You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Subarachnoid

Please Nerf the Handicap

8 comments in this topic

[2GOOD]
Members
23 posts
17,275 battles

I dunno about how many of you guys have had this happen: after a match, the game gives you a rare prompt asking "How would you rate your recent game?" (its paraphrased).  I've always answered honestly because I do have good experiences with this game, that's why I keep spending my money on it and I do like a challenge.  But it got me to thinking, why ask someone who keeps spending money?  Is there a hidden handicap built into the game that nerfs a player if he's too good?  Why are my shots on point, but ships sail untouched through the barrage 90%+ of the time?  Are the two connected?  The barrages are auto-generated based on a few factors, sure.  But if my shots are on target, why is the spread so often perfect for the opposing ships to skate through, and why when I do hit all I see is about a 1000-2000 pts? 

So I tried rating a bad experience the worst on the scale the next time I was prompted with it.  It was genuinely a bad one that made me want to log off and go do something else so this was the perfect opportunity.  I entered another match after rating the experience [edited]and the next several hits I had on target didn't bounce, didn't hit for low score, didn't seemingly disappear - they hit, and they hit big.  Citadel and magazine shots from 5-16km from my North Carolina. 

Look I understand that there has to be a handicap in order to level the playing field or balance gameplay for everyone in both PvE and PvP, but can we have that max turned down just notch or a thousand?  (seriously annoying playing repeated matches with no solid hits or kills through no fault of my own)  Please?  For the love of the fans? 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,409 battles

this is all a figment of your imagination Aim well more often and you will hit more often

Members
2,334 posts
6,897 battles

No the game does not view players differently. Do not go down the conspiracy theory road.:facepalm:

[2GOOD]
Members
23 posts
17,275 battles

Thanks for your valuable input fellas, but I put this post in feedback where it belongs. 

ADMINS, my apologies, my mistake, please remove this thread.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Even if what you say is true, and if I seem doubtful I am, WG will NEVER EVER admit to it. What you are probably experiencing is the Random Number Generator. Just how "random" it is is anyone's guess. WG will feed you a bunch of mumbo-jumbo about how it works, and the fanboys will swallow that hook, line and stinker. But we really don't know and WG sure isn't gonna give out real details. Just mark down crappy games as being crappy games and move on. Like everyone else, you will have good days and bad days. I prefer to think it's the Russian's way of payback for them losing the Cold War. :D

[PVE]
Members
12,063 posts
21,291 battles

I too have perfect shots that leave the enemy untouched. Have you ever noticed that they miss you also? It's most aggravating when I am in a battle ship. I usually fire full salvos and when your shells fully surround and miss 3 to 4 salvo's in a row, it tends to anger you a little bit. I feel that this, however maddening, is one of the more realistic aspects of this game. If there was a handicap there wouldn't be any Unicum players. We would all be hovering at around 50%. I do think that there are some illegal mods out there, but that would be a different topic and I don't think there are as many of those that you might think anyway. Not only do I think that there is no handicap. I am fairly sure that the MM does not take into account win ratings and other statistics. Random number generator is like flipping a coin. It does not always come up on the side that you call. If you are interested I do have a machine that will protect you from contrails.

Edited by Sovereigndawg