Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbcptnitro

Super Containers: Maybe it's just me, but...

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

24 posts in this topic

It took 48 containers between SC 7 and SC 8, that's 2.5 times longer than any of my previous SCs. Was it just my time to wait a while for the next one, or has something actually changed?

Anyway, this one was probably worth the wait....

Hr8KMg0.jpg

I would be overjoyed to get an SC every 50 containers. I am currently somewhere around 1 per 100.

I don't like to whine about free stuff, but the only super containers I've received have had 250 det flags or 250 india x-ray flags.   To be its cruel and unusual punishment to see the yellow super container announcement to see some crappy flags I get by blowing up in game.

If I had any ask of WG, is if it says "SUPER CONTAINER" in big flashing bold writing to get me all exciting, put something in it to make it exciting!!  250 Det flags is like getting kicked in the gonads.

I don't like to whine about free stuff, but the only super containers I've received have had 250 det flags or 250 india x-ray flags.   To be its cruel and unusual punishment to see the yellow super container announcement to see some crappy flags I get by blowing up in game.

If I had any ask of WG, is if it says "SUPER CONTAINER" in big flashing bold writing to get me all exciting, put something in it to make it exciting!!  250 Det flags is like getting kicked in the gonads.

250 flags is a really nice reward. And those are ones that are both valuable and hard to mine. I've gotten 500 det flags from 2 supercontainers and those have probably been the 2 best SCs I've gotten. Way better than credits and a little better than camo.

I haven't gotten any supers since the initial burst. Been weeks. Obviously they've lowered the chance. Too bad. 

I got my last one the day before Thanksgiving, and I think it was 5 million credits. Which were useful at the time, but now I'm sitting on 10m with nothing to buy. I've just come to expect to not get any supercontainers any more, it's basically like I'm playing the game before they were introduced, but get some extra flags a few times a day. 

Reminds me of my IT days... when someone would roll something from test to live... but forgot to say, oh, reset some variables so it went live with test variables. Mebbe something like that happened and took them a while to track it down and stomp on it. 

Down bad bug, down bad bug. :red_button: 

Maybe one day in the near future they'll open the floodgates for a 24 hour period. 

It's just you.

It is very likely that nothing has changed, what you are experiencing is confirmation bias.

Also, look up what probability and chance mean.

I haven't gotten any supers since the initial burst. Been weeks. Obviously they've lowered the chance. Too bad. 

Same here..

It's just you.

It is very likely that nothing has changed, what you are experiencing is confirmation bias.

I thought so at first, but then many people reported the same thing. 

I have received three total since they were introduced, none in over a month . . . so . . .

I had 2 so far since they were introduced.

Just started playing again recently(stopped roughly after CB/OB finished), haven't gotten one yet, but I am going to keep rolling until the cows come home.

It's just you.

The same here, they have become unicorns which makes getting 250 flags that are really only useful for one class you really don't play rather meh. If they are going to be that rare the rewards should be huge.

I'd give my eye teeth for one of the X million credit SCs. In the last two weeks I bought my first T9s (Fletcher, Iowa, and Baltimore) and I'm *poor* now :p

166 open by now. 2 SC within the first 2 weeks. 0 since then.

I agree. I have only gotten flags from supercontainers. it's a pita. The degree of difference between getting some practically useless flags vs getting 50,000 free xp or 20,000,000 credits is a joke.

Imagine if the game also randomized events/challenges to this degree offered to players. i.e. instead of events being the same for everyone, some players would randomly get the chance to unlock Takao while others only get offered a mission to get a Hashidate.

250 flags is a really nice reward. And those are ones that are both valuable and hard to mine. I've gotten 500 det flags from 2 supercontainers and those have probably been the 2 best SCs I've gotten. Way better than credits and a little better than camo.

lol good grief, no it's not. idk why on earth anyone says something so absurd. 250 flags make essentially no difference to the game experience because their affects are so incredibly small that it's negligible. How can that be a "really good reward" to you? Regards det flags, the normal det rate is so low that it doesn't affect you 99% of the time. The only ones worth getting are dragon flags or ones that boost xp or credits, although even those pale in comparison to 20M credits or 50k xp or a premium ship which are such MASSIVELY superior and awesome rewards because those actually give you something that affects your experience which is access to entirely new ships.

It doesn't matter.  You need many thousands of results in order to get an accurate idea of just how often a super container drops.

Things tend to come in streaks.  You only need to flip a coin to see this.  You would expect a 50% chance to get heads or tails.  Flip a coin ten times.  It is unlikely, but quite possible, for it to go: heads, tails, heads, tails, etc.  But you are more likely to see: tails, heads, heads, heads, tails, heads, heads, tails, heads, heads.  If you stopped there, you'd think that the chances of heads or tails is 70/30 and not 50/50.  If you keep flipping that coin, however, you'd see the chances start to approach 50%.

This is why you need many thousands of results, to straighten out the streaks.

It's been about two months since the containers were added.  If we assume 60 days since the container patch, at MAX you have gotten 180 containers.  Any ONE person does not have enough results to prove or disprove anything when it comes to container chances.

Edited by Gasboy

It doesn't matter.  You need many thousands of results in order to get an accurate idea of just how often a super container drops.

Things tend to come in streaks.  You only need to flip a coin to see this.  You would expect a 50% chance to get heads or tails.  Flip a coin ten times.  It is unlikely, but quite possible, for it to go: heads, tails, heads, tails, etc.  But you are more likely to see: tails, heads, heads, heads, tails, heads, heads, tails, heads, heads.  If you stopped there, you'd think that the chances of heads or tails is 70/30 and not 50/50.  If you keep flipping that coin, however, you'd see the chances start to approach 50%.

This is why you need many thousands of results, to straighten out the streaks.

It's been about two months since the containers were added.  If we assume 60 days since the container patch, at MAX you have gotten 180 containers.  Any ONE person does not have enough results to prove or disprove anything when it comes to container chances.

But the thing is that many people are reporting the same thing. We are all saying we had some burst of supers in the first week or two before a patch came out, after which we have seen nothing. I have gotten 103 containers and 3 supers, all three of which were within that first week or two before the patch. I, like many others, have gotten absolutely zero supers after that one patch.

lol good grief, no it's not. idk why on earth anyone says something so absurd. 250 flags make essentially no difference to the game experience because their affects are so incredibly small that it's negligible. How can that be a "really good reward" to you? Regards det flags, the normal det rate is so low that it doesn't affect you 99% of the time. The only ones worth getting are dragon flags or ones that boost xp or credits, although even those pale in comparison to 20M credits or 50k xp or a premium ship which are such MASSIVELY superior and awesome rewards because those actually give you something that affects your experience which is access to entirely new ships.

It depends on the flag, unless you have no captains to level 250 Dragon flags would be awesome where 250 plus flooding flags for someone that isn't a DD or CV player is a joke.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0