You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Varathius

2017 goals kind of meh....

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
182 posts

I was really excited to maybe see something in the lines of Italian ships, or more of those allied cruisers, destroyers and battleships that lie on the ocean floor to this day, sunk by German ships, as they tried to bring war materials to Russia at the early start of the war (and many of them are still there together with their lost sailors), but instead, I see more Russian ships?

I understand this game is Russian, and yes, Russia was incredible in tank design during WW2, they were amazing, but speaking of ships, it was not as noticeable as compared to tanks, thus I want to see more American ships for sure (I am not US btw), Italian ships, Dutch, French, Chinese, Commonwealth, heck even Brazilian ships that went after the notorious German U-boats and sank a few of them that are still off-shore the Brazilian coast, but continuously seeing Russian emphasis is getting a bit tiresome. I was really looking forward for an Italian ship line or so.

So is there a chance to have an update as to when we get to see more ships of those above mentioned ship lines? It is kind of what keeps me going in this game, the hope to use ships that contributed big time, especially the many ships that have been destroyed that delivered war materials to Russia, because without those war materials arriving, there would have maybe be a complete different outcome of the war!

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I seriously doubt that is all they have planned for next year. Three new ships? Right. They just aren't announcing new trees or anything, presumably because WG isn't sure of when they'll be ready, or if they'll be ready. I expect there will be quite a lot of interesting developments in 2017, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Members
820 posts

yeah... Really curious on when the impending and anticipated to be very powerful RU BB. Also wonders if we can get one of the design ship to be named Red October :teethhappy:

All funny stuff aside, new ship lines are always one of the biggest anticipations here but I'm also looking at the other stuff. Captain skill tree rework and convoy missions tops it for me. Additionally like the likelihood of special character captains, sounds interesting. All in all 2017 doesnt sound THAT bad so far, could be better though.

But I have to add the split RU DD is my biggest gripe. I dont mind RU ships in principle that much and more DD is a good thing, so much BBs lately anyhow. But the website stating them to be Cold War era ships? Come on, sounds like blatant opportunity to make them shine over the rest here.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I seriously doubt that is all they have planned for next year. 

A lot more is planned for 2017, including but not limited to the carrier rework

Source: https://redd.it/5izagt

The list provided is only a part of plans, so if something isn't there, it may be coming anyways. We just had to pick stuff. For example CV improvement is 100% in the 2017 roadmap. But on WGF we concentrated on new features, for the sake of interesting presentation.

Beta Testers
182 posts

Where are those goals you are referencing to? Please post a link...

World of Warships 2017 Preview. (2016). Wargaming: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

pretty sure the Russian DD's are a joke. They're probably going to introduce the French cruisers and UK BBs next year.

Also fingers crossed we get German DDs before the year ends!:medal:

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

It's not going to matter, really. Once they put clans into play, this game will decline rapidly. I bet in less than 6 months from implementing clans they lose about half the player base or close to it.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

It's not going to matter, really. Once they put clans into play, this game will decline rapidly. I bet in less than 6 months from implementing clans they lose about half the player base or close to it.

Crying doom isn't exactly a good profession, since 90% of the time you will be wrong. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
182 posts

Curiosity, not saying you are wrong, but why do you think that? I need reasoning and I am curious :)

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Curiosity, not saying you are wrong, but why do you think that? I need reasoning and I am curious

Just look at WoT. It's lost pretty much it's entire player base EXCEPT for the power clan people, and they're directly responsible for those loses.

They TK people that they don't like, put out gold bounties on people they don't like, use exploits, rigging and cheats to win contests and rewards...the list is endless.

That will happen here the day they release clans. Those same people will form up and destroy this place just like they did World of Tanks and run off pretty much everybody but them. Then they'll sit there getting fat on free gold from Clan Wars and rigged contest they control and Wargaming will turn around wondering where all their income went...just like they are now with WoT.

• Cool 1

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

My only issue with WG is when it comes to game balance.

Content wise I'm more than happy with what they deliver and their speed at doing so. The things on the preview will more than likely be delivered in the first semester and if not, I'm pretty sure we will have other releases in-between the mentioned content (apart from premium ships).

And thank you for the new PvE mode, that alone makes 2017 look great for now.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

My only issue with WG is when it comes to game balance.

Content wise I'm more than happy with what they deliver and their speed at doing so.

I agree with one exception: they started adding things WAY too fast. But that is of course down to the fact that they have very few players in NA anymore and they're doing whatever they can as fast as they can to make money.

