You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Unabletony

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,638 battles

Interesting. Anyone have any information on the tiering and capabilities of the Russian destroyers?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Interesting. Anyone have any information on the tiering and capabilities of the Russian destroyers?

No clue, but the project 56 destroyer was built between 1956 and 1958. She wasn't even a thought before, during or right after the war. She was designed well after the war.

Members
672 posts
2,946 battles

No clue, but the project 56 destroyer was built between 1956 and 1958. She wasn't even a thought before, during or right after the war. She was designed well after the war.

Fair, Balanced, and Unbiased.

:sceptic:

[O_O]
Members
7,886 posts
22,012 battles

If this is an indication of a creep to more modern ships, I am concerned.  I am already getting the feeling of a power creep occurring as more lines are introduced.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,623 battles

I guess you can take guided missiles off of some after-war ships and put late war guns on them and call them balanced. These Russian DD's are likely gonna be high tier. Maybe Kab x 2 in power (fully balanced of course)...

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

If this is an indication of a creep to more modern ships, I am concerned.  I am already getting the feeling of a power creep occurring as more lines are introduced.

I agree. I mean, it took years for WoT to get past tanks designed in the late 40s.....

I try to give WG the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but this strikes me as ridiculous.

But whatever, we'll just keep flipping the desk over a single Tier 8 premium, and let stuff like this go with some minor grumbling.

Edited by Skpstr

[1TEX]
Members
494 posts
6,702 battles

sounds great doesn't it?

All except the part about expanding a line of fiction/post-war Russian DDs by adding even more fictional/post war Russian DDs.

To bad all the historical ships from 1910-1945 have already been added to the game. Oh, wait . . .

Edited by NimitsTexan

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

No clue about the in-game versions, but they'll probably need some sort of a gimmick in order to be interesting. Here are some stats for real ships:

Project 30bis (Smelyi): 3115t displacement (full load), 36.5 kts speed, 4 x  130mm guns (2 turrets), 2x5 torpedo launchers

Project 41 (Neustrashimy): 3830t displacement (full load), 36 kts speed, 4 x 130mm guns (2 turrets), 2x5 torpedo launchers

Project 56 : 3230t displacement (full load), 38 kts speed, 4 x 130mm guns (2 turrets), 2x5 torpedo launchers

Edit: regarding the usual "paper ships" whine:

Project 30bis - 70 ships built

Project 41 - 1 ship built (it was a prototype)

Project 56 - 27 ships built

Edited by IceSerpen7

[APOC-]
Members
117 posts
4,740 battles

I agree. I mean, it took years for WoT to get past tanks designed in the late 40s.....

I try to give WG the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but this strikes me as ridiculous.

But whatever, we'll just keep flipping the desk over a single Tier 8 premium, and let stuff like this go with some minor grumbling.

no it didn't. Type 59 and T54