You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

\Game-modes  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite Game-mode?

• Standard (Each team has one cap)
    • Domination (Several Neutral Caps to fight over)
    • Epicenter (One giant cap to fight over pretty much)
    • Bastion (Domination but with Forts)
    • I like them all
  2. 2. What is your favorite game-mode?

• Standard
    • Domination
    • Epicenter
    • Bastion
    • Once again I like them all

22 comments in this topic

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles

So pretty simple question, what is everyone most and least favorite Game-mode currently in World of Warships. 

Personally I like Domination the best since I don't have to worry about defending as much and can attack where ever I choose. My least favorite is Bastion because I dislike the forts mechanic as forts always seem to get ignored and are just a general pain in the ***.

On the other hand if the devs added forts to a team's base in the standard game-mode, well that may be something to consider.

Members
3,929 posts
20,924 battles
  1. PeeVPee
  2. Chicken Coop

Edited by yUPPatriots

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

I'm not a fan of Bastion, but really dislike Epicenter.  And I hate Epicenter when there is only 1-2 DD's on a team because then it just becomes a shooting gallery especially if one team looses their DD early.

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

Standard sucks because it encourages static game play.  I think epicenter is not understood well and causes tators to vapor lock.  Bastion is jut a variant of domination, so I'm fine with it.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

So pretty simple question, what is everyone most and least favorite Game-mode currently in World of Warships. 

Personally I like Domination the best since I don't have to worry about defending as much and can attack where ever I choose. My least favorite is Bastion because I dislike the forts mechanic as forts always seem to get ignored and are just a general pain in the ***.

On the other hand if the devs added forts to a team's base in the standard game-mode, well that may be something to consider.

Speaking of Bastion ive not played it for a long time .. like the shore bombardment 

Does it still exist?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

I like them all. Haven't really found one I dislike.

Just one of the odd ones lol

~Hunter

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Hate Epicenter.  It failed to do what it was supposed to do, which was reduce camping.  Now it's just sniping in or around the outermost ring and just blindly spamming torpedoes down the center in the hopes of hitting an enemy DD.  It'd be the one battle mode I'd actually love to have a Kitakami in (though just playing a torpedo DD in one works out well enough).

Bastion on the other hand did the job better.  With no real places to hide short of the very corners of the map, it's a legitimate battlefest.  I'm so glad they're expanding Bastion mode.  Now they just need to add Bastion to Standard Mode and it'd be perfect.

Wiki Editor
344 posts
19,230 battles

I prefer domination mode. I do find those battles more intense and skill driven(?) if that makes sense

I don't mind standard. Not having to worry about CAPs, i'll play that mode a little more loose. However, it does seem to encourage some captains to play more of a lets hang out at the base and see what comes to us.  I'm not found of waiting around. Hmm, could help explain why i tend to die earlier in Standard Mode - very little support  (just joking).

I do not like Epicenter.  Although maybe as an ealier posting stated, it might not be fully understood how to play it.  But, if the majority of your team is circling outside of the rings..well, there's a sign that you're likely gonna lose  that match.

Bastion mode, I've actually only played it during Public Test ( i don't have many high tier ships).   I have mixed feelings about it.  Getting focused on by ships and then beign killed by a Fort - bites!  Then again, focusing on Forts and getting killed by ships bites as well.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Speaking of Bastion ive not played it for a long time .. like the shore bombardment

Does it still exist?

I haven't seen it in a long time. Needs to come up more often. Honestly getting tired of the same maps. But.......

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles

Bastion?:amazed:whats the bastion?

Its a game-mode you'll see at higher tiers. Pretty much like domination but there are forts in each cap that will murder you if you get too close. This is if you team doesn't control the cap, which makes in incredibly hard for dds to ninja cap as they get permaspotted and forts deal mad damage if they hit you. Which is why most games in Bastion typically grind to a stand still once all the caps are taken.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Its a game-mode you'll see at higher tiers. Pretty much like domination but there are forts in each cap that will murder you if you get too close. This is if you team doesn't control the cap, which makes in incredibly hard for dds to ninja cap as they get permaspotted and forts deal mad damage if they hit you. Which is why most games in Bastion typically grind to a stand still once all the caps are taken.

Can i shoot the fort with my texas? sounds awesome to me :izmena:.remember the alamoooooooooooo yes..........

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles

Can i shoot the fort with my texas? sounds awesome to me :izmena:.remember the alamoooooooooooo yes..........

Well, once the devs expand on the number of maps Bastion mode can be on then yes I guess. Right now its for tier 8 ships and up I believe. 

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

The Bastion guns also only fire HE, and are extremely inaccurate against anything over 5km from it, unless it's a battleship (due to poor maneuverability).

However, they make great distractions for enemy secondaries; they tend to auto-open fire on a fort instead of a ship if the ship isn't designated.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I hate epicenter on desert.

those islands cause people to camp behind them and anyone in the middle generally dies a quick death.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

I haven't seen it in a long time. Needs to come up more often. Honestly getting tired of the same maps. But.......

Totally agree , have only played Bastion about 4 times, could do with a rework but it was fun what I like is you have to be aggresive , of late the amount of maps has been small

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

I like domination by far the best, The rest suck and always result in poor team dynamics.

Edited by Hangoverhomey