You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Worth it? Arizona, Blyskawica, Anshan

21 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

Arizona just for winrate ego stroking on a good ship? 54%

Blyskawica as a secondary credit earner for a friend, who is bad in the Tirpitz as their only premium? 

(I kinda want one too for a ship that has strong win rate and fun to play) 

Anshan, cuz I main Lo Yang but I have a 15pt cast already? 

I really loved Gnevny, but I did poor in her, 48%.  Does Anshan really feel like she wins 54% of the time? 

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,542 battles

Are you asking if these ships will make you a better player or what? I am confused.

Members
237 posts
5,314 battles

Arizona would be the most useful out of the three since you can use it in ranked and use it to train captains but the Blys would beat it out in credit earning. All are good ships and relatively easy to play. 

Edited by thepointofluck

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

Anshan...  Free exp boost, so...  a LITTLE bit faster for that Mighty Mo grind

~B

I don't care one wit for Missouri.  How much actual true numerical data Free exp does Anshan usually make per game ?

I have Lo Yang with 50%, but its like.. meh.  Is it even worth playing a lot to grind Free exp? 

Asking, if these are good ships to learn to main in and improve win rate in a strong ship. 

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Blysk is the best of the three in my opinion and is only moderately difficult to use, unlike Anshan which relies quite a bit on AP for damage. Arizona is a very solid and forgiving ship that carries a reputation for being reliable, tho match making will have you facing higher tiers often. If you really enjoy DDs I recommend Blysk for its universal utility, but if you're still figuring out DDs but enjoy BBs: Arizona is a fantastic choice.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,522 posts
28,454 battles

yes, yes, yes

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

Blysk is the best of the three in my opinion and is only moderately difficult to use, unlike Anshan which relies quite a bit on AP for damage. Arizona is a very solid and forgiving ship that carries a reputation for being reliable, tho match making will have you facing higher tiers often. If you really enjoy DDs I recommend Blysk for its universal utility, but if you're still figuring out DDs but enjoy BBs: Arizona is a fantastic choice.

Hmm.  What if I'm decent at using AP in DDs, but if Anshan is just Gnevny with slightly better torps, I'm not sure I'm good enough to make her sing?  

Also, is Arizona itself strong enough and fun enough to be worth it if I don't have any plans to go down the USN BB line?  (Although, I might now...  I already do have a Texas) 

Should I wait for Alabama??  Which is what a T8? 

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Arizona is fun if a) there is no carrier and b) you are not the only t6 in a t8 game. Better range then the NM, the shells fall much tighter, higher hp pool and a much better torpedobelt.

The Blys is a very good allrounder. I wouldn't go into a knifefight with a Benson or a Sims but you can get them if you keep them at distance. Low repair costs plus a good damage potential makes her a good credit earner.

Got the Anshan only today. The turrets are as slow as the old Furutaka ones. But her shells have a flat arc even at max range. I think she will be much better after I unlock AFT. Only got my 3rd skill today. Killed 2 DD in one game and damaged 2 more. The last one only survived because he detonate me before I could hit him one more time for the kill.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

Anyone wanna speak up for Anshan?? 

Also, has anyone heard anything about any more Pan-Asian ships??  

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Anyone wanna speak up for Anshan?? 

Also, has anyone heard anything about any more Pan-Asian ships??  

This is the downside. No plans announced at all. Otherwise, 100% free xp is the only real upside for this premium but it will still take quite a while to get the mighty Mo if that is your goal. 

Members
712 posts
5,239 battles

Anshan is a tier 6 gnevy with stealth torps. Its pretty good but the issue of sharing a captain is that the lo yang and the anshan are two different types of ship. While they are both gun boats the anshan would definitely benefit from expert marksman while the lo yang can make do without it and would prefer last stand. Since you have a 15 pt captain it makes sense you have to choose between last stand or expert marksmen. I found it was too akward to keep switching back and forth and so I am now training a captain for each ship.

• Cool 1

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

I had a captain on each ship.

Eventually, training another one to get Lo Yang CE while my 15 pt Anshan captain sat there mocking me with his indifference was just too much to bear.

Now my Lo Yang has 5.8km detection, super duper fast turrets, and the propulsion mod.

I do miss LS but 10 to 15 pts is an [edited]load of games, and I can only do so much high tier DD crapbefore my head hurts.

TL:  DR:  Sharing captains is less than ideal, but if you're too lazy/busy/salty/mossy/sexy/dusty to find the time to train 2 captains to 15 pts, you can make it work.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

I had a captain on each ship.

Eventually, training another one to get Lo Yang CE while my 15 pt Anshan captain sat there mocking me with his indifference was just too much to bear.

Now my Lo Yang has 5.8km detection, super duper fast turrets, and the propulsion mod.

I do miss LS but 10 to 15 pts is an [edited]load of games, and I can only do so much high tier DD crapbefore my head hurts.

TL:  DR:  Sharing captains is less than ideal, but if you're too lazy/busy/salty/mossy/sexy/dusty to find the time to train 2 captains to 15 pts, you can make it work.

I'm very invested in my Lo Yang.  I'm not even sure I'd even play her with the Anshan cap.  

My Lo Yang cap has 15pts already.  but I don't think Anshan can live without Expert Marksman can it, so Anshan won't really be useful to train him either? 

Its Anshan fun enough just to play around with if I'm not serious about it? Or save my money?  

How badly does she need 10pt or 15pt cap? (or 12pt, EM and LS) 

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

Anshan's torps isn't slightly better than the Gnevny's.  Its double the range.

Comparing Blys to Anshan, the Anshan has a lower detection signature, and the torps are faster for the same range.  One tier lower means you don't see Tier 9 battles.  Shells also have a flatter arc than the Blys.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
251 posts
2,858 battles

arizona 

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Blyskawica is the best overall DD for its tier and a blast to play. If you like DDs I highly recommend her.