You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dseehafer

Size Comparison: All ships (Version 1.5)

59 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Greetings all,

Well folks, here's the grande finale of it all! This is every ship in game minus same size sister ships (Examples: No Bismarck, Diana, Cambletown, ARP ships, etc...) and all ships are named after the ship that they are rendered after in game (Examples: Kongo is Hiei, Iowa is Wisconsin, Kuma is Tama, Karlsruhe is Dresden II, ect...) Note: there are some minor errors in the sizing of some of the destroyers (you can learn more about that in the "All Destroyers" thread which will be linked at the bottom of this thread) and it should be noted that some Dreadnought type battleships, which are longer below water than above, are placed below some ships that they are longer than overall. (For example: Ryojo is higher on the list than Arizona because she appears longer from above even though Arizona is actually almost 20' longer than the Ryujo overall)

To view the full size image simply right-click on the image and select "open image in new tab", select the new tab and hover over the image and click when you see the magnifier.

hNFnCQA.jpg

This is the same list but only shows ships that actually existed as they are in game (sorry Amagi, you became an aircraft carrier, you dont count) and are shown in the form in which they existed in real life (Examples: Bayern and Konig are stock and because their stock hull do not have Atlantic bows like the upgraded ones do, they suffer from "dreadnought syndrome" and have changed positions in the list.)

1xs8II1.jpg

I will continue to update these lists as new ships are added to the game.

All Battleshipshttp://forum.worldof...leships-update/

All Cruisers http://forum.worldof...ll-cruisers-20/

All Aircraft Carriershttp://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

All Destroyershttp://forum.worldof...all-destroyers/

Edited by dseehafer
  • Cool 31

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,715 posts
26,569 battles

I like that both the smallest and the biggest ships are German.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I like that both the smallest and the biggest ships are German.

In V-25's defense, she is modeled after the earlier (and smaller) ships of the class, If she was rendered after the later (and bigger) ships of the class she would be just above Tachibana and Hashidate would be the smallest. But her extremely small size grants extremely low detectability, so I guess I'm fine with it. ;)
Edited by dseehafer

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Update: Removed Yorck from the historical list.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I still don't understand how Khab packs so much engine power and weaponary, when it's smaller than Tashkent.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I still don't understand how Khab packs so much engine power and weaponary, when it's smaller than Tashkent.

Tirpitz had more powerful engines than Yamato despite being 30' shorter....

Also Khab is only a few feet shorter than Tashkent, so it's not like the size difference is all that drastic. 

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I don't see Ibuki on that list. :look:

:trollface:

Threw her into the "Same size sister-ship" group" Her size is represented by Mogami.

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

Threw her into the "Same size sister-ship" group" Her size is represented by Mogami.

But Ibuki wasn't a sister ship, at least I thought so. I was pretty sure the Ibuki's were supposed to be the successor to the Mogami's, but none were ever completed.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

But Ibuki wasn't a sister ship, at least I thought so. I was pretty sure the Ibuki's were supposed to be the successor to the Mogami's, but none were ever completed.

Ibuki was an "improved Mogami" like Eugen was an "Improved Hipper", unlike Eugen to Hipper, Ibuki was not longer than Mogami, in fact she was supposed to be 2' shorter. There is no noticable difference in size between the two ships in game and few aesthetical differences between the two to boot (The only major difference is the different locations of the rear mast). 
Edited by dseehafer

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Tirpitz had more powerful engines than Yamato despite being 30' shorter....

Also Khab is only a few feet shorter than Tashkent, so it's not like the size difference is all that drastic. 

Yes, BUT

Tashkent had 3 turrets and 3 torp mounts

Khab trades a torp mount for another turret

Each turret has a stalk and ammo stowed underneath it

Tashkent, by virtue of having 3 torp mounts, would have had plenty of room to fit everything

Khab, on the other hand, is not only shorter, it has even less engine room than Tashkent, is much heavier than Tashkent and is still has far more engine power than Tashkent.

As for Yamato, I would assume that German steam engine design was simply ahead of what the IJN had.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I like how some cruisers are smaller than the Akizuki and Tashkent.

I like how Prinz Eugen is longer than the Alabama. :trollface:

Which is partly because Prinz Eugen is a massive Cruiser and party because Alabama is a small battleship (for her time that is. SD class was the shortest class of battleship built after 1920)

Edited by dseehafer

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Update 1.1 - Added Cimarron to both lists.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

+[error infinite value not supported]

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Update 1.2: Mutsu, Grozovoi, Othotnik and Podvoisky added to the main list. Historical list has not yet been updated.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

I've noticed that the new ships are blurrier than the older ones. This may be because, on my new 2 in 1, to get the ships to the correct size I have to zoom in 8 times with my mouse where, on my old laptop, I had to zoom in 15 times. I'll try to prove my hypothesis tomorrow and will update the list if it (my hypothesis) proved correct. 

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Update 1.3: Added Duca D'Aosta to the main list.

French cruisers will be up soon.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Update 1.4: French cruisers added to the main list.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,900 battles

Those stripes are something, I could find D'Aosta without zooming in!

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Those stripes are something, I could find D'Aosta without zooming in!

That was the point, so the Regia Aeronautica could get their identification straight XD