You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

What ship do you use to farm Krakens in?

18 comments in this topic

Members
2,066 posts
23,625 battles

Been having great success using Kaiser and the Konig lately. Kaiser for obvious reasons Konig even with the MM change is still the ship I fell most comfortable at tier 5. Just wondering what your success is and maybe why? Thanks

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,651 battles

Nothing apparently. I haven't gotten a Kraken since November but I've lost track of how many 4-kill games I've had. :(

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,582 battles

Isokaze? I got one in each of the low tier brittish cruisers first game.... those are the easiest I have found. Too boring tho.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

You sure about that? ^^

​You can get the achievement multiple times per day, but you can only get 10 flags for it every 24 hours.

Okay, yes, you can only get the reward once a day, so  again,   Who farms Krakens?  to make your  Achievement go up that gives you nothing but a once a day set of flags?
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Farming Krakens means you are more concerned about your stats, than your team....Kraken's can happen for a good game, farming them means you're holding back fire to make sure you get the final blow in....You see it a lot on games now, but it's not exactly about team work....

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,632 battles

Okay, yes, you can only get the reward once a day, so  again,   Who farms Krakens?  to make your  Achievement go up that gives you nothing but a once a day set of flags?

gotcha

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,127 battles

Farming Krakens means you are more concerned about your stats, than your team....Kraken's can happen for a good game, farming them means you're holding back fire to make sure you get the final blow in....You see it a lot on games now, but it's not exactly about team work....

Ehhh...you are being rather judgmental.

Yeah, some people probably hold their fire hoping for the final kill shot.  I wouldn't come close to lumping all Kraken winners in that category, however.  I don't think your definition of 'farming' is what the OP meant.  Let's try reading the question in the light of fun game play, rather than selfish, dark 'look at me' stat mongering.  Looking at my stats, I have earned 42 Krakens since the achievement was a thing (and several more before).  I never, NEVER hold my fire looking for the money kill shot.

So, to the OP's question...I don't know how to look up what ships I have had the most 5+ kills in, but I am guessing #1 would probably be Kamikaze R, Clemson at #2, and probably Kuma #3.  I have earned Krakens at higher tiers, but they do come easier at T4-5.  Call me a seal clubber, if you must!  :hiding:

Members
1,684 posts
20,011 battles

I don't farm them, but I got two in my Fujin before MM nerfed it,

I have three in my murmansk, and I have maybe two in the akizuki.

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,127 battles

but I got two in my Fujin before MM nerfed it

No such thing.  With 6 km detection and 7 km torps, Fujin and Kamikaze do just fine in higher tiers.

Members
319 posts
5,590 battles

I've been lucky enough to be awarded the Kracken achievement a few times, most often in my Clemson.

My focus is on doing whatever I can do to secure the win for my team.   

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Farming krakens? I've only gotten it twice and before Kraken was introduced I'd only gotten five kills three times before that.