You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boomax77

Oh, REALLY WG? - More fantasy Russian Paper ships

25 comments in this topic

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

So in the 2017 preview... it that says we're getting more soviet destroyers, and still neither the US cruiser tree split, or second BB line, aren't even on the horizon?

I'm really starting to get sick of these fantasy Soviet paper ships.. Japanese + Americans, and even the Germans and Brits, are in desperate need of premiums, and yet WG keeps churning out Russian ships that never existed...

Edited by AnderZENZ_IowaClass
  • Cool 2

Members
58 posts

Well you are right. Only answer I see is to move clear away from Authenticity and see this game as clearly Russian with as expected a Russian bias. If Wargamming actually lived up  to this as well  id be happy .....but they don't . All I do is go into game and have as much fun as possible truth be said. Has nothing to do with winning or losing .

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

It'd be a different story if the Russian Premiums were high(ish) tier good trainers or credit earners, but literally all but 3 are t2-5, and have no real talent. Murmansk got completely destroyed, Krasny Krym was a joke, Diana and Aurora are reskins of Palladas...

And I'm glad WG is releasing a ship with a name that summarizes the whole Russian Line :D (ok maybe I'm being a bit brutal lol)

Edited by AnderZENZ_IowaClass
  • Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

just because they don't announce something doesn't mean they aren't going to do it. they've released several lines this year already, and they're about to release another. they only announced one line of ships in that announcement, which means there are a few more in the works that they haven't said anything about. the ships will come. complaining will not get them here any faster. now unbunch your panties and relax.

[TWICE]
Members
265 posts
7,598 battles

How can they be fantasy if they at least exist as blueprints, Roon and Hindenburg are fantasy ships, no one complains about them, but i somewhat get what you mean OP.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Well, they have to do something to prove they deserve their grant money from the russian government. Also, if they only release DDs, it kinda makes sense since that's all the russian "navy" consisted of. It was a coast guard made up of DDs, nothing more.

Do I think they /should/ add more? No, I don't think the russians should be in the game at all since they played no part in any naval action except acting as target practice for the Japanese at the battle of Tsushima.

How can they be fantasy if they at least exist as blueprints, Roon and Hindenburg are fantasy ships, no one complains about them, but i somewhat get what you mean OP.

It's hardly fair to compare two paper ships vs at least half of the entire russian tree being paper.
  • Cool 1

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

All 3 were actually built.

Skoryy-class "Smelyl" 1949 70 built

Neustrashimy: 1952 1 built

Project 56 aka Kotlin-class: 1955. 27 built.

All 3: 2x2 130mm guns, 2x5 torpedo tubes. Probably going to be torpedo-centric line.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Taking bets on how many Stoopids ™ will post about "fantasy ships" without bothering to google what those new DDs are... :popcorn:

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

All 3 were actually built.

Skoryy-class "Smelyl" 1949

Neustrashimy: 1952

Project 56 aka Kotlin-class: 1955.

All 3: 2x2 130mm guns, 2x5 torpedo tubes. Probably going to be torpedo-centric line.

Yes, but adding such ships doesn't make many happy, mostly considering most really wanted a US Cruiser or BB split or maybe some premiums rather than...Split Soviet DDs. If there are those who do, sooner rather than later, they are likely the tiniest minority. At least on NA. 

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

It'd be a different story if the Russian Premiums were high(ish) tier good trainers or credit earners, but literally all but 3 are t2-5, and have no real talent. Murmansk got completely destroyed, Krasny Krym was a joke, Diana and Aurora are reskins of Palladas...

And I'm glad WG is releasing a ship with a name that summarizes the whole Russian Line :D (ok maybe I'm being a bit brutal lol)

Not sure what you're doing wrong but Murmansk is still an amazing credit earner. I even got a kraken on her couple days ago. She is amazing! Molotov is amazing, but Krasny Krym is a joke indeed.

Edited by geser98

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yes, but adding such ships doesn't make many happy, mostly considering most really wanted a US Cruiser or BB split or maybe some premiums rather than...Split Soviet DDs. If there are those who do, sooner rather than later, they are likely the tiniest minority. At least on NA. 

Everyone complains about how many fantasy ships there are in the Russian lines. So they added some real ships. Now everyone complains that they're adding...three whole ships, that they probably have easy access to.
  • Cool 1

Members
58 posts

hmm  where is the defense for a nation that lacked anything credible during and before ww2? The ships we are talking about are from the cold war era and  the soviet navy were never ever tested regarding the quality of their ships period. They might as well have been paper ships. no popcorn

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

Everyone complains about how many fantasy ships there are in the Russian lines. So they added some real ships. Now everyone complains that they're adding...three whole ships, that they probably have easy access to.

No, not of the Russian ships themselves, but the fact that they came sooner than ships that likely matter more to people. Do you know how much time it takes to research, model, color/shade, etc for a ship in World of Warships? Some time, and time (I say) better spent on ships of the want sooner, rather than making ships of the lesser want now. 

Members
1,247 posts
6,540 battles

neither the US cruiser tree split, or second BB line, aren't even on the horizon?

You seem to think that we all want more american ships. I'd much rather see a French or Italian line before any new american ships.

I also enjoy playing the Russian lines a lot more than the US ones, so I'm actually happy to see more fun ships to play.

In the end, what's important is that they are working on new ships to bring to the game. More US ships are bound to happen, just be patient and enjoy what they give us.

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

Anyone that complains about Russian ships being added to the game before other lines ever stop to consider that Russian boats are probably the easiest designs for WG to acquire?

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

Anyone that complains about Russian ships being added to the game before other lines ever stop to consider that Russian boats are probably the easiest designs for WG to acquire?

That's the thing. I'd love to see a decent American T8 premium cruiser, but this is (for all intents and purposes) a Russian designed game, played mostly by Russian players.

If it was an American game, I'd assume we'd have a huge variety of American ships, IJN ships if it was a Japanese game, German ships if it was a German game. 

These ships existed, no reason for them not to be in the game.

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

That's the thing. I'd love to see a decent American T8 premium cruiser, but this is (for all intents and purposes) a Russian designed game, played mostly by Russian players.

If it was an American game, I'd assume we'd have a huge variety of American ships, IJN ships if it was a Japanese game, German ships if it was a German game. 

These ships existed, no reason for them not to be in the game.

The main audience isn't what I'm getting at though. Since it's a Russian designed game, they (the development studio) have a much easier time accessing designs, blueprints, records, and archives for Russian Navy ships than they do for any other nation. Just look at how long it took to get a British line in the game, and the RN BBs are still in development(supposedly, they had trouble gaining access to the British archives to obtain blueprints and stuff to model the British ships).

They really don't have a reason(other than maybe popular demand, which did get us KM BBs and RN cruisers before more RU boats) to not release Russian ships because for WG(and the developers for this game), those designs are the easiest to acquire.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

just because they don't announce something doesn't mean they aren't going to do it. they've released several lines this year already, and they're about to release another. they only announced one line of ships in that announcement, which means there are a few more in the works that they haven't said anything about. the ships will come. complaining will not get them here any faster. now unbunch your panties and relax.

How often do you rub the brown off your nose?

Russian premium DD's, tiers 2 to 5, soon to be released.

So what?

The ones tier 4 or below will have NO effect on anything as they will NEVER see anything above tier 5,

and EVERYTHING that happens contest wise is tier 6 or above for the good prizes.

And a tier 5 DD, premium or not, will be facing tier 7 everything for most of it's games, very little impact there.

WoW obviously needs some Christmas shopping money,

so they are going to release some low end premiums which will probably interest only the DD collectors,

who nearly killed each other trying to get Smith's and Tachibana's.

I would have rather them released either the French or Italian line of ANYTHING, but maybe they both needed more work.

(oh, geser98, I am happy you re having good games in your Murmansk, but what posters are saying is she used to be MUCH better. and she was.)

I just wish WoW would model all the ships other people built that the Russians ended up with after BOTH wars, LOL.

(Proud Soviet Navy, built God knows where by God knows who and got here God knows how.)

((but, being good communists, we don't believe in God, so meh; whatever!))

Edited by Umikami

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

How often do you rub the brown off your nose?

Russian premium DD's, tiers 2 to 5, soon to be released.

So what?

The ones tier 4 or below will have NO effect on anything as they will NEVER see anything above tier 5,

and EVERYTHING that happens contest wise is tier 6 or above for the good prizes.

And a tier 5 DD, premium or not, will be facing tier 7 everything for most of it's games, very little impact there.

WoW obviously needs some Christmas shopping money,

so they are going to release some low end premiums which will probably interest only the DD collectors,

who nearly killed each other trying to get Smith's and Tachibana's.

I would have rather them released either the French or Italian line of ANYTHING, but maybe they both needed more work.

(oh, geser98, I am happy you re having good games in your Murmansk, but what posters are saying is she used to be MUCH better. and she was.)

I just wish WoW would model all the ships other people built that the Russians ended up with after BOTH wars, LOL.

(Proud Soviet Navy, built God knows where by God knows who and got here God knows how.)

how often do you rub the dirt from your eyes?

the announcement says something about a Russian DD tech tree split. it says nothing about premiums. or tiers. it gives 3 ships and says expect ships like them.

you might want to double check what you're saying before you say it.

Members
383 posts

According to Wiki they all had 2x2 130mm guns (4 total barrels) and two 5 launcher torpedoes. They are probably larger than war time DDs so they shouldn't conceal well.  Like you guys said I think they are torpedo boats by I don't know what the range would be for the 21 inch.  

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

how often do you rub the dirt from your eyes?

the announcement says something about a Russian DD tech tree split. it says nothing about premiums. or tiers. it gives 3 ships and says expect ships like them.

you might want to double check what you're saying before you say it.

They are all low tiered, and tech tree split, premiums, or whatever they will have no impact on the game at all.

Check all the facts you want; it doesn't change crying into anything else.

(for a game about bold captains charging ahead the player population here gets scared every time WoW announces it took a dump)

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

They are all low tiered, and tech tree split, premiums, or whatever they will have no impact on the game at all.

Check all the facts you want; it doesn't change crying into anything else.

(for a game about bold captains charging ahead the player population here gets scared every time WoW announces it took a dump)

it doesn't say anything about them being low tiered. where are you even getting this? they were built after WW2, meaning they're likely to be high tiered.

do you even know what anyone here is talking about? because most of what you're saying just comes off as babbling.