You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
stockmankrause

The english dream..........is over hows about a molotov instead?

16 comments in this topic

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Im thinking about selling every english/british cruiser as my port is getting untidy again.............

And replacing all of them with the molotov cruiser?

What do you all think?

Do you own a molotov? and can it cap alone and hold it from the start like a sims?

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Wait, so first you bought a Warspite and bought your way up to the Fiji, now less than a day after than happened you're thinking of selling the Fiji to buy a Molotov?

• Cool 3

Members
2,377 posts
16,926 battles

Do you own a molotov? and can it cap alone and hold it from the start like a sims?

Yes, yes I do.  It is emerald level of squishy.  You cannot cap and hold.  You will be deleted.  It's more of a sniper, like the Kirov.  T6 and up RN cruisers are better in all aspects save guns.  T7 and up are miles better in all aspects.
Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Wait, so first you bought a Warspite and bought your way up to the Fiji, now less than a day after than happened you're thinking of selling the Fiji to buy a Molotov?

Yes for sure the fiji is a fully modified brick and i have the marblehead waiting :honoring:.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Yes, yes I do.  It is emerald level of squishy.  You cannot cap and hold.  You will be deleted.  It's more of a sniper, like the Kirov.  T6 and up RN cruisers are better in all aspects save guns.  T7 and up are miles better in all aspects.

My world just ended but thanks anyhow :facepalm:.

Kutuzov?

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

My world just ended but thanks anyhow :facepalm:.

Kutuzov?

​He's not saying the Molotov is bad, in fact, it's really good if you know how to play her. He's just saying that she's really fragile and can't brawl.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

​He's not saying the Molotov is bad, in fact, it's really good if you know how to play her. He's just saying that she's really fragile and can't brawl.

I need a hammer not a bullet sponge lol but ok it sounds kinda fiji like :amazed:.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

I need a hammer not a bullet sponge lol but ok it sounds kinda fiji like :amazed:.

Not exactly sure I understand what your metaphor means, but the Molotov does have very good guns.

[CK5]
Members
1,931 posts
23,382 battles

The Molotov is a support ship with terrific guns but absolutely horrible armor and it wallows like a pig in turns.  Having said that, I actually like the Molotov but it requires a specific style of play to be successful and taking and holding caps is not the style.  

The Molotov excels at shooting from long range and supporting and following up breakthroughs made by teammates.  It can be deadly against destroyers and other cruisers but absolutely melts when a battleship even looks at it.  The Molotov's armor can be overmatched by any BB at any angle and the only defense it has against a BB is to not get hit.  Compounding the weak armor is a horrible turn circle that makes dodging hits a difficult proposition. 

I think you want a different ship.   

Members
2,377 posts
16,926 battles

Kutuzov?

Kutuzov is somewhat like a T8 cleveland.  I don't own one but kinda want one.  Think RN cruiser with more armour, HE, and no heal.  Also amazing AA.
Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

If you want a hammer, start playing battleships. No cruiser save for maybe the Moskva and Hindenburg, can really, truely brawl and hold caps against multiple ships. They're all very lightly armored in comparison to the battleships.

Edited by SergeantHop

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

I have 400+ games in Molotov and did very very well when it was first released.  The ship was borderline OP when she first came out. Many people didn't get that her armor was made of a wet napkin over a citadel of jello. This is now a well known fact and EVERYBODY will try to gun you down. I would bet that it is the ship that has the highest percentage of Devastating strikes against it.

Secondly, the British line has usurped it a good bit, play different though. Last time I played her I found myself in an engagement at 11-12km with a Fiji, she really struggled as the ROF and special AP RN shells make quick work of you angled or not. (I did come out on top)

You must play at range.....like near your max. Forget the aft battery, She can devastate nearly any cruiser in 1 salvo, but you can not slug it out with anybody, even DD's will tear you apart if they use AP on your tender sides.

Also with the rate of T6's showing up in a T8 match.....well.

Skill level is VERY high, 

Funny enough my only 2 solo warriors came in Molotov......

Edited by Lord_Adm_Nelson

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,887 battles

Kutuzov is somewhat like a T8 cleveland.  I don't own one but kinda want one.  Think RN cruiser with more armour, HE, and no heal.  Also amazing AA.

Looks very different to me, wildly different shell arcs make Kutuzov a ranged puncher. Overall I think the RN CL have better armor in some ways, Kutuzov is absolute paper.

[RM]
Members
31 posts
9,705 battles

Committing to a ship line is really your best option and it will help you expand your understanding of ship strengths and weaknesses as well discover new skills and tactics.

Suggestions: German Battleships, USN Battleships, T8+ USN cruisers or T8+ KM cruisers or T5+ IJN cruisers, 

If you insist on a premium I'd suggest the Atago or Tirpitz as both as very capable "hammer" ships, given your play-style supports their strong attributes.

Atago is more forgiving than Kutuzov.

Edited by Crovas

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,062 posts
30,833 battles

If you're having trouble surviving, doing damage, moving around in the better handling, better concealment, smoke possessing, with hull repair ability RN CLs, Molotov is going to be far tougher to make it with.  She has great guns but is very, very fragile.  Most especially so now she is bottom tier with the current MM facing Tier VII & VIII ships all the time, a number of which have amazing gunnery.  Scharnhorst, Amagi will feast on Molotov easily if given the chance.

Molotov is not a brawler.  She is not a ship ideal for capping.  She is a ranged fighter like every RU Cruiser is.  Get her in close and those DDs will AP Molotov for citadels.

Molotov succeeds on:

1.  How long you can make a fragile Cruiser with no smoke, average concealment, awful armor, no hull repair last.  This is the hardest part, especially now that she is down tier most times.

2.  How good you are with her guns at range, which should be easy.