Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gomez_Adams

PSA - (Attention Rounne) It doesn't matter what tier the Premium is.

15 comments in this topic

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

OK, folks (and you, buddy) this is just a case in point on having a bad game.

It doesn't matter what tier premium they sell anybody, you can have a good or bad game in it equally as well. I just played one of my best games ever in the Sharnhorst. Got more than a bit peeved that I lost it. I was on fire. (Both literally and figuratively.)

Here it is:

ZI0gXW6.jpg

And here's the team sheet:

lVgSgdp.jpg

Now then, notice they are ALL premiums? Does that make any difference?

No. Not one bit. Look at the other team and you'll see even more powerful ships (non-premiums) at the bottom of their team. So it's not really whether the premium ships are causing the issues, and it doesn't matter what tier the ship is. It's just players having a bad game. Nothing more.

A guy driving any tier premium is just as likely to stink up the joint or dominate the game. That's all there is or ever was to it.

OH...and the Arizona is on sale. Pick one up. It's a great boat.

• Cool 2

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Some days, that Dunkerque would be me... Something about her playstyle makes me go full potato in maybe one out of every five matches on her. Sorry ahead of time :(

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles

Yep, the captain matters most in this game, not the ship. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

player make the ship OP, not the ship itself

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,574 battles

Some just make it a lot easier. Nikolai and Konig Albert for example have a very low skill floor and allow even potatoes to do well. Some ships you have to work a lot harder for, like Atlanta and Belfast.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Some just make it a lot easier. Nikolai and Konig Albert for example have a very low skill floor and allow even potatoes to do well. Some ships you have to work a lot harder for, like Atlanta and Belfast.

well that simple, battleships = easy mode if they don't get torp and fire to death :teethhappy:

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

That's odd, because I absolutely suck in the Konig Albert. I've never figured out why. I can take the Nassau and completely wreck face with it. I get in the KA and it's like I suddenly lose the ability to breath and think.

I still love the boat, don't get me wrong. And it's training my captain up pretty damn fast going from the Bayern, to the KA, to the Scharnhorst, to the Tirptiz in a one day.

I love them all, really...but I've never been able to put my finger on why I simply can't do a damn thing in the KA.

[BONKZ]
WoWS Community Contributors
313 posts
9,896 battles

Campbeltown is OP, only when you use it right :trollface:

Edited by HarunaKai

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Here I was ready to get all fired up at your post then find myself in total agreement. Who knew? :honoring: +1

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,644 battles

yea I don't see how the KA is so much OP, Idunnoseemskindaaverage... but alas at the end of the day I'm a scrub BB captain.

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

Everyone potatoes sometimes. Just some more or less than others.

Premium ship does not make premium player.

Edited by Lord_Adm_Nelson

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Thank you, yes i was woken up today by the sound of "they are selling the Arizona, get it right now". and sure enough i did. couldnt play it yet, at work.

As for baddies in premiums obviously you are right. I just get triggered when i see bad players in high tier expensive premiums, especially battleships because they are often so vital to the team.

But you also know from wot rentals and the free takao give away here that giving hight tier tanks and ships to newbs can ruin games.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Another interesting point about that image. Red team has exactly one premium ship, whereas the green team has 7. (not that it makes any difference) :look:

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

+1 on this sir.  Well put.  Premium ships don't mean crap if you can't drive them properly to their individual strengths/weaknesses.  That being said, you can usually still make a good credit haul even playing poorly, but Premium ships != P2W.

That's odd, because I absolutely suck in the Konig Albert. I've never figured out why. I can take the Nassau and completely wreck face with it. I get in the KA and it's like I suddenly lose the ability to breath and think.

I still love the boat, don't get me wrong. And it's training my captain up pretty damn fast going from the Bayern, to the KA, to the Scharnhorst, to the Tirptiz in a one day.

I love them all, really...but I've never been able to put my finger on why I simply can't do a damn thing in the KA.

Regarding your above comment, I have the same problem with König Albert.    For me, she was an impulse buy and I had very high expectations based on my research.  Granted, I've only played 6 games in her, and that is not nearly enough of a sample, but my average damage is less than half of the server average which led me to leave her in port.  I dont expect every game to get a barn burner, but just had higher hopes.

Maybe I need to go back and watch more game play videos, but in the limited number of games I played in her, by the time I got in range and close to any action, the game was already decided and I had to fight for scraps.   It's probably time to bring her out of port and give it another go.  

b

Sign in to follow this