You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Is GK dispersion and shell quality as bad as the Frustration der Grosse?

10 comments in this topic

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

3mVrCRO.png

After this I got two more no-damage hits on the Iowa. 12 no damage hits in a row! Was almost tempted to switch to HE but she was in my secondary range. I ended this game with 50K damage.

Biggest problem with this ship in addition to the crap dispersion: the shells cause no damage. Huge chunk of hits, no matter where I aim, are no-damage hits.

Next game also got 50K damage, same crap. Aside from 2 citadels, one on a Yammy and one on a Baltimore, I put down 27 hits for... 32K damage. I was in the golden range of 12-16 kms, and no ship was bow-on to me. That's pathetic -- I could do better with Ishizuchi. 

I took off the dispersion module and spec'd for secondaries instead, since I do more damage that way. 

What is wrong? Really hating this ship at the moment...

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Looks to me like he's got his bow pointed towards you. Good luck doing damage if that's the case.

In my experiences on the opposite end of them are anything to go by, taking a double cit from one in my Chapayev from 17km leads me to believe they're just fine in the accuracy department.

Edited by SergeantHop

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

You are right that the FDG has terrible accuracy, but just get close and most of the time the guns will behave. 

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Yes the dispersion is just as bad, but its not a problem because you have 12 guns. I put 5 cits on a monty at 11km today.

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

IMO you need to be more in the 10-14km range. 16 is just no good for the high tier germans.

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,542 battles

This ship was very frustrating for me too at first.i regularly get well over 100k with this. Took awhile to figure it out but it all came together. Brawling is the only place you will love this ship. Can go head to head with any other BB. It's weird because you have to close distance with other ships but not too much distance  it's impossible to explain just takes practice. I always keep at least a dd in front of me to spot torps, hydro only does so much. I am constantly switching he and ap. Distance or angled targets I use HE to get fires. Closet or broadside I use ap. Sometimes I need that ap loaded instead if HE but with lots of situational awareness it's not bad.

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,542 battles

I was also reading the dispersion actually is better than most the BBS with aiming  mod but since it has less guns it appears more.....? Idk.

Sure didn't seem like it. I hardly ever fire full salvos. Each gun one at a time. Turning while firing is less accurate. It isn't as easy as Bismarck but for good players the benefits are a lot more on this.

Edited by pck3

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

This ship was very frustrating for me too at first.i regularly get well over 100k with this. Took awhile to figure it out but it all came together. Brawling is the only place you will love this ship. Can go head to head with any other BB. It's weird because you have to close distance with other ships but not too much distance  it's impossible to explain just takes practice. I always keep at least a dd in front of me to spot torps, hydro only does so much. I am constantly switching he and ap. Distance or angled targets I use HE to get fires. Closet or broadside I use ap. Sometimes I need that ap loaded instead if HE but with lots of situational awareness it's not bad.

Thanks, I have been experimenting with switching to HE, but I think I will do it more often. 

[GSKUL]
Alpha Tester
340 posts

I settled on running the 16s with the reload mod very early on, and have been enjoying the ship immensely. The reload mod gets the reload down to 24.5s, with my philosophy being to make up for crap accuracy with more shells in the air. It plays like a tier 9 bismark. Heck, the 16s actually have better pen under 14km, which is where this ship should be anyways. The turret traverse debuff isn't even noticeable with EM. 

[O7]
Members
131 posts
33,922 battles

They are the same guns so I would say yes, but in general I enjoy the ship.  Just get in closer -- it can tank quite a bit of damage.