You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gomez_Adams

The Molotov was dead they said. The Molotov could no longer compete they said.

85 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

I've never heard anyone say those things myself. Molotov is still a capable ship, just one that requires a delicate hand at the wheel.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

I've never heard anyone say tha\ose things myself.

Really? You must not read very much.

Molotov, early on I was able to farm kills, cits and wins. She is outclassed by the RN cruisers at her tier.

While I am aware that certain ships are capable of performing well in +2 tier matches, there are also many which are simply outclassed. The occasional +2 tier match provides a challenge, but to be constantly uptiered at a certain tier is exhausting from a player's perspective, and I do not believe it is particularly fair when it only applies to Tier 5 and 6. These two tiers contain the bulk of the player population, and contain many of our favorite ships like the Kongo, Minekaze / Fujin / Kamikaze, Texas, Warspite, Konig, Bayern, Gremyaschy, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Molotov, Murmansk, New Nexico, Fuso, Cleveland and more.

Members
816 posts

I'am with Lert on this one.  The opinion of a couple people hardly makes it fact.  And while 70k in the molotov is a good solid game its not on the earth shattering scale either.  I used her a lot in last seasons ranked only thing crap about her is the 4km range torps yet I was still somehow torping bb's with her...  so long as you don't rush straight in and keep yourself from being cit, you can rain firey death with ease, and glorious AP cits when at mid range or long range broadsided targets.

I just picked up the anshan today, 1st game in her was 137k dmg mmmmm mmmm now thats some T6 fun.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Really? You must not read very much.

Two people's opinions are hardly immutable fact. Molotov is still second in WR after only Leander and #1 on DPG in front of all other T6 cruisers on NA, and on every other cluster she leads the pack in both WR and DPG.

Not only is Molotov still competitive, she is globally the best performing T6 cruiser. Anyone arguing that she has been powercreeped to death / irrelevance has no idea what they're talking about.

• Cool 6

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

I've seen far more than that in game and out and not just here. Those were the first two in the search. I just listed them quickly to prove the point that that is what I've seen people saying.

But continue on trolling. It's about all you're good for these days.

Edited by Gomez_Adams
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

But continue on trolling. It's about all you're good for these days.

Look, I'm agreeing with you and supporting your argument that Molotov is a very good and competitive ship. Why so hostile?
  • Cool 4

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Why so misinformative? 'Molotov is dead' is hardly the majority opinion, is it. Why take the minority opinion of a few misinformed people so seriously?

Look, you had a very good game in a ship that's entirely relevant and competitive. Good job, good for you.

• Cool 4

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

And there you go again pretending you know something others don't.

The fact is that lately I've seen a lot of people say it's worthless now. That with the current MM it's outclassed. Frankly, I've seen a lot of people say that about the ENTIRE TIER, not just the Molotov.

But you come in first of all saying that you've never seen anybody say that. First off, nobody gives a crapwhat you have or haven't seen. Then I do a quick search, throw up the first two comments I see and you say, "well that's only two".

It wouldn't matter if I posted 100 you'd still come back with some full of crapremark to discredit it somehow.

Look here, hotrod: just because you're a Super Tester (and God only knows why, you're not that good) doesn't give you any insight that somebody else doesn't have. I made a simple observation based on what I've seen. Just like all the naysayers that T5 can't be played anymore.

You play solo only 56% of the time. I play solo 97% of the time. You have 6 times the experience I do yet we have about the same rating. Having your buddies carry you to the rest of your stats 44% of the time doesn't mean that if YOU don't see something then nobody else on earth sees it.

• Cool 2

[RESIN]
Beta Testers
321 posts
23,092 battles

Big deal...you had a good game... Is this a brag thread?  Wow, just looked at your stats. This was a very good game for you, congrats.

Edited by ACEpickles
  • Cool 3

Members
816 posts

Gomez, you need to relax some.  Nothing Lert said deserved that much backlash from you.  All we were saying is we hadn't seen anyone trashing the molotov and that we considered it to still be an awesome ship.  Had you linked entire threads on the topic we wouldn't have went.... uh thats two people.  But you didn't so our response was to what was put before us.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Nope. Was just proving a point that it wasn't worthless, which I've seen a lot of folks say.

I think you are missing the point of the "worthless" comments. It isn't worthless because it is a bad ship, people consider it not worth BUYING because of the horrible MM it gets (due to the changes to tiers 3-4 which means you get more matches where you see 7-8).

It is a decent/good ship, just many people consider it not worth spending real money on due to MM.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Stat-wise, she's the No. 2 performing T6 cruiser and has the highest average damage per game.

We should be talking about the poor Nurnberg (or Perth if you want to talk about a MEH premium).

Edited by CapnCappy

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Look, the dude grossly overestimates his abilities. Any time he sinks a ship or gets anything done he thinks is great, he's on here crowing about it and posting screens from his latest garbage round. Just ignore the dude, he's been a joke for awhile now, I'm surprised people even give him the time of day anymore.

He's just obstinate. Leave him be and let him have all his fantasy ideas about the game. Threads like this one should be proof enough he just believes what he wants to believe, then makes a thread about it. No biggie.

• Cool 2

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

There is nothing wrong with the Perth. Sail at 1/4 speed when you get into a fight and pop smoke. Fire at will..

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,131 battles

And there you go again pretending you know something others don't.

The fact is that lately I've seen a lot of people say it's worthless now. That with the current MM it's outclassed. Frankly, I've seen a lot of people say that about the ENTIRE TIER, not just the Molotov.

But you come in first of all saying that you've never seen anybody say that. First off, nobody gives a crapwhat you have or haven't seen. Then I do a quick search, throw up the first two comments I see and you say, "well that's only two".

It wouldn't matter if I posted 100 you'd still come back with some full of crapremark to discredit it somehow.

Look here, hotrod: just because you're a Super Tester (and God only knows why, you're not that good) doesn't give you any insight that somebody else doesn't have. I made a simple observation based on what I've seen. Just like all the naysayers that T5 can't be played anymore.

You play solo only 56% of the time. I play solo 97% of the time. You have 6 times the experience I do yet we have about the same rating. Having your buddies carry you to the rest of your stats 44% of the time doesn't mean that if YOU don't see something then nobody else on earth sees it.

:facepalm:

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,575 battles

I haven't seen this overwhelming negative response to the Molotov you are referring to. Your two whole comments of proof don't even refer to the Molotov as bad or unable to compete, they simply refer to her as outclassed (by RN cruisers in one, by "constant uptiering" in the other). Did you even bother reading them before you quoted them? Or was there just a little too much salt in your eyes?

Nope. Was just proving a point that it wasn't worthless, which I've seen a lot of folks say.

One game proves nothing.

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

Who cares.

I just finished my German BB grind through the Gene and all mid tier cruisers are getting hammered by the power creep.

Molotov can't just run around and light New York's and Furry Tacos on fire and laugh about it with impunity. They, like all other cruisers in mid tier are often outnumbered by BBs now that throat punch them on sight.