You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stockmankrause

Arizona im not happy but i have raised $25 so far today for this wreck.

40 comments in this topic

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Ive started to raise funds for the arizona bb for steven with his texas :honoring:.

Im trying to wangle the ship for $20 max thats its worth to me :red_button:.

I have raised $25 so far.

Im tempted to the warspite.................

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Arizona has more guns, better accuracy, better turret traverse, better armor... 

The only thing you get with the Warspite is bigger guns. 

Actually if the sigma is accurate the Warspite has more accurate guns.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Oh does it? I stand corrected then. 

Yeah 2.0 iirc and AZ is 1.8. AZ was higher in testing but changed when they released it to live.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

Arizona fires 4 more shells on a boardside, though, which increases the chances of landing a shell inside a specified area.

Warspite may technically be more accurate, but Arizona is more likely to hit something simply because it's throwing 50% more shells downrange.

Arizona's a beast. It's a fantastic ship. It's lacking in AA but it's maneuverable enough to be able to dodge torpbomber runs many times. It's also an angling monster. It's AA guns are also DP guns so while secondary builds aren't really a thing, it's secondary battery is still much better than Texas'.

• Cool 1

Members
5,202 posts

Yeah 2.0 iirc and AZ is 1.8. AZ was higher in testing but changed when they released it to live.

Good to know, thanks!

Yeah, I remember some people being pretty hot about the changes to Arizona upon release. 

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Arizona is VASTLY superior.  

The turret traverse speed of the Warspite gets really annoying plus the armor seems very squishy compared to the Arizona.

Had fun with the New Mexico - if you like her, you will love Arizona.  

Just be glad you have the option of purchasing it - no matter the price.  It was actually $1 more expensive when it first came out.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I love both of these ships, each has some nice pros and some cons but can work well in spite of the cons.

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,359 battles

Arizona fires 4 more shells on a boardside, though, which increases the chances of landing a shell inside a specified area.

Warspite may technically be more accurate, but Arizona is more likely to hit something simply because it's throwing 50% more shells downrange.

Arizona's a beast. It's a fantastic ship. It's lacking in AA but it's maneuverable enough to be able to dodge torpbomber runs many times. It's also an angling monster. It's AA guns are also DP guns so while secondary builds aren't really a thing, it's secondary battery is still much better than Texas'.

Actually, if you build your modules and captain around AA, the Arizona is only a little lesser than New Mexico, and still beats Warspite in AA capability.
  • Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,277 posts
12,014 battles

35.29 sec reload on the AZ though...tempted to buy but having a hard time with that thought

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

Actually, if you build your modules and captain around AA, the Arizona is only a little lesser than New Mexico, and still beats Warspite in AA capability.

That seems like a waste, though, when you could build around strengths rather than patching weaknesses. 

That goes back to my old PotBS days, though, so I may be approaching the thought differently. If a ship is weak in one area and strong in another, I like to reinforce strengths instead of band-aiding weaknesses. And that works pretty well for me.

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
489 posts
4,729 battles

35.29 sec reload on the AZ though...tempted to buy but having a hard time with that thought

She's solid and plays exactly like the New Mexico just with a longer range.  And for a battleship she can be terrifyingly accurate at times.  Though if you have a New Mexico and have a dedicated captain... you could likely just keep your NM and enjoy yourself with it~

Members
767 posts
8,367 battles

Do you have more American BB captains to train?  Or Royal Navy BB captains to train?

If you look at it THAT way...  Rather obvious choice.

Beorn (owner of the Arizona [thanks try-your-luck super-crate!] and one who covets a Warspite)

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

True.  The only real difference is that "Zona's AA is built around .50 BMG's and 28mm Chicago Pianos, not Oerlikons and Bofors.   With BFT/AFT and AA mod II, you can get respectable AA out of it.  Not a beast, like TX, CO, or NC, but enough to punish a CV for lingering over long.  It's mostly short range though- so self protection only and you'll still have to dodge those torps- he'll just lose planes for trying.

Arizona- for obvious reasons- never got a WWII upgrade.

It IS a heck of a lot more accurate at range than most US Standards, though- and that alone is worth a lot.  There's a nice gap between your range and your detection distance, too.  Enough to sneak in a SURPRISE, MO-FO!!"  shot before you get spotted, and enough that you can disappear by going dark if you're within it.

It's worth the buy, of you like your US BB's- and it's one of the few preemies I play regularly.  Played to it's strengths, it's perfectly capable when uptiered.

• Cool 1

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Do you have more American BB captains to train?  Or Royal Navy BB captains to train?

If you look at it THAT way...  Rather obvious choice.

Beorn (owner of the Arizona [thanks try-your-luck super-crate!] and one who covets a Warspite)

I have a great cambletown captain :honoring:.

I also have a great usa dd captain and steven in training :izmena:.

[CNK]
Members
454 posts
6,836 battles

Arizona is VASTLY superior.  

The turret traverse speed of the Warspite gets really annoying plus the armor seems very squishy compared to the Arizona.

Had fun with the New Mexico - if you like her, you will love Arizona.  

Just be glad you have the option of purchasing it - no matter the price.  It was actually $1 more expensive when it first came out.

Yeah, there's no question in my mind - Arizona is far superior. I love my Warspite, don't get me wrong, but I love Arizona even more. She's tougher, has easier to use guns, much better turret traverse and she's nearly as maneuverable. The only real area Warspite has a clear cut advantage is with the secondaries.

[OBS]
Members
1,277 posts
12,014 battles

Just got it and played three battles, bottom tier every time.  Second match all the other ships were 30kt+ on my team and left me to be focused down before I could move even 10km.  Something should be done about the T5-6 issues, it has never been so bad.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Just got it and played three battles, bottom tier every time.  Second match all the other ships were 30kt+ on my team and left me to be focused down before I could move even 10km.  Something should be done about the T5-6 issues, it has never been so bad.

Same in my texas i spawned in and a enemy dd torped me in spawn all the team left me :hiding:.

[GSKUL]
Alpha Tester
340 posts

That seems like a waste, though, when you could build around strengths rather than patching weaknesses. 

That goes back to my old PotBS days, though, so I may be approaching the thought differently. If a ship is weak in one area and strong in another, I like to reinforce strengths instead of band-aiding weaknesses. And that works pretty well for me.

Eehh, there are only so many things you can do with Arizona, and if you want normal sane range with her main guns you;re locked into basically only using captain skills to build with. Captain skills can easily allow for a secondary/aa/survivability spec all in one, with maybe one tier 4/5 skill differentiating. 

The general min max principle can apply to warships, but with the way skills/equipment work it doesnt always make sense to min max

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

OH YES!  This Arizona is friggin NICE.  Yes, I only play in Coops, but yeah, compared to the NY, holy god is she 1000000x better.  AZ guns are accurate, 40-50% hit rates per salvo, vs the NY getting maybe 3 rounds in 10 to hit.  AZ pens with 3-5 per salvo vs the NY 1 per 3 salvos. 

AZ, I lubs it.  WG never nerf it. 

Its terrible AA has even bagged a number of planes.  Itook like 4 TB Torps and only lost like 35-40% health.  Thing is tough, guns are good....if only the rest of hte US BBs were like the AZ.  NY is no mo in my Port.  AZ for life.

• Cool 1

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

OH YES!  This Arizona is friggin NICE.  Yes, I only play in Coops, but yeah, compared to the NY, holy god is she 1000000x better.  AZ guns are accurate, 40-50% hit rates per salvo, vs the NY getting maybe 3 rounds in 10 to hit.  AZ pens with 3-5 per salvo vs the NY 1 per 3 salvos. 

AZ, I lubs it.  WG never nerf it. 

Its terrible AA has even bagged a number of planes.  Itook like 4 TB Torps and only lost like 35-40% health.  Thing is tough, guns are good....if only the rest of hte US BBs were like the AZ.  NY is no mo in my Port.  AZ for life.

Awesome glad you are happy so rare to see in the forum and server in general its normally simply salt and trolls :honoring:.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Awesome glad you are happy so rare to see in the forum and server in general its normally simply salt and trolls :honoring:.

Yeah, AZ is solid.  Takes hits well, and AA even kills stuff.  17 planes in 11 games lol.  AI carriers go after me like white on rice.