Trevzor

Regarding USS Alabama

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

327 posts in this topic

It's about what I expected given the entire hysteria was based on a leak. The distinction between the unspoken "this" exclusive Alabama and a potential premium Alabama was always there.

I figured as much that it was a special ST Alabama but even then it wasn't positive that that was the case. Heck IChase did a video just earlier today going over the subject.

You and I keep bumping into one another on these forums other Doom, with our powers combined we could rule the forums as brothers in arms spreading doom to all who talk to us! Mwahahaha!

The Doom Duo arises! :izmena:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

I think this is what most everyone was looking for.  Thank you for giving a potentially bad situation a good outcome.  I'm satisfied and will continue to support the game financially.

Probably won't purchase Alabama but was one of the ones who thought it was a horrible decision.

I hope WG understands WHY this was initially a bad decision, why the community was upset and can do better at communication. Sorry but unlike everyone else the way the communication was handled for this matter was awful. This post is damage control and should have been done within 24 hours of the other post by Trevzor unless it wasn't planned to sell another version of Alabama. In which case there are bigger problems with WG. My faith is shaken WG and I truly hope you can do better at least with communication going forward. I want to have faith in the devs again.

P.S. I hold no ill will towards any employees or anything like that. I just feel it was a bad business decision that blew up and the fallout wasn't handled properly at the start.

There was never a fight, just confusion.

End result is the same. VICTORY!!!!! :medal:                   Not sure I believe this was the plan all along, but it could have been. Edited by paradat

Thanks for the update!

As others have mentioned, it would have been far better (communication wise) to let the player base know before this, but this is the answer pretty much everyone was looking for, so good job!

The Doom Duo arises! :izmena:

:izmena::red_button:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

TOOK YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH!!!

ugh... ok. Still don't like the decision to give an exclusive "version" to supertesters.  Give them a special camo/flag and simultaneously release it

P.S. I think some info about potential difference might now also be warranted. Will the stats be different, still in many ways an exclusive but slightly more tolerable, or more or less a different camo/ship benefits?

Also I know you can't give a time frame but it might be important to know if we are talking weeks, months or more than a year. (Like waiting 2 or 3 months not to bad but 6+ months might be a little long given the outcry)

Again I personally won't get the Alabama, i can't get USN BBs to perform and thus don't have an interest but rather an interest in the health of the game.

Can we have all those dam alabama thread removed now? Those whiners drowning my happy wishes for 2017 thread.

PLEASE!

We do need a definition of regular version now. Just a bit more clarification on that would be nice.

Thank you WG! Plans probably evolved in the last 24 hours to release a regular premium USS Alabama, but that was precisely what you had to do with the situation. You listened a bit late customers but at least you listened and I thank you. And you probably learned a lot.

Again thank you and I hope it is sooner than later released considering people really want that ship.

250 users reading this topic. Never seen more than 15.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Hey everybody,

Good luck out there!

Thank you. Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and God Bless to all of you at Wargaming. So happy about this.

73974560_by_valhalla_studios-darubje.jpg

So much for the supertesters having something unique to them. I hope everyone who whined is proud of themselves.

Hey everybody,

Good luck out there!

Outstanding!

73974560_by_valhalla_studios-darubje.jpg

So much for the supertesters having something unique to them. I hope everyone who whined is proud of themselves.

Oh no, people got the privilege to buy something!

ST version will probably keep the special Camo anyways.