BFT for the level one skill depending on the Captain just do they wouldn't all be the same. I probably have at least one built as a low level extravaganza - BFT, BoS, EM, VG, HA...grinding to DE if I ever get around to playing it. Maybe I just did that with the many Kongo? 

My tech tree Myoko is the one that gets the play time right now though. That captain is...huh...I think BFT, EM, SI, DE...headed towards CE, of course. You could also build a DD the same way...though you might want LS either in place of EM or after CE if you have the points.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
12,366 battles

Myoko has no heal so Vig > SI. Skills:  BFT, EM, Vigilance, DE, CE, for 15 pt captains.  Then  BoS or Expert Loader + Last Stand combo, or High Alert  for your last 3 points on 18pt captains. 

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies