You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Yamato_BB17

CV poll

Premium carriers  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What Carrier do you want to be implemented in WoW first?

• USS Enterprise CV-6
    • KMS Graf Zeppelin
    • IJN Shinano

24 comments in this topic

[IJN]
Members
316 posts
18,409 battles

this is my first poll. So after the CV fixes coming up in 2017 what Premium Carrier do you want in the game first?

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

shinanao while already modeled is a disaster to balance. enterprise is historically significant and holds some significance to me so i would want that first, though not until cv's are fixed. and i dont think i have ever heard of graf zepplin so i cant really comment on that.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,121 posts
30,885 battles

Enterprise was actually completed and in service from the beginning of the war and into the end, saw most of the Pacific's naval campaigns and countless combat operations, her aircraft have been part of the demise of a huge amount of IJN warships.  The other two didn't even operate as a full-fledged carrier.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DO-IT]
Members
175 posts
6,397 battles

Enterprise although Graf Zepplin was confirmed in an interview.

Members
49 posts
1,828 battles

The Grey Ghost, a badly designed support carrier carrying reserve aircraft, fuel and ordnance in support of real fleet carriers, or a paper ship. It's a tough choice.

[WWUSB]
Alpha Tester
407 posts
2,197 battles

The Grey Ghost, a badly designed support carrier carrying reserve aircraft, fuel and ordnance in support of real fleet carriers, or a paper ship. It's a tough choice.

Which one is the paper ship? all 3 were launched

Personally i'd take Shinano or Graf Zepp over the Enterprise, yes she had the most distinguished battle record out of the 3 but we already have her in the Lexington, we don't need another ship based on a ship we already have access to, should try for something unique

Tiering wise though: Shinano would be 8 or 9, Enterprise 7 or 8 and Graf Zeppelin would be 5 or 6

Edited by PotatoPeeler

Members
49 posts
1,828 battles

Which one is the paper ship? all 3 were launched

Personally i'd take Shinano or Graf Zepp over the Enterprise, yes she had the most distinguished battle record out of the 3 but we already have her in the Lexington, we don't need another ship based on a ship we already have access to, should try for something unique

Tiering wise though: Shinano would be 8 or 9, Enterprise 7 or 8 and Graf Zeppelin would be 5 or 6

Graf Zeppelin was never completed. She was a nonoperational hull that spent the war being towed from one harbor to the next before being scuttled.

Shinano only had a 50-60 plane hangar. She would be completely outclassed in tier 8-9.

Yorktown and Lexington are not the same ship. Lexington was larger and more heavily armored weighing nearly twice as much. Yorktown carried significantly more aircraft and benefited from advances in carrier design learned from Lexington and Ranger. 

Members
10 posts
138 battles

While Graf Zeppelin might have a chance, I don't think I would want her. There's this lingering feeling that her hangar cap would be too few for high tiers (although yea, we have Saipan) or might be too strong for mid/low tiers.

Shinano is a good candidate for a tier IX or X but given we're yet to see a tier IX or X premium being sold in the shop (Missouri doesn't count) I guess Shinano's out. I'd rather see Kaga as a premium carrier for the Japanese line.

Enterprise is definitely a pick though I'll have to wait for a long time for that to happen (probably when British carriers/carrier split happen)

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

I want Saratoga for the USN as shes my favorite CV.  Barring that, ill take the Graf Zepplin just for something different, even if she has to be mostly paper stats. 

[WWUSB]
Alpha Tester
407 posts
2,197 battles

Graf Zeppelin was never completed. She was a nonoperational hull that spent the war being towed from one harbor to the next before being scuttled.

Shinano only had a 50-60 plane hangar. She would be completely outclassed in tier 8-9.

Yorktown and Lexington are not the same ship. Lexington was larger and more heavily armored weighing nearly twice as much. Yorktown carried significantly more aircraft and benefited from advances in carrier design learned from Lexington and Ranger. 

Graf Zeppelin was completed, she just never had her air wing... which yes would be paper i'll agree on that, but the ship it's self was completed

50-60 hanger would be fine tier 8 considering the plane count in air groups the Japanese carriers use

As for this.... well this is what happens when you pull a 3 day shift and are posting before bed, you are correct on that remark, my apologies 

[IJN]
Members
316 posts
18,409 battles

The Graf Zeppelin was 80% completed and was used as a storage ship before being sunk as a block ship towards the end of the war.

[MPIRE]
Alpha Tester
186 posts
9,931 battles

I'd like to actually see the British carrier line show up... or Soviet carriers, with missiles.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I would say Graf Zeppelin for various reasons:

- The only Carrier Germany was about to have, so she would make a good premium

- it saves the Enterprise for a possible USN CV line split

- 35 knot speed of doom

- a completely different flavor could be made like AP bombs

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

While Graf Zeppelin might have a chance, I don't think I would want her. There's this lingering feeling that her hangar cap would be too few for high tiers (although yea, we have Saipan) or might be too strong for mid/low tiers.

Shinano is a good candidate for a tier IX or X but given we're yet to see a tier IX or X premium being sold in the shop (Missouri doesn't count) I guess Shinano's out. I'd rather see Kaga as a premium carrier for the Japanese line.

Enterprise is definitely a pick though I'll have to wait for a long time for that to happen (probably when British carriers/carrier split happen)

Graf Zeppelin was already confirmed to be coming out as a premium CV.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,533 battles

I say the Zeppelin just so the German line will have one of each ship so players can stick exclusively to German ships. With the new German DDs, add the CV and yer set!

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
10,764 battles

CV fixes coming up in 2017

Please confirm your source of such outlandish balderdash!

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,044 posts
32,986 battles

Shinano, or any IJN premium carrier at this point, due to the overall neglect of the IJN and the fact the USN has had Siapan for quite some time now.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

shinano for me because higher tier cvs are always the most fun

I don't know... Let's compromise: USS Enterprise, CVN-65?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

Shinano, or any IJN premium carrier at this point, due to the overall neglect of the IJN and the fact the USN has had Siapan for quite some time now.

Neglect of the IJN? That's because the IJN is entirely too powerful!