You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

arizona anygood in this MM?

13 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Yes. Arizona is an amazing ship, even against tier 8s.

Members
1,819 posts

MM destroyers tier 5/6

I would avoid, I thought seriously about it, and just got the Anshan, win or lose, its still good because of its bonuses. Arizona.... I wouldnt trust a 6 to win in the current meta.

And you will be up tiered for 2/3 or more of your games.

Edited by Kconvey_1

Members
4,608 posts

I can hold my own.  Its even better when I'm in the Dunkerque.  Had a few people laugh over that, at least until I end up 1st.

Members
924 posts
6,707 battles

I really enjoy my AZ. She dose suffer a little bit when up tierd but what ship dosent? Her 12 14in guns are a threat to a CA of any tier and she can still shave 12k off a broadside tier 8 BB. 

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

being a tier 6 and constantly end up in tier 8 matches is it even worth buying the Arizona?

the arizona can handle tier 8's..shes a very good ship

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles

For me the Arizona does exactly what her NA WS stats say, She has a slightly higher than average win rate gets good damage and xp. She is however a not very fun ship for me to play. She is slow and gets left behind almost every battle. The other team always targets her with at least 5 and usually more ships. The guns and rudder are so slow they can't swing fast enough to shoot a DD that is coming in for an easy 1 km torpedo thrashing. She is a favorite target for aircraft carriers. She can take a ton of damage and while she is doing that your team can get some really good citadels on the enemy team. Her salvos although right on target seem to surround the enemy ship instead of connecting. At close range they over penetrate dd's no matter if it's he or ap. I have her, she is pretty in port, she has above average stats, but for me she is a clunky slow tank and a magnet for torps and adds a lot of HP to the enemy HP count. She is boring.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Let me put it this way -

Fought against one when just released, my Tirpitz and a tier 7 or NC were hammering one and it wasn't till he got in torp range of me he went down.

I have seen them survive with relatively light damage an entire strike Lexington assault.

I got one today, was top tier in my first match and got 100k damage or their about and a kraken.

Had a bottom tier match, pushed forward with team, team suddenly chickened out, Still got within 2 km of a stopped Bismarck that was firing at me, along with 2 other BB's, a couple cruisers, and I think a DD.

Only issue I've had, other than like all other not tier 8 BB's in USN it's slow, is that match where basically half their team has to focus me to kill me, I was getting pens that seemingly did noting. no damage, no modules came up damaged/destroyed. But when I didn't have that issue, I was punching through Bismarcks armour. It can hold well enough against tier 8, woe be unto any cruiser in it's gun range in a match with few/no DD's when it's top tier.

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,127 battles

If you play your ship according to what tier game you are in, you can still be competitive.  There have been several games when I was low tier and figured, "well, this game is going to suck"...only to end up at the top of the team.  Manage your strategy, and you may find your enemies ignoring your harder, low-tier, less dangerous target...while you ravage them for damage and kills.

Edited by desmo_2

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,156 battles

I am a new-ish player.  I bought the Konig Albert and the AZ to go along with the Texas and Diana that I got through the referral program.

I've played 6 games in the Arizona so far, all being low tier.  Got my butt handed to me in one, did meh in four, and in the last one I did 99K damage. About 85K of that damage was on a pair of Tirpitz that didn't take me very seriously with other threats from my team around.  With angling and improving aim, I am very confident she will hold her own and contribute when low tier.  She can tank damage when angled properly and has punchy guns on broadside - even against Tier VIII's.