Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dionkraft

Damage awards: Bismarck vs Tripiz

10 comments in this topic

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

I had been grinding my way up to the Bismarck using the Scharnhorst and Tripiz as with max amt of signals to accomplish just that. After buying the Bizmarck I find out that even with signals flags and camo I have been

in negative credit territory almost every battle!  I mean its -15k, -25k  and continues. I am somewhat perplexed as to WHY there is such a difference in numbers between the Terpitz and the Bizmarck. 

I mean my game play has not changed other than no torps on the Bizmarck.  It seems like all this work amounted to a big waste of time/money.  I have read the forum on this subject and it seems the math on tier 8 and above is pretty brutal of you don't accomplish a min amount of damage for starters.  I guess I am not meeting that min amount of level so it seems.  Well - i I sell the Biz it looks like at least a 50% loss. Guess I will keep it around for training purposes..LOL!

Edited by dionkraft

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Don't premium ships get a reduced repair cost? 

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Bismarck has a huge credit cost as a non-premium T8.  Tirpitz has decreased and increased credit gain.

But bismarck seems to be doing better in game. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Yes, that coupled with higher credit earnings means higher net gain.

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

If I remember right..that is mentioned in their info to promote their "Premium" type ships....I think your probably right...let me do some more investigating...mucho thanks...

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Credits at T8 isn't so bad, you should be able to profit with the Bismark running premium consumables unless you just get detonated at the start of the match or something.

[ANK-A]
Alpha Tester
166 posts
8,838 battles

Tirpitz is a premium which means it makes more credits and costs less to repair than a standard ship

That being said I have no problems making money in the Bismarck. Is it a little harder? Yes. Is possible yes! The premium camo also helps a lot for the Bis as well

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

I want to thank EVERYONE who has posted and made me understand a lot more fully how the game metrics of damage credit/debits is calculated.

Wish everyone the safest of Holidays and a Happy and prosperous NEW YEARS for the many continuing years ahead as well. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Oh, and another thing. Playing T8s in Coop is not going to give you any credit gains. Play the Bismarck in Random and you can see that it gives credits.

THANKS for the tip - I played CO_OP just for a test drive and came out with some disasterous negative credits! LOL!   I will take your advice and go with Random and see.  Best of Holidays...

Sign in to follow this