Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lightninger

Blyskawica or Anshan

27 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
1,482 posts
22,290 battles

Which DD would you get first if you are getting one? Anshan or Blyskawica? and why?

If you want to take into consideration the other ships of the same tier I have, I'll list them below.

For DDs I currently have in port:

Tier VI

Permanent: None

Grinding: Farragut (not sure I'll keep)

Tier VII

Permanent: Leningrad, Kiev

Other ships:

Tier VI: Budyonny

Tier VII: Schors, ARP Myoko + clones (not actively playing), Nagato (Grinding)

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Hmmmm.  Blysk is like Lenin but more gun focused.  Anshan is a Gnevny with better torps and T6.  If you like Lenin, you'll like Blysk.  If you like Gnevny, you'll like Anshan.  Anshan has the added bonuses of the free xp, and being in a line with at least one other premium, while Blysk is by itself.  Blysk is the supperior ship, though.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,659 battles

I like both of these DD's but I feel Blys is the better DD with better matchmaking. If you have Lo Yang then get Anshan as they share captains.

• Cool 1

[-WD-]
Members
307 posts
16,919 battles

I just got the Blyskawica today and I have to say, I love it! I've only got 6 games in her but all have been successful, and fun! The Blyskawica reminds me of a Kiev but with better torps. The Blyskawica is a great gun boat with decent torps. I cannot speak on behalf of the Anshan. Hope this helps! :honoring:

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I just got the Anshan and I must say... I'm not having much luck getting to know the ship. Her turrets are super mega slow but hit hard when you finally get on target. I haven't played the Gnevny in a long time so I'm having trouble adjusting to either turning or firing my guns (but not both!).

I love my Blysk however. LOVE IT.

Edited by CapnCappy

Members
853 posts

I just got the Anshan and I must say... I'm not having much luck getting to know the ship. Her turrets are super mega slow but hit hard when you finally get on target. I haven't played the Gnevny in a long time so I'm having trouble adjusting to either turning or firing my guns (but not both!).

I love my Blysk however. LOVE IT.

No problems here but im used to blyskawica without EM and warspite.

I enjoy both but if you gotta pick one id have to say Blyskawica for events cause its a solid dmg dealer with stealth roasting enemies and having good torps.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Neither.

I don't buy Premiums here in WoWS.

I learnt my lesson in WoT.

Apparently, many WG game players never do (learn this lesson, that is).

Edited by aethervox

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I love them both, but Anshan is just a slightly upgraded Gnevny, but Blyskawica is a workhorse. She is just incredible.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,644 battles

Neither.

I don't buy Premiums here in WoWS.

I learnt my lesson in WoT.

Apparently, many WG game players never do (learn this lesson, that is).

Not sure what lesson you learned... but premiums in WoWS are better for the most part than their in tier counterpart...and THATS a very nice difference from the WoT model, where few premiums are as good as their counterpart.  As far as making a donation to your favorite "free" game, thats entirely up to you.  I admit that I spent WAY to much money on WoT, and walked away feeling like I didn't get my money's worth, but I have not had that feeling one time in WoWS, I find the premiums a bit different, and well worth the cost in entertainment.  IF you don't want to support this "free" game then that is your right...only lesson I probably haven't learned is that I should be saving most of my money instead of spending it, or giving more away to the less fortunate (and I don't mean gamers LOL)
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,482 posts
22,290 battles

Hmmm, I do know the Blyskawica is the better overall ship as I've looked at both. Only question is I already have the Kiev and Leningrad at tier VII. Granted they all play differently, more so Kiev versus Leningrad and Blyskawica (yes, Lenin and Blys are quite similar). I am looking for a destroyer at tier VI to use and was considering the Ognevoi but after looking at Anshan which has better stats I was looking to get the Anshan. Granted, I can't train a captain first for the Anshan vs Ognevoi (with Murmansk). I do want both the Anshan and the Blyskawica though, general consensus seems get the Blyskawica first, Anshan later.

