Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheKrimzonDemon

With the Fuso...

23 comments in this topic

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

I am never the top tier. It's the total opposite, I'm always at the bottom. I have to fight NC's and Busymarkingalotofholesinmyship, and I watch my shells bounce. Bounce, bounce, bounce. That's of course if they even hit. For some reason, my shell dispersal is totally awful. At pointblank range, I watch Fuso's shells fly all over the place, except, of course, where they were aimed. I'm not trying to be salty, I'm not whining for the sake of whining, I'm really not.

It's gotten to be very, very frustrating to play this ship. I don't know, perhaps it's a combination of things, like how I don't really like BB's in the first place, so that affects my mindset when I play one, I just don't know. I DO know that with other BB's, I don't seem to have this issue, not even the ones with horrid shell dispersion. Maybe this one ship, I'm doomed to suck with. Maybe the RNG rears its head just at that time, I just...

Any ideas on how to improve the experience would be appreciated.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

For me, spreading my shots around seemed to work. Don't waste your salvo, instead move the crosshair side to side a bit to make sure they hit, or at least some of them...

Angle against BBs by wiggling your hips and fire HE at angled BBs to try and get them from up top.

Punish pesky broadside cruisers...

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

For me, spreading my shots around seemed to work. Don't waste your salvo, instead move the crosshair side to side a bit to make sure they hit, or at least some of them...

Angle against BBs by wiggling your hips and fire HE at angled BBs to try and get them from up top.

Punish pesky broadside cruisers...

I HAVE noticed that firing more than two turrets at a time appears to affect the main gun accuracy of Fuso, which would make sense, it causes the ship to heel over, throwing the last few turrets shots further up in the air. My shots that miss(ie: most of them) miss long. So, perhaps that has a lot to do with it. Fuso is longer and slimmer in the beam than USN BB's for instance, so I'd have to say it heels harder and further when a broadside is fired.

[NG-NL]
[NG-NL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8 posts
6,166 battles

Also, 

I HAVE noticed that firing more than two turrets at a time appears to affect the main gun accuracy of Fuso, which would make sense, it causes the ship to heel over, throwing the last few turrets shots further up in the air. My shots that miss(ie: most of them) miss long. So, perhaps that has a lot to do with it. Fuso is longer and slimmer in the beam than USN BB's for instance, so I'd have to say it heels harder and further when a broadside is fired.

Also, the fact that the Fuso has 6 turrets, you shouldn't fire all turrets at once. you should fire each one in about 5 second intervals so allow a constant rain of AP shells onto enemy ships. The Fuso used to be the top dog because of this, as well as the beautiful range of the Fuso. The fact that you aren't top tier shouldn't be a problem in that ship

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

Also, 

Also, the fact that the Fuso has 6 turrets, you shouldn't fire all turrets at once. you should fire each one in about 5 second intervals so allow a constant rain of AP shells onto enemy ships. The Fuso used to be the top dog because of this, as well as the beautiful range of the Fuso. The fact that you aren't top tier shouldn't be a problem in that ship

I used to do exactly that, but my shells were still flying wild, even at literal pointblank range. I used to be able to hit just fine in a BB, but now all of a sudden, that brick wall over there with the neon sign saying "HIT RIGHT HERE" with a magnet stuck to it isn't even getting my metal.

It's frustrating me to the point that I'm pissed off about it. I'm certainly not doing my teams any favors, and I'm really tired of judgmental idiots self righteously slamming me for something that I appear to be unable to do anything about. I'm just going to stop playing the damn things for now. No game is worth this amount of frustration.

I sound like a 5 year old. I apologize.

[ARMDA]
Beta Testers
37 posts
9,019 battles

It's a shame you can't get the Fuso to work for ya, I really liked her. Maybe we can division up some time and try and give her a go again.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

It's a shame you can't get the Fuso to work for ya, I really liked her. Maybe we can division up some time and try and give her a go again.

I'm probably going to take you up on that.

*After the salt in my diet subsides. Gotta be honest. Lol.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon
  • Cool 1

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

I can go toe toe with higher tier BBs in my Fusou, just mind your armor angling

It's not that, it's the GUNS. I'm not hitting anything, no matter what I do, even at point blank range. I simply can't hit anything,

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

It's really unfortunate what WG has done to the matchmaker and how screwed tier 5 and 6 ships are.  Tier 6 used to be the sweet spot.  Fuso used to be an incredible ship.  She is still capable of carrying, but you have to be careful with her.

[ARMDA]
Beta Testers
37 posts
9,019 battles

I'm probably going to take you up on that.

*After the salt in my diet subsides. Gotta be honest. Lol.

I can dig it. This game can be very frustrating at times.

[HEROS]
Members
2,094 posts
19,478 battles

I feel for ya...  I've gotten so tired of getting uptiered in the Fuso that I finally just sold it off.   constantly running up against Bismarks gets old after a while.  A Bismark can hold it's own a tier 9 or 10 match... a Fuso how ever does not hold it's own quite as well in a tier 8 match where it's facing Bismark's and NC's, and of course Amagi's..  even angling doesn't work so well against 15" and 16" guns. That's assuming the Bismarks don't decide to run up on you and take you with secondaries and torps while hitting someone else entirely with their main guns... I've over 1000 matches in the Fuso and it just gets mangled these days..it may have 12 guns but they're still only 14" and against tier * BB it must shoot from range because your just only rarely going to get a citidel hit.. even against the NC's and Amagi's.. pretty much forget it against T's and Bis's.   I hate 3 tier spreads in matches any more...   

[NH]
Members
199 posts
8,490 battles

Nobody knows what the heck is up with WG now and how they're thinking, to be honest I think there's some truth to the notion that they want a lot of free players to be basic pinatas for paying players. Because it's really fun to 1 shot inferior ships and well not so fun to be on the receiving end.

Heck didn't they literally say that they had to nerf British cruisers because they weren't fun to play against? 

The tier MM issues may stem from the exact same thought process, by that I mean it would be trivial to balance the teams "after tier matching" by swapping players so players with similar WR/hit % were on opposing teams but they don't. They can also allow better performing players in tiers 4-5 to play against tier 6s, but they absolutely refuse to factor in skill in matchmaking. They want lopsided battles because it makes the people who pay money for their innate advantage happy.

So perhaps the sweet spot will always be tier 7-8 for premiums, the people that spend the bigger bucks and buy an Atago, Mikhail, Scharn, Tirp will be happiest, the tier 5-6 premiums will be semi-happy and be tempted to trade up for a tier 7-8 premium and the rest of the players are just cannon fodder.

If you don't spend money you don't matter in the long run, I loved my Fuso, but I only keep the Yamato for fun... I do far better in a Fletcher, CV or Takao, those are the only ships I can consistently make a difference in. Tier 5-6 is just a stepping stone to get you comfortable with spending more money. I spend hundreds on doubloons for capt retraining and flags for ranked but not one premium ship because there are a few regular ships that are just good enough to play evenly against a premium, and I realized as long as I stick to those ships I'd have fun.

TLDR: t5-6 is either cannon fodder to keep the paying customers happy or a reason to get comfortable opening your wallet to skip the grind to the t7-8 happy spot where you can buy awesome prems and 1 shot poor plebs all day :) RIP Fuso, you were one of my fav ships

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,062 posts
30,833 battles

I am never the top tier. It's the total opposite, I'm always at the bottom. I have to fight NC's and Busymarkingalotofholesinmyship, and I watch my shells bounce. Bounce, bounce, bounce. That's of course if they even hit. For some reason, my shell dispersal is totally awful. At pointblank range, I watch Fuso's shells fly all over the place, except, of course, where they were aimed. I'm not trying to be salty, I'm not whining for the sake of whining, I'm really not.

It's gotten to be very, very frustrating to play this ship. I don't know, perhaps it's a combination of things, like how I don't really like BB's in the first place, so that affects my mindset when I play one, I just don't know. I DO know that with other BB's, I don't seem to have this issue, not even the ones with horrid shell dispersion. Maybe this one ship, I'm doomed to suck with. Maybe the RNG rears its head just at that time, I just...

Any ideas on how to improve the experience would be appreciated.

Tier VI BB life is harder these days, especially the ones with 356mm guns.  For those Tier VIII BBs you encounter, unless you got a clean view of the sides, HE them for reliable damage.  Fuso has a lot of guns and a few hitting will cause some damage as well as fires.  If you got a clean view of the sides, 356mm AP can still do the trick.  An NC can be torn apart in one salvo if you get a side view.  Tirpitz, Bismarck?  Upper hull sides for good pen damage.

You are also better at range than those Tier VIII German BBs.  If your aim is good, you can pelt them with impunity at range.  Just make sure you are operating with nearby friends because those Bismarck-class are faster than you.  NC is also wonky with range, the worst BB dispersion in the game.  You can engage at as long as range as you can while still being able to hit.  Just be aware that NC's 406mm AP shells will hurt you bad.  Amagi?  Well, I hate to say it, but you're not going to out-sniper the best High Tier BB Sniper this side of Yamato.

TLDR:

- Range is your friend.

- Rely on HE a lot more, sling AP when you see the opportunity:  Remember the best spots to aim at for your AP.

- To prevent getting runover by fast German BBs, stay with friends.

[O7]
Alpha Tester
1,146 posts
17,587 battles

I have played a few games in the Fuso =). The ship is my favorite in the game but I don't play the Fuso nearly as much with the MM changes. Constantly seeing tier 8s is no fun =(. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I mean it would be trivial to balance the teams "after tier matching" by swapping players so players with similar WR/hit % were on opposing teams but they don't.

Would it though? Sure, two good players with the same ship class is easy to balance, but how do you balance a regular mix of players, with one side having a unicum in a bottom tier DD, and the other having one in a top tier BB? And what about the difference between the DD unicum in a game with 1 DD per team, vs. a game with 5 DD per team?

IMO, there's enough variables that SBMM of that type would just add a whole lot more complexity for only slightly better results.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

Hey, I want to thank you guys for your ideas and help!

As far as the HE is concerned, that one is on me. I used to use HE with Fuso, for the simple fact that she has so many main guns. I think I switched to AP a few days ago due to...I don't even remember why I did it, honestly. So there's one problem that's on me. I thought about it over night, and I do believe that mindset is also part of the problem. If I believe it's not going to go well, I probably won't do well. I'm pretty sure that I frequently don't take my ship's speed into account, as well, unless of course I'm running for my life, so there's another issue.

While I do detest the MM for never letting me fight anything other than T8, the reality is that I constantly perform well as the low tier ship, so I can't lay this on that, either. Another thing that I'm sure is affecting this problem is how I play. By that, I mean that I switch ships every single battle, so I constantly have to adjust my thought process and "sight", if you will, due to the drastic changes needed to play different ships. I'm NOT making those changes, all of a sudden. Or, rather, as I move up in tier in BB's, not making that change in mindset is suddenly glaringly telling, where before it was a mistake that could easily be overcome.

I'm gonna grab dude who offered to div with me to help sometime beginning-ish next week. I tend to not play randoms on the weekends, there's too many kids. :B

[ARMDA]
Beta Testers
37 posts
9,019 battles

Hey, I want to thank you guys for your ideas and help!

As far as the HE is concerned, that one is on me. I used to use HE with Fuso, for the simple fact that she has so many main guns. I think I switched to AP a few days ago due to...I don't even remember why I did it, honestly. So there's one problem that's on me. I thought about it over night, and I do believe that mindset is also part of the problem. If I believe it's not going to go well, I probably won't do well. I'm pretty sure that I frequently don't take my ship's speed into account, as well, unless of course I'm running for my life, so there's another issue.

While I do detest the MM for never letting me fight anything other than T8, the reality is that I constantly perform well as the low tier ship, so I can't lay this on that, either. Another thing that I'm sure is affecting this problem is how I play. By that, I mean that I switch ships every single battle, so I constantly have to adjust my thought process and "sight", if you will, due to the drastic changes needed to play different ships. I'm NOT making those changes, all of a sudden. Or, rather, as I move up in tier in BB's, not making that change in mindset is suddenly glaringly telling, where before it was a mistake that could easily be overcome.

I'm gonna grab dude who offered to div with me to help sometime beginning-ish next week. I tend to not play randoms on the weekends, there's too many kids. :B

Go ahead and add me in game, and I'll keep an out for ya next week.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

Ok. I took Fuso into co-op(Is weekend, durr), and after 5 battles, against BOTS, mind you(ie, much easier to hit), no matter what I tried, main gun accuracy is less than 33%(it's at 32.4%). That's horrible. I watched shells at under 2 km away from the target just...fly away into nowhere land. I watched my main gun shells bounce off an Atlanta. In 3 different matches. I hit a Furutaka with one of the broadsides in which I actually got a hit and did only 2k damage. With SIX hits from the main guns of a Fuso, at under 3km range. Said Furutaka at the same time, without torps, did 7k damage to me. 5 battles in a row, all kinds of changes each time, the results were almost exactly the same: 32% main gun hit rate, far, far less damage per hit than  should be the case, only ONE cit, on an Emerald, so that ain't sayin much, with not once more than 70k damage dealt, the average was 53k damage. Remember, this was in co-op, these numbers are even worse against real players.

