You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Sp1d3r_

Reported As Bot?

45 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

I'm just curious, this is in the reporting a player.  But what can a bot really do?  Are there still bots?  And how can you know that its a bot or just a dumb player?

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

Personally I haven't seen nearly as many bots here as in WOT, but it looks like players who actually do nothing in this game get zero XP, whereas in WOT you can get some for doing nothing.

I have used it, mostly to report players who run into borders at game start, or who just sail ahead in a straight line until they hit some ground or they're sunk.

I've also used it on players who stay in the Cap/starting area all game and just snipe from there.

I don't think it has any more effect here though than in WoT, there the only players who really got banned as bots (imo) were players who never spent money on premium vehicles or time. I think once you do that you're faiyrl safe from getting 

banned as a bot.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Apparently, If said "bot" was reported before and are constantly reported for Bot, WG will look into it.

People that are AFK, appear to be AFK, or are purposefully not doing anything can be sanctioned by WG, if WG deems the player is a consistent problem.

or, at least, that's what I was told how it works.

So if you suspect any bots, AFK or poor sports (like CV suicide), do report them and encourage your team to report them.

Edited by MrDeaf

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

Apparently, If said "bot" was reported before and are constantly reported for Bot, WG will look into it.

People that are AFK, appear to be AFK, or are purposefully not doing anything can be sanctioned by WG, if WG deems the player is a consistent problem.

Yes, I over all understand the need for it.  But seriously, are there even bots being introduced to the game?  I mean ok, lets say a player had to exit the game for some reason or another, all I can report them as is a bot.  They aren't a bot, just a player that had something come up.  Seems like being reported as a bot or afk should be two different meanings.

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

the only time i rember bots REALLY being a problem was the 'uchiha family' who had 2000+ games, sailed boradside on to everything, and had only been around for 1 week.

Members
36 posts
7,239 battles

I just stumbled across this, & am very glad I did, because it concerns a problem I have found since recently joining...(beginning of Dec, so I am still a noob). How do you go about reporting...or would it even be fair to report people on your team who simply refuse to play. There are two sides to this tricky issue, yes, I am very well aware of it.

There is the one side that says:...

It is their time, their money (should they be a "buying" player. I personally am a "freebie" player), let them choose to play the game as they see fit.

The other side (which is the side that I see this issue as a problem):

When people refuse to fight or play with/as a team, if you lose the battles, you not only lose as a team, but it also affects YOUR gaming points & averages. Now, if I wanted some really crappy scores, points, averages, I would sit as well & let the "die hards" shoot up the enemy, or get shot up themselves. But I'm not going to do that. I AM one of those diehards who, no matter what I get into in life, be it gaming, work, or simply life itself, I am a "TAKE NO PRISONERS" type of man. I must apologize if my character offends people, it's just the way I have been all my life. This is a team game. People from all walks of life know this when they sign onto WOW or WOT, or WOA. It takes teamwork to defeat the enemy. When you have people just sitting in the back quadrants of the game board, waiting on the victory...but victory ain't coming because you choose to "sit the bench"....it gets quite frustrating.So...here is MY question....when is Wargaming, or whatever the name of this company  is, going to do something about the benchsitters? OR perhaps, better yet.....WHAT will they do? I have an idea....instead of GAINING points....How about they start POINT DEDUCTIONS? THEN maybe those who sign on TO play WILL play, otherwise they won't be able to "purchase" that next new shiny item their ship needs. Just a suggestion from a "getting very frustrated very quickly new player".

Edited by James_PNut_B

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Yes, I over all understand the need for it.  But seriously, are there even bots being introduced to the game?  I mean ok, lets say a player had to exit the game for some reason or another, all I can report them as is a bot.  They aren't a bot, just a player that had something come up.  Seems like being reported as a bot or afk should be two different meanings.

You should have seen the masses of CV bots and Iowa bots

I think there are now Bismarck and FDG bots running around, but not in great numbers, unlike the CV and Iowa bots.

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

I'm just saying, we are people and players.  Things come up, you have to get away from the game, maybe for a min, but enough to miss the game after it started. You were just AFK with no way of responding if someone asked 'are you a bot' but you will get reported as one. 

