You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mous1

SHOULD WE BE ABLE TO MANUAL AIM SECONDARYS?

18 comments in this topic

Members
269 posts
5,049 battles

Just a thought here so if say a dd appears  you can manually control your guns to drive it off faster and give bb a better chance at point blank  I really like how secondary's work but it will be cool if added".

Members
269 posts
5,049 battles

well im saying that we should be able to press like the c key and be able to actually control secondary's like your bb guns but leave your bb guns useless

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Would be way too overpowered with most ships. Many of the high tier BB's have the equivalent of a couple or more DD's worth of secondaries plus the main guns.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

With the 15 point skill all you need to do is hold Ctrl and click them. Your aimbot does the rest.

While it might be more exciting it would be a detriment to your overall performance especially in something like Tirpitz where you might be dodging and firing torpedoes while keeping your main guns on target. Aiming another 12 guns would be too much.

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,651 battles

No, that would be dumb. BB secondaries are already decent thanks to the buff they got earlier, and we have captain perks to increase their firepower. You also have your main guns. If you can't kill a DD that has gotten within your secondary range, and/or you let them point blank torp you, you're doing something terribly wrong.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Ever meet a Bismarck? You may think the drunken sailor sobered up .. you can do a secondary gun build... that and some flags makes it badass, as far ad you getting to point em ... no ... to OP

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

If you let a DD get so close to you that you need to rely on secondaries, and would rather aim them manually, something went wrong long before the DD ever got that close.

• Cool 1

[DESU]
Members
182 posts
4,892 battles

No, absolutely not.

High tier battleships are armed to the teeth in guns, USN bb's for example, Iowa/Sodak/Norcar/Montana have 5 12.7 dual mounts on both sides, that's more firepower than a USN DD and they have the weakest secondaries of their class! Let that sink in a little. 

Edited by Arlios

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,442 battles

Secondaries are still breaking the game. If I wanted to fight bots, I'd go PvE.

Members
269 posts
5,049 battles

well thanks for stating your thoughts I have no prob with bb secondary's just an idea

Beta Testers
68 posts
6,955 battles

Just a thought here so if say a dd appears  you can manually control your guns to drive it off faster and give bb a better chance at point blank  I really like how secondary's work but it will be cool if added".

it was nice steel oceans had it worked great but the dd cap would whine o would thay whine