Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kojo401

Top Player's view of Dresden

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
302 posts
2,583 battles

Meet Dresden, the tier 10 disguised as a tier 2.

PHwbqeP.jpg

As of right now, I'm in the top 8 for solo WTR in Dresden, and have a fairly small amount of games in her at 27. This is my opinion on why the ship is overpowered and needs to be heavily nerfed from it's current state.

TLRKI0W.png

First off, the way you need to run this ship is with Demo Expert and AFT. This gives you a range of 10.6km, and a comfortable stealth fire range which is easy to stay in due to the many islands in low tier maps. You spam HE at your target until it has 1 or 2 fires, which typically takes 100-200 seconds of continuous fire to achieve, then you spam AP while their damage repair party is up, and then once it runs out, you spam them until they have 1-2 fires and switch back to AP to quickly burn down anything unfortunate enough to come into your range, all from stealth. You typically save your repair party for times when you need to stop a fire, and avoid using it early if possible. Your speed is excellent as well, so if you are too close to a target to fire at it, just ram it to death. When you run into other cruisers you bully them with your absolutely insane ROF, and spam them with AP with devestating effect if they go broadside, forcing them to turn away if they live long enough, in which case you switch to HE and even though it doesn't have the same alpha, they can only return fire with 1 or 2 guns to your 6. The turrets traverse very quickly at 18 seconds, which is more than enough to keep them on target during heavy maneuvers. This ship on average for me is lighting between 5 and 8 fires a game. The only cruiser that can beat you in a duel is a novik if it goes bow in and bow tanks you, if it shows broadside you can trade fairly effectively with it. This ship has no place whatsoever at tier 2, as it could be moved to tier 10 as it is now and be perfectly fine. I look forward to tier 3 games when I play this ship as it gives you more damage to farm. Your AA is also very good, my Dresden has a 2 aa rating, and it absolutely tears through the blimp on Polar map.

What I would do to nerf this ship- 

1. I would first start by giving this ship a 5 second reload. As it stands, this ship spams way too many shells and lights far too many fires. It fires the most shells per minute of any low tier cruiser in the game, at 90, without adding in BFT. This isn't far behind minotaur's 180 shells a minute. It's ability to spam shells needs to be nerfed

2. Increase it's shell velocity. This ship is a monster when it's stealth firing, giving nobody a chance of retaliating when this ship stealth fires behind an island.

3. Lower it's AP damage to 1200. When this ship gets another cruiser broadside, it absolutely tears through it. You hit them for 230-850 damage every 3.6 seconds with my build, which evaporates their HP. Your HE is also way too effective against battleships and cruisers, netting you on average 230hp volleys every 3.6 seconds, which chews through their HP.

4. Take away the speed. This is supposed to be the cruiser line, so why does this ship have both amazing rudder shift and the ability to have the same speed as the novik, which is supposed to be the fast cruiser. This ship is already more than capable with it's turning circle, it should not have the ability to move up at 25 knots and ram, even if it can only do it once every round.

Yes I know the server averages are meh in this ship, but this based on an experienced player using the ship, as we should be balancing our ships around better players, not the average, if we ever want this game to become truly competitive. 

• Cool 6

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

define "Top Player" 

I'm curious, did you play NF1, with a shorter version of your current nickname?

Beta Testers
203 posts
1,116 battles

I'm curious, did you play NF1, with a shorter version of your current nickname?

Oh god the 10 years of Nostalgia from NF1 and getting 4 Tier 9 Accounts Hacked.

God I wish NF2 wasn't such a heaping pile of crap.

Sign in to follow this