I'm now, after the last week and especially after today's practice, of the opinion that it isn't me. I think they nerfed her. I'm not the best BB player, but these stats are even below my usually low standards, and it's only on this one ship. I took out Gneisenau last night, and once I got used to her ways, I started doing ok. I had one battle where I couldn't hit anything, but it got better. With Fuso, this is a battle after battle thing. By experience, when one thing drastically changes, but everything else is more or less the same, this means that one thing changed.

While I believe they changed her, I still, freely, admit it could be all me. I could be totally wrong and I could just somehow have suddenly started sucking with this one ship, but, based on what I'm seeing, I think it's a combo of me not playing BB's well and them changing the ship. I repeat, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,062 posts
30,833 battles

Nobody knows what the heck is up with WG now and how they're thinking, to be honest I think there's some truth to the notion that they want a lot of free players to be basic pinatas for paying players. Because it's really fun to 1 shot inferior ships and well not so fun to be on the receiving end.

Heck didn't they literally say that they had to nerf British cruisers because they weren't fun to play against? 

The tier MM issues may stem from the exact same thought process, by that I mean it would be trivial to balance the teams "after tier matching" by swapping players so players with similar WR/hit % were on opposing teams but they don't. They can also allow better performing players in tiers 4-5 to play against tier 6s, but they absolutely refuse to factor in skill in matchmaking. They want lopsided battles because it makes the people who pay money for their innate advantage happy.

So perhaps the sweet spot will always be tier 7-8 for premiums, the people that spend the bigger bucks and buy an Atago, Mikhail, Scharn, Tirp will be happiest, the tier 5-6 premiums will be semi-happy and be tempted to trade up for a tier 7-8 premium and the rest of the players are just cannon fodder.

If you don't spend money you don't matter in the long run, I loved my Fuso, but I only keep the Yamato for fun... I do far better in a Fletcher, CV or Takao, those are the only ships I can consistently make a difference in. Tier 5-6 is just a stepping stone to get you comfortable with spending more money. I spend hundreds on doubloons for capt retraining and flags for ranked but not one premium ship because there are a few regular ships that are just good enough to play evenly against a premium, and I realized as long as I stick to those ships I'd have fun.

TLDR: t5-6 is either cannon fodder to keep the paying customers happy or a reason to get comfortable opening your wallet to skip the grind to the t7-8 happy spot where you can buy awesome prems and 1 shot poor plebs all day :) RIP Fuso, you were one of my fav ships

The idea of Tier V-VI existing for the purpose of the satisfaction of paying customers is beyond ridiculous.  People still have to make their way through those tiers.  A new Freebie and Premium Player both still have to slog it through those same tiers, both are cannon fodder.

There are good ships.  Both Premium and Standard Tech Tree.  Scharnhorst is awesome.  Yet Bismarck is there, free.  North Carolina, Amagi are free, all 3 are excellent Tier VIII Battleships, for example and are free... And will pulverize those Tier VI ships regardless if they are Premium players or not, even if they use Premium Ships or not.

Completely, utterly preposterous.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

Going strictly based on Random battles, I'm actually far below the average in MG accuracy, mine is only 14%, as of now. My damage, predictably, is also below the average in a random, at 40K. Win rate is 60%, which is way above the average. Hm. Somehow, I'm plunging, and I don't know why, other than my guns have stopped hitting or bouncing off.

See? I'm not just another someone with extra salt in my diet, I'm actually trying to work through a problem. :B

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

9 hits with Fuso's guns against a CO, all when the ship was almost not moving, all against its broadside: ZERO damage, and only ONE shell shattered. 12 shots fired at a Dunk, also all but dead in the water, also sitting broadside, at a range of under 9km, first shell hit, shattered, the other 11 went 2 km in front, 2 km behind, or hit the island 4km on the other ship of the ship.

No, it is not me, they completely nerfed the ships guns, period. I'm done trying to play yet another ship made unplayable.

Sign in to follow this