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
1,082 posts
41,469 battles

For ANYONE who loves destroyers, the Blys is a must. It doesn't matter what your game play style is, the Blyskawica has a flexible set of capabilities that when taken together, is unique. I don't feel she earns credits quite the same as my Leningrad or Sims, but she has a lower service cost and can be run very well without premium consumables, making her a good earner in general and ideal for a standard account. Anshan does have the advantage (to me at least) of being a Tier 6, which has a lower DD population and higher BB population, can one say target rich environment. Anybody that buys a Blys has to wonder why such a good premium is sold for less than $25; has to be the best value premium ship there is.

[OOM]
Beta Testers
213 posts
3,418 battles

I can't speak for the Anshan, but I hear it plays like Russian gunboat. However, the Blyskawica may be my favorite DD if not ship in the game. It plays like a US DD with better torps and Russian gun arc. It is just plain GOOD.  

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,709 battles

I'm gonna say Anshan for the 100% Free Exp Boost. 

I mean that thing will be perfect for getting Freemiums if WG adds more (Which I think they will.)

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

The only thing that the Anshan has going for it is the free XP boost, otherwise I'd say that it's the Blys all the way. 

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I don't have the Anshan (currently debating it, since I just got the Lo Yang), but add my vote for the Blys.  She's just a great all-around destroyer that can torpedo almost as well as the IJN boats and brawl almost as well as the US ones and burn targets down from range almost as well as the Soviets.  You get the ability to stealth fire and stealth torp even with a 0 point captain, and she does pretty well as a credit earner (I do run the premium smoke with her).  Plus you get a pretty quick torpedo reload for her tier and excellent smoke charges; once you've ground your way up to 10+ points she only gets better.  At least among the ships I've played (which includes all DDs up through tier VIII plus the Lo Yang), she is by far the most flexible.  Really, the only DD I've played that gives Blys a run for her money in the flexibility department is the Fletcher, but she's two tiers higher.

If this matters to you, the actual ship had a pretty interesting history during WWII (she escaped Poland shortly before the German invasion and sailed with the British navy during the war).

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

Anshan has lower detectability --- 7.2 km base, vs. 7.74 for the Blys.  Anshan has a higher torpedo speed for the same range --- 60 km vs. 57 km.  Anshan has choice of torpedoes, 4km and 8km, which are both faster than the Blys, which has 8km torps.  Anshan also has better torpedo arcs.  Anshan is one tier lower, and yet both have the same alpha damage for torpedoes.  Anshan has flatter shell arcs.  Anshan's guns has a faster reload time or rate of fire, 12 rounds per minute vs, 9.5.  Anshan's AP damage is superior, 2500 to 2200.  Anshan has more outer ring AA, 6 x 37mms vs. 4 x 40mm on the Blys.  

Blys has slightly more HP by 1100 more, more guns 6 to 4, faster turret traverse (10 degs per second vs. 6), slightly better gun range 12.1km to 11.9km, slightly faster torpedo reloads. HE damage is slightly better, 1700 to 1600.  Blys is slightly faster 39 knots to 38 knots.

Anshan has a half kilometer stealth firing range advantage for torpedoes over the Blys, or in other words, with camouflage, the stealth firing zone of the torpedoes is a full 1km --- 8km 60 knot torpedoes with the ship detectable at 7km.  The Blys on the other hand, only has a .5km stealth window --- 8km 57 knot torpedoes, with the ship detectable at 7.5km.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

Anshan has lower detectability --- 7.2 km base, vs. 7.74 for the Blys.  Anshan has a higher torpedo speed for the same range --- 60 km vs. 57 km.  Anshan has choice of torpedoes, 4km and 8km, which are both faster than the Blys, which has 8km torps.  Anshan also has better torpedo arcs.  Anshan is one tier lower, and yet both have the same alpha damage for torpedoes.  Anshan has flatter shell arcs.  Anshan's guns has a faster reload time or rate of fire, 12 rounds per minute vs, 9.5.  Anshan's AP damage is superior, 2500 to 2200.  Anshan has more outer ring AA, 6 x 37mms vs. 4 x 40mm on the Blys.  

