KinoMyu

[MOD] Haifuri Skin Mod for Graf Spee

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

27 posts in this topic

With the imminent release of Admiral Graf Spee as a tier 6 premium cruiser, I present to you a skin resembling the one used in High School Fleet. Enjoy!

Screenshots:

QVEfwky.jpg

9ju2azY.jpg

cAPMXhB.jpg

E6Akwbw.jpg

WARNINGS:

Using this mod will hide all camouflages on Admiral Graf Spee. Camo effects still apply bonuses to the ship, so don't forget to equip camo.

Using the armaments skin will conflict with:

- Scharnhorst's main/secondary guns

- Various German heavy cruiser and battleship secondary guns, the 105mm DP guns and the single 150mms to be precise

Hull: Download

Armaments: Download

Installation instructions for both the main hull and armaments:

Unzip the file contents to res_mods/CURRENT_GAME_VERSION so that the structure looks like ".../res_mods/GAMEVER/contents/gameplay/..."

Edited by KinoMyu

Danke danke~ I was just going to request one from Yamato when Graf Spee officially came out. Now I can put her alongside my Harekaze Kagerou!

where did you find the file?

If you use the extractor to look in the game's res folder, you can see the default camouflage files. Then even if you don't own the ship you can use tech-tree mods to show unavailable ships in the tech tree and clear-vision mods to show unowned ships in color.

This skin looks quite striking, more so than the historically-accurate grey, and I like the Bismarck-like Baltic scheme. I will install this, though I'll revert the deck to plain wood without markings in my copy.

Hopefully one of the other community skinners will offer the scheme she wore in Montevideo, which also looks good.

Edited by Raptormama

And skin is installed. I love it! Lightened the deck also since a lot of references show a deck that looks more like pine than teak. Amazing work. Thank you!

MWDN255.png

EDIT 12/31/16:

- Decreased the contrast between the color extremes

- Brightened the deck

- Fixed a few bits on the superstructure

- Added some more rust

Any chance of reskinning the secondary guns and the rear turret to better match the show?  Other then that I really enjoy this skin, thank you alot.AzOOCnI.jpg

Edited by Mammoth_Tank_MKI

Any chance of reskinning the secondary guns and the rear turret to better match the show?  Other then that I really enjoy this skin, thank you alot.AzOOCnI.jpg

I use full suit of no-rust from Tanz, ... and doesn't look like much from anime but it look great nonetheless

M0c7KjE.png

EDIT 1/14/17:

- Fixed some colors to better match source under neutral lighting conditions.

- Fixed unusually thick black stripe under the water line (Thanks to leehwongxing for posting a screenshot)

- Fixed turret ring coloring

- Slightly tweaked text

- Added skinning to armaments as a separate file (Main/Secondary guns, Torpedo tubes)

Any chance of reskinning the secondary guns and the rear turret to better match the show?  Other then that I really enjoy this skin, thank you alot.

All done! Though, there isn't a way to choose which turrets to skin. It's either all or nothing.

Edited by KinoMyu

Did you just save some graphic devs over at the SEA server some free time? :trollface:

Excellent job though. Once the official Haifuri premium Spee comes out, it'll be the only thing motivating me to play the Spee. With the MM being the way it is, any T6 ship you want to have some fun with would have to outperform to even think of taking it out... Like the Arizona or the Molotov. Though I think the Bayern does OK too.

A very outrageous request...but...

Can you make a version for MacBook...?

A very outrageous request...but...

Can you make a version for MacBook...?

Shouldn't skins be cross-platform? They're just Nvidia .dds files.

You'd just need to extract the files to the right place (I'm not sure where that is on a Mac).

Some requests:

- you have painted all four forward Sec Turrets. Is there a way to only have those painted that were white in the show?

- Since you painted the forward turret as well could you try and give the turret ring a bit of paint as well? That might make it look like it is supposed to be like that.

I don't think it's possible to do that. The USS Arizona is supposed to have a blue roof on the third turret (only turrets 1, 2, and 4 had red roofs) but does not because the same model is used for all of the turrets, so the same texture is used as well. You can either have a ship with all turret tops red (which skinners have done as the difference is overlooked by most) or one with all blue, which stands out more.

So it's an all-or-none choice, unfortunately. And you only get one skin per turret model no matter which ship you're viewing it on, which is why my Spee (see it on page 1) has the turret colors from Tanz' Scharnhorst skin as the turret model is the same. Fortunately, the Kriegsmarine greys blend pretty well and I'm happy with the result.

I don't think it's possible to do that. The USS Arizona is supposed to have a blue roof on the third turret (only turrets 1, 2, and 4 had red roofs) but does not because the same model is used for all of the turrets, so the same texture is used as well. You can either have a ship with all turret tops red (which skinners have done as the difference is overlooked by most) or one with all blue, which stands out more.

So it's an all-or-none choice, unfortunately. And you only get one skin per turret model no matter which ship you're viewing it on, which is why my Spee (see it on page 1) has the turret colors from Tanz' Scharnhorst skin as the turret model is the same. Fortunately, the Kriegsmarine greys blend pretty well and I'm happy with the result.

I know that. But to adapt to it I suggested trying to paint the forward barbettes as well. Right now it looks like a camouflaged turret put on an un-camouflaged section. A colored barbette might help to make it look "planned"

- Since you painted the forward turret as well could you try and give the turret ring a bit of paint as well? That might make it look like it is supposed to be like that.

Problem solved sir! :honoring: The forward barbette is now also colored.

About the secondary turrets, they all use the same texture so it's impossible to color each individual one differently.