Actually balancing their games is not important to them at all anymore.

Members
564 posts
670 battles

I look forward to whatever is in store for the game.

This must be a new thing, never seen a Game Developer feel the need to Set a Calander for a year. Why can't we just enjoy what we get when we get it?

KM Destroyers, that's what's next.

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

I agree with one exception: they started adding things WAY too fast. But that is of course down to the fact that they have very few players in NA anymore and they're doing whatever they can as fast as they can to make money.

Actually balancing their games is not important to them at all anymore.

I still have the hope that WG is learning something everytime a broken patch is released. So in a way, I'm happy that the AA buffs, the BSmarck and the butchering of some japanese DDs all happened this year, if they take some feedback from it to 2017 it will be awesome.

If not I will just remove myself to the new PvE mode, where ships can perform the roles intended for their specific class.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

I still have the hope that WG is learning something everytime a broken patch is released. So in a way, I'm happy that the AA buffs, the BSmarck and the butchering of some japanese DDs all happened this year, if they take some feedback from it to 2017 it will be awesome.

If not I will just remove myself to the new PvE mode, where ships can perform the roles intended for their specific class.

Consider that stolen!

Members
4,608 posts

Considering what we got over the past year, including a lot of premiums and 5 new tech tree lines (and a half a line with IJN DDs), I think with the continued interest in the game we will probably see something similar next year.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I look forward to whatever is in store for the game.

This must be a new thing, never seen a Game Developer feel the need to Set a Calander for a year. Why can't we just enjoy what we get when we get it?

KM Destroyers, that's what's next.

You're not familiar with release calendars? I think they're pretty common. Lets people know what to expect and builds hype.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,137 posts
12,568 battles

If WG has learned anything, by your account, I would think they'd limit clans to Team Battles, keep them separate from Randoms.

No objection to clans putting 3-person divisions in Random, though one exploit I saw in my last pvp Tera guild is sync queuing. They can get in the same match this way, and if on opposite teams, use something like TS to coordinate throwing the match. For example, we'd have two full groups (5 players each) sync queue for a pvp mode called Corsair's Stronghold, and if we got on opposite teams, the premade on defense would man the defense cannons and let their clanmates pass through for a quick win.

Without a recording of their voice chat or video from one of the clan submitted, it's very tough to persuade the ticket staff that yes, this clan has exploited sync queues and thrown matches.

New member in Fog, and from their rules, it seems they have a zero-tolerance policy on throwing any matches--which I'm grateful for--but I'm sure there are other clans without that standard. They will be less likely to resist using exploits and other unfair means to win.

[402]
Beta Testers
5 posts
11,620 battles

Gomez may be right.

I played in clans in FPS games like Medal of Honor. Eventually the games died because the average guy, that doesn't want to be in a clan, gets pounded. He wants to feel like he has a decent chance to win. I commanded a platoon of 13 guy's (They were all true "killers" in the game.) in a clan that had at that time over 260 committed MoH players. (OBC, they now have over 1800 members) As part of the clan I was also a part of the Special Forces team that played official matches against other clans. We butchered the average public players to the point they never came back. We had a heck of a good time and thought it was pretty funny anyone would join in a game with us but after a while we had noone to play matches against except ourselves and other clans. Hardly fun for non clan personnel and those not wanting to be part of a clan. If that disparity appears in WOWS, public players may just move on, including some devoted players that play now. A possible solution may be that clan players play in a different game mode. Like Clan Battles instead of Random or COOP. Something that equalizes game play. The disparity is just beginning to show with joining a squad during a match now. Also, possibly showing clans favoritism outside of the normal rewards just seems wrong for those of us not wanting to join a clan.

Edited by WarLycan

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Here is some info from Sub_Octavian posted a day ago, regarding the 2017 news. Maybe this will alleviate some of your concerns..

1. The list provided is only a part of plans, so if something isn't there, it may be coming anyways. We just had to pick stuff. For example CV improvement is 100% in the 2017 roadmap. But on WGF we concentrated on new features, for the sake of interesting presentation.

2. Yes, VMF DD sub-branch. Other lines will come too, including more splits. Don't worry - we did German BBs, we did RN cruisers, alternative IJN DDs, now we're doing German DDs..it's not like we're doing only Soviet ships here. But they are important for us and I don't see why they shouldn't be. We respect history, including our naval heritage.

Edited by Cobraclutch