Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Thanks for nothing... and a PSA

13 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,139 posts
35,179 battles

If you get any of the strange looking double-box containers that aren't obviously normal super-containers, ​(consumables choice I believe,) OPEN THEM RIGHT AWAY.

I thought I had three, but since I normally open my containers at the end of the week, and not knowing any better, left them for then.

All GONE now. Lesson learned, but it doesn't make me any less hacked off.

Thanks for nothing WG. Even if the crate was different looking, there was no other clue I was aware of it would go away if not opened.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

Wait, containers go away if you don't open them? Weird. I always open my containers right away.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Hmm... I thought they stated (somewhere) unopened containers would be automatically opened, at the end of ever period. 

Members
48 posts
14,476 battles

looks like you have a graphics glitch or something. after seeing this, knowing i had one i had not opened, i went an opened my containers. the super container i had in storage was much bigger with a WOWs logo on it. 

Members
909 posts

Hmm... I thought they stated (somewhere) unopened containers would be automatically opened, at the end of ever period. 

You can store up to 1000 containers. After that, the oldest is automatically opened to make room for new ones.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
1,658 posts
6,794 battles

Did the number of containers you had go down?  Or did they simply change in appearance?  I suspect that latter.  It's far more likely that there is a graphical glitch on those containers - as there have been several other container graphics glitches in the past - than it is that they switched out your fancy double container for something else.  Fancy double containers by the way, are not things that exist.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

why do you not just open them right away?

Im Saving mine as a way to count how long it's been between super containers..  It's been a Long while now.

lpEq5ms.jpg

OP,  Herr, has reported in another thread about his ARP ships not getting a daily bonus,   you may be having a UI glitch just like him.  did you relog your client and see if your numbers changed ?

[RLGN]
Members
19,139 posts
35,179 battles

I appologize about being a bit vague.

Yes, the appearance changed from the pic above to a normal container; I didn't actually lose any containers out of the total earned.

Saw another thread where it looked like someone had opened such a container and it contained an anchor/port slot. I thought that's what they were; which meant nothing special, because I'd recently sold several ships and was good on slots. Of course that is also why I waited.

Even so; port slots can become useful unexpectedly; like if I suddenly decide the German DDs are the best thing since sliced bread, so that's why I'm angry, even if I don't need port slots right now.

If it's just a visual glitch? Then :facepalm: I apologize; the idiot has struck again...

[WOLFD]
Members
976 posts

Sorry, should have posted this in the OP.

El5L5e.jpg

OK now I have something else to be upset about, never seen one of those.    Too bad, they will be like Super containers, always heard about never received. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

OK now I have something else to be upset about, never seen one of those.    Too bad, they will be like Super containers, always heard about never received. 

Dats a good un :-) 

Sign in to follow this