Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KDEstroy

Running the game in linux

6 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
1,466 battles

Hi , I have been playing World of Warships for a few weeks now in my linux machine , through playonlinux, and the game has been running fine, except for a few graphical glitches. Sometimes, when the game starts and it's raining, every ship turns neon pink and red , and sparkles like christmas lights. After a while the rain stops, and the ships turn back to normal. This doesn't really affect gameplay, it's just really annoying. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

[TLBOP]
Members
17 posts
20,868 battles

Sorry but my linux machines are old and can't run this game. All that I can suggest to you is go to wine hq and check to see if anyone else has tried the game.

[BOTES]
Members
72 posts
10,696 battles

I gave up and dual-boot again quite literally just for World of Warships (and Tanks, sometimes) though for me it was just getting about half the FPS as I would running it in windows. I could try reinstalling it and see if I get the same error over Christmas but I wouldn't put too much faith in my fiddling around with WINE settings. 

According to a Q&A at WG Fest a Linux client could be developed in the "Distant Future". It's nice to know it's on the to-do list somewhere but it sounds much less encouraging than "soon"

Members
1,853 posts
13,940 battles

I'm running under Linux on an Intel NUC w/i5-6260U and integrated graphics using PlayonLinux.

I've had one failure involving the mouse when I was still running it Full-Screen.  Since going to Windowed, I have not had any issues due to the software/OS configuration.

I will be interested to see what happens when I build a real system.

Members
1,853 posts
13,940 battles

I'm not sure which change killed it, but I am no longer able to use Wine to play WoWS.

I updated from Ubuntu 16.10 to 17.04 earlier this month.  I have been unable to launch the client since.  It doesn't appear to be just the kernel version as I tried using the previously working version.

I decided to not spend a lot of time trying to find the problem as I was building a new system.  That new system is now set up to run Linux and Windows.

I am quite disappointed as I hadn't needed Windows in three years.

Sign in to follow this