Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psychic_Dingo

Bismarck full secondary division issues

7 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
7,561 battles

Hi folks, my friend convinced to make the Bismarck my first tier 8 ship, which I did, and it's setup with full secondary build, including 15 point captain. His is setup the same. Awesome ship in this configuration, but we struggle as a division. He plays his solo, and is a beast in it, but even his performance suffers in division. I haven't tried mine solo because my battleship skills are still WIP and I don't find them as fun as cruisers. 

One theory I have, combining two issues. Tier 8-10 battles being long range battles as BB's only want to snipe at max range and CV/CL/DD being afraid of being the first to push in and get focused, especially without top tier BB help. Forcing us to rely on our lacking main battery at range.  The second issue being when enemies spot a division of Bismarcks charging in together, they instantly turn away and avoid us as much as possible. This causing us to hardly get in secondary and brawling range, and also forcing the entire enemy team to one side and killing our team(or getting killed by our team) before we can really do anything useful. 

My questions are, anyone else experience something like this? Pair of Bismarcks together a bad idea? I figure we can just take separate points on the map to eliminate the fear factor we bring, but I rather not bother with the ship anymore if that's the case. Divisioning is the most we get to hang out anymore since I got married and had a kid, so ship synergy in division is important to me. Thanks folks, looking forward to your opinions. 

Edited by SloWRX

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Actually pretty much every time I division, we do worse.  =/

Members
823 posts
561 battles

you are projecting an 'op-forcefield' in front of you wherever you go. its worse when there are two of you. switch nations and people will want to fight you.

or wait for them to nerf german bbs.

Members
56 posts
7,561 battles

I'm glad you guys share my feelings on the matter. I know I'm not being too crazy at least, haha.

I really considered changing the setup to a more main battery focused build, since I'm chasing people for 12-15km away for 20 minutes, I might as well improve my chances of hitting them. But that eliminates the whole reason for getting a Bismarck. Might as well start grinding up that USA BB line and put Seagal to good use before he gets any fatter.

Edited by SloWRX

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

Actually, in high tiers people tend to want to snipe at max range no matter what.

What I do in bismarck divs is just try to hang around islands and objectives. With 2 bismarcks, you can have 100% hydro uptime and nom on any DDs that get bold. And just generally it's a good strategy... hang on it places that will punish the enemy team for ignoring you, and try not to let them get clear shots for long range slugfests..

Members
56 posts
7,561 battles

Alternating hydro is pretty sweet when in a useful situation. Destroyers don't pose a threat at all to a Bismarck division. Carriers even struggle to get us when our okay-AA is combined.

We've had a few great battles in them together, but too many games are spent chasing ships or trying to get to the battle before it's too late. We don't rim ride the maps ever, so being too far from the fight is not something we prefer.

Edited by SloWRX

Sign in to follow this