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,134 battles

I'll only report for 'botting' if a player is AFK the entire game.  I suspect some may be playing the odds and putting their ships in as many games as possible knowing they will win around 50% of the time.  A few months ago there were obvious indications of CV bots (forget the details).  Also months ago, I used to see low-tier ships that would enter the game, steam at constant mid- or full-power, and shoot randomly in all directions.  I haven't seen the CV or low-tier botting in several months, however.

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

I'll only report for 'botting' if a player is AFK the entire game.  I suspect some may be playing the odds and putting their ships in as many games as possible knowing they will win around 50% of the time.  A few months ago there were obvious indications of CV bots (forget the details).  Also months ago, I used to see low-tier ships that would enter the game, steam at constant mid- or full-power, and shoot randomly in all directions.  I haven't seen the CV or low-tier botting in several months, however.

Ok, so that answers it a bit more.  You've seen well have you say, what you think you saw was a 'bot' steam ahead, no turning? and still shooting. and knew it was a bot?  Or just a dumb player finishing some mission by just needing to play one round to complete the final task? Not caring if they win or lose, cause the mission doesn't require an outcome of the battle.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I'm just saying, we are people and players.  Things come up, you have to get away from the game, maybe for a min, but enough to miss the game after it started. You were just AFK with no way of responding if someone asked 'are you a bot' but you will get reported as one. 

WG claims to only look into it, if it is a constant problem on the account.

Like, I doubt they will do 1AFK out of every 50 games, but they might do something about 1AFK out of every 10 games.

IDK if there is a cutoff ratio, but it's claimed they do this with real people reviewing the data.

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
14,816 battles

Ok here is a video of a Supertester that is using a bot program

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

The slow load issue is causing a LOT of false reports though. It's a ridiculous issue that they have completely failed to fix.

[PZM]
Beta Testers
44 posts
7,057 battles

Had a bot in a game the other night, from what i could tell the bot puts the ship in to a full steam ahead hard turn to port with the guns locked onto a bearing, the ship being used was a Bismark.

So that way if someone approached the Bismark they would usually get hit by at least one secondary shell. Im not sure how much XP that would earn you but if you had it set to constantly select Battle on while you slept you could theoretically get a decent amount of XP while doing nothing assuming you dont care about your stats.

so for example if you went out for 12 hours and left it you would at minimum have "played" 36 games. And if you got 500xp per game (just a guess) you would earn at minimum 18000 xp. if each game only went for 10 mins you could net yourself 36000xp.

Not saying you would earn that much but its just a theory of how the specific bot i encountered might work.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

The problem is, where is the software?

Bot programs don't hide. They are out there in the open and VERY easy to find. You Google them and there they all are and yours for a fee instantly.

Except for WoWS. There isn't one I can find anywhere.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

People from all walks of life know this when they sign onto WOW or WOT, or WOA. 

That also applies to the expectations of your teammates.

People from all walks of life play these games. The level of competitive spirit runs the full spectrum, from take no prisoners to alt-tabbing and online chatting whenever not actually firing guns.

It may be annoying, but look at it this way: for every match you lose mainly because your teammates are "idiots", you win one because an enemy player is making that same complaint.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

WG claims to only look into it, if it is a constant problem on the account.

Like, I doubt they will do 1AFK out of every 50 games, but they might do something about 1AFK out of every 10 games.

IDK if there is a cutoff ratio, but it's claimed they do this with real people reviewing the data.

It's probably automated, once there's enough reports, the routine then checks for patterns (a bunch of reports in 2 days during the span of a week, with few/no reports any other time, looks more like temporary internet issues) then checks damage or XP stats. If it comes up with a consistent period of heavy reporting, combined with low damage/XP, then the account is flagged for human examination.

That's my guess anyway. So if somebody plays regularly, but bots maybe 1 or 2 nights a week over the same time period that they would normally play, they might not get caught.

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

The good side of this game not making the masses. Less cheats.

But with less players. The ones who do make the cheat programs wont make it as available.

And the rarity of a hacker making hacks or re engineering them. Makes any real hack worth money.

If this game had 800k players this past weekend playing on one server. We would see alot of cheats.

And the lack of clans and monetary value in game play atm lessens the cheaters.

But theres cheats out there. Many different kinds.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

The problem is, where is the software?

Bot programs don't hide. They are out there in the open and VERY easy to find. You Google them and there they all are and yours for a fee instantly.

Except for WoWS. There isn't one I can find anywhere.

Good point.