You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sharkbait_416

Steven Segal Voice

14 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

Is he saying enemy [ship type] founded?

I thought it was supposed to be "foundered."

Just a weird observation.

Members
304 posts
4,008 battles

It's Steven Seagal. I'm pretty sure the reason we can't understand him is that he had something in his mouth.

• Cool 1

Members
5,450 posts
21,027 battles

If you get tired of listening to the Tired Seagul than there is a way to mute him. And if you mute him than standard voice over takes over.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/102801-a-way-to-disable-seagal-voice-while-playing-with-seagal-captain/#topmost

Follow the link, follow the steps, and you won't have to listen to him ever again while still getting the bonuses. 

:honoring:

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

If someone has the patience, they could also rename all the Duke Nukem voice files to replace the ones the Seagal files call for, then you'd have Nukem Seagal.

Granted, I don't know if the game calls by individual files or just by folders, so I don't think just copying the Duke Nukem voice (or any other custom voice) and renaming it Seagal would work.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I'm having a lot of inconsistencies with every nation's voice no firing up when I use it, or volume being very very low (such as the French and Seagal.

Hard to make out what they are saying sometime, and I speak perfect French and almost perfect English.

I hope WG fixes that (normalize the voices' volume please.)

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

It's not so much that I'm bothered by his voice; rather, just that it seems that he mispronounced "foundered."

I'm having a lot of inconsistencies with every nation's voice no firing up when I use it, or volume being very very low (such as the French and Seagal.

Hard to make out what they are saying sometime, and I speak perfect French and almost perfect English.

I hope WG fixes that (normalize the voices' volume please.)

I've noticed this too - though I figured it was a HDD issue. Interesting that it may be common.

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

He is just so mellow about everything...

Ship on fire...mellow.

Torpedoes...mellow.

Flaming torpedoes...still mellow.

Cracks me up. He goes well on my Texas...that ship is mellow too. 

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

What I want to know is why I can't exchange Steven Segal for this much more nautically appropriate captain, Steven the Seagull.

QrAMSC5.jpg