Blys has slightly more HP by 1100 more, more guns 6 to 4, faster turret traverse (10 degs per second vs. 6), slightly better gun range 12.1km to 11.9km, slightly faster torpedo reloads. HE damage is slightly better, 1700 to 1600.  Blys is slightly faster 39 knots to 38 knots.

Anshan has a half kilometer stealth firing range advantage for torpedoes over the Blys, or in other words, with camouflage, the stealth firing zone of the torpedoes is a full 1km --- 8km 60 knot torpedoes with the ship detectable at 7km.  The Blys on the other hand, only has a .5km stealth window --- 8km 57 knot torpedoes, with the ship detectable at 7.5km.

7, Bliss has 7 guns.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

I don't have the Anshan (currently debating it, since I just got the Lo Yang), but add my vote for the Blys.  She's just a great all-around destroyer that can torpedo almost as well as the IJN boats and brawl almost as well as the US ones and burn targets down from range almost as well as the Soviets.  You get the ability to stealth fire and stealth torp even with a 0 point captain, and she does pretty well as a credit earner (I do run the premium smoke with her).  Plus you get a pretty quick torpedo reload for her tier and excellent smoke charges; once you've ground your way up to 10+ points she only gets better.  At least among the ships I've played (which includes all DDs up through tier VIII plus the Lo Yang), she is by far the most flexible.  Really, the only DD I've played that gives Blys a run for her money in the flexibility department is the Fletcher, but she's two tiers higher.

If this matters to you, the actual ship had a pretty interesting history during WWII (she escaped Poland shortly before the German invasion and sailed with the British navy during the war).

Historically the ship in game isn't the configuration the Blys had for much of the war. The 7 x 120mm Bofors guns were replaced with 8 x 4" or 102mm guns, which actually gave the ship the same firepower as a British Tribal or L class destroyer.  It may have been better to have the ORP Grom as the ship with the seven 120mm guns, and the Blys the ship with 8 four pounders.  But there is a question how effective these four pounders are for antiship, despite their higher rate of fire, the problem being their low muzzle velocity.  These guns however, are dual purpose, and will serve as AA.  In the refit, she would also her 8 x 13mm machine guns for 4 x 20mm cannons.

[4HIRE]
Members
221 posts
18,543 battles

I have somewhere around 1700 matches between Anshan  and the Blyskawica. In my opinion, they are both the top of their tier, and they play very similarly. The blyskawica is much better at stealth firing.  The Anshan has almost identical torpedoes except they're a little faster. If you have the Leningrad, you might feel more comfortable in the Anshan, as the Leningrad has 1 more of the same gun and 2 more of the same torpedos as the Anshan.

Overall, the blyskawica is a better ship in my opinion, but considering the free xp bonus and that the Anshan has only been on sale a few times, I would have to say grab the Anshan while you can.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

I have somewhere around 1700 matches between Anshan  and the Blyskawica. In my opinion, they are both the top of their tier, and they play very similarly. The blyskawica is much better at stealth firing.  The Anshan has almost identical torpedoes except they're a little faster. If you have the Leningrad, you might feel more comfortable in the Anshan, as the Leningrad has 1 more of the same gun and 2 more of the same torpedos as the Anshan.

Overall, the blyskawica is a better ship in my opinion, but considering the free xp bonus and that the Anshan has only been on sale a few times, I would have to say grab the Anshan while you can.

Saw him playing Lo Yang.  Was pretty cool.  

Wanna give me tips? 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

The Blys is probably the best balanced DD in the game.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

The Blys is probably the best balanced DD in the game.

Haha, actually technically overpowered.  Nearing 53-55% But, it feels like what a DD should be.  

Has huge downsides.  Horrible stealth, relatively low torp range, no AA, turns slowly and takes a lot of damage

[4HIRE]
Members
221 posts
18,543 battles

The thing I love most about the Blysk, is if I get my [edited]kicked trying to rush cap at start, I can fall back and ghost fire the rest of the match.

As for tips on the Lo Yang, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but feel free to hit me up in the evenings, I will share what I have figured out o7

Edited by SgtMajorBuzz

Sign in to follow this