You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Tech_Geek

Game freezes on Intel integrated graphics

18 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
5,882 battles

Hey guys so I have been trying a ton of things to fix this issue but no luck yet.  I really wanted to make sure I tried everything I could think of before posting this.  But ever since I updated my Dell E7240 to patch 0.5.14 the game has been for the most part unplayable.  Basically what happens is I will launch the game and login but most of the time as soon as I enter the port the game freezes up.  Every now and again I can get it to let me last for a few minutes but it will inevitably freeze. 

The computer has an i74600u with intel integrated graphics 4400 16gb of ram and its the only game on the 240gb ssd.  I have tried a repair on the game files and a full reinstall.  I have even turned the graphics down to their lowest settings. Still freezes every time. I have waited a few patches to see if this gets addressed but nothing yet.  Its not a huge deal for me as I usually play on my desktop but every now and again I would like to sit back and relax on the couch while playing some WoWS.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so were you able to get it resolved and get the game back to working?

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles

Integrated graphics are crap for game playing.  When more and better graphics are added - integrated solutions can't keep up.

Members
383 posts

Intel's website does not list WOWS as a supported game.  It does list WOT but not ships. Will that laptop accept a graphics card? You might be out of luck.

[ANK-A]
Alpha Tester
166 posts
8,838 battles

I'm currently on a laptop with and intel i5 and intel family integrated 4400 as well and am not having these problems. 25 avg fps

Honestly I do not know what would cause it. Are you sure you are running the latest drivers?

Edited by Di5l3cKx1C_Tw1nk13

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

Had a similar problem on a desktop with an GTX1070 GPU since the last patch.  Game would load into port and after 30 seconds or so the screen would go black and I would have to go to Windows Task Manager,  stop the game and reload.  Then it worked fine.

Members
573 posts
1,465 battles

Now as far as i remember about intel graphic cards.

yNwZ4Bj.gif

But jokes aside, did you check if the Anti-Aliasing was enabled by any chance?

• Cool 2

[KIA-T]
Members
198 posts
7,575 battles

This happened to me when i played on my old pc, just go to the BIOS and set DVMT memory to max and memory size to 128 or higher.

also, with 16gb ram you're obviously using windows 64 bit right?

Members
3,929 posts
20,924 battles

Its my backup laptop for when i feel like just chilling on the couch

I'm not really clear. Did you or did you not check the flux capacitor?

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

I'm not really clear. Did you or did you not check the flux capacitor?

He's probably getting a tachyon pulse in it.

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles

Is it just me, or does the topic and player name seem.....divergent? :hmm:

Literally the first thing I noticed.