Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DropAThirdOne

Cruisers

19 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

If you like shooting HE and setting fires, IJN. If you like spamming AP (especially in later tiers), and are skilled enough to deal with the high skill level requirement, German CAs. If you want lol-range, radar, decent guns (very good arcs and balanced HE/AP performance), Russian CAs. Do you like sitting in smoke, hoping that noone sees you because if you are spotted you're softer than ice-cream on the pavement on a hot summer's day, RN CLs.

Members
4,535 posts
16,633 battles

I am grinding the usn grind now.. but I don't know which other cruiser to grind

Abandon all hope for that line.  It's just a waste of time.  Change over to the KM or Russian line and you'll be a lot happier.

[NO2BB]
Privateers
90 posts
7,096 battles

Abandon all hope for that line.  It's just a waste of time.  Change over to the KM or Russian line and you'll be a lot happier.

I enjoy the usn line idk what issue you have with it.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

The Japanese line is definitly worth it at T7. Kuma and Mogami also being very good ships for their Tier and new Furutaka also sounds promising. So if you don't know where to go, go for those.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

IJN appears to be pretty good. Kuma and Furutaka are excellent for their tiers, people say they enjoy Myoko and Ibuki, and Zao is Zao.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

How far up the USN line are you? Don't worry to much what other people think of a ship, lots of people will scream that a ship sucks or whatever simply cause they don't know how to play it. (though some ships can be a little rough) The Pensacola is a example of this for me, people hated on it like crazy, but I liked it. Sure the Pensa could be a challenge, and was pretty easy to get deleted in, but if you could keep it alive it was capable of putting out some damage. I have only made has far as the New Orleans...and I haven't been able to get much out of her so far. As for other lines, I think the VMF line is good followed by the IJN line.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

IJN appears to be pretty good. Kuma and Furutaka are excellent for their tiers, people say they enjoy Myoko and Ibuki, and Zao is Zao.

Zao is nerfed Zao, just FYI. But Furutaka is a ton of fun and Myoko has some of my favorite guns.

If you've played the game at all you have an ARP myoko by now to try.

Edited by X15

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I've played IJN CAs up to T9, and they're pretty nice. I would say my favourite ships of the line are Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, and Zao.......wait, that's pretty much half of them...... but anyways, it's a decent line that gets a balanced HE and AP performance. 

[GLF]
Beta Testers
795 posts

Try all the lines at low tier until you find the one that 'feels' right. You'll know almost immediately.

Personally, I'd go IJN....fairly forgiving, and their well balanced.

The 'new' Furutaka is very much an Aoba-lite, and plays pretty much the same....fun ship if not in a tier 7 fight.

Members
4,535 posts
16,633 battles

You just haven't played the KM line yet.  After the Cleveland, the Pensacola is a huge letdown and the NO just can't compete with a similar tier/class vessel from the other lines.

[_TLC_]
Members
43 posts
6,643 battles

Each has their advantages and disadvantages. I've stopped in the USN line at Cleveland just because I know my skills with cruisers isn't gonna be enough to keep me alive in a Pensacola often, so I'm working my other cruisers lines up before I go there (Myoko is a ton of fun though, and hopefully I can grab the Yorck in a few more games). For some reason the Russian CA line just never really appealed to me, don't know whether its because of its mediocre armor or that I just don't like how the guns feel more like they're meant for sniping over actual gunfighting.

Members
34 posts
9,515 battles

I play with all cruiser lines and the FIRST advice for you is. choose one play and if you like the playstyle grind the t10 or some interesting ship.

My first is the IJN, because i like the aoba playstyle and zao, set fires and run is a really fun playstyle and IJN is basicaly this.

The RU is more sniper then others with good guns, but the survivability  is bad and need more skill (for me) then IJN.

The KM is basicaly AP shooters, the HE is bad and survivabiity isnt so good.

The RN is paper ships, everyone can cit you, DDs can do, if you are out of smoke everyone will explode you (specially cruisers and radar, that accuracy and DPM is your nightmare). but if you stay alive your DPM will eat all the life of enemies.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

German: long range AP snipers and closer range hydro support. Some AA support.

IJN: mid range HE spammers and torpedo boats

Russian: long range HE spammers with mid range radar support and decent AA support.

USN: close range AP ambushers and close range radar with excellent AA support.

USN has the best armor but worst shell ballistics. But their AP penetrates everything. Russian has very poor survivability but excellent shell ballistics. Germans have excellent shell ballistics but poor penetration. IJN have excellent shell ballistics, amazing HE, average range and armor.

Does that about sum it up?

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

My advice:

• USN cruisers = prepare to suck from tier 7 to 9
  • IJN cruisers = spam HE until you win, good torps as well
  • KM cruisers = spam AP until you win, switch to HE on bow on ships that bounce AP
  • VMF cruisers = spam HE until you win, switch to AP on broadside targets, get close to nothing
  • RN cruisers = didn't play much as I hate their shell arcs

Beta Testers
48 posts
16,308 battles

Go with the German CAs.  Hipper is very, very good.  Roon is fantastic (best ship for me).  Hindenberg will also but the hurt on many a BBs, if you dare.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

The general consensus is that the USN cruiser line is not competitive in terms of performance compared to the other cruiser tech tree in terms of ship to ship combat. Pensacola-Des Moines are lowest on damage for their tier and some are even out preformed by some lower tier ships. I have the Pensacola and New Orleans and can't seem to figure out why that is since I don't play them any worse than I play the ARP Takao/Myoko and I'm not that far behind how I preformed with the Yorck/Hipper. But don't let anyone tell you that you can't make a USN cruiser or any other ship work for you because you can't nerf skill or intelligent play.

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85

Sign